Wound plus compound? silly?

i was thinking why focuse on the wounding and just learn how to replace wounding with another mechanism. if they eventually do get this hair thing with the wounding idea thats all great but since they dont have it why not just go for the score and find the source thats responsible then add the compound. i think we are so close we just cant seem to get the last piece of the puzzle.

» i was thinking why focuse on the wounding and just learn how to replace
» wounding with another mechanism. if they eventually do get this hair thing
» with the wounding idea thats all great but since they dont have it why not
» just go for the score and find the source thats responsible then add the
» compound. i think we are so close we just cant seem to get the last piece
» of the puzzle.

I think researchers like Dr. Fuchs are working along these lines.

With Follica, I think the process is meant to mimick what happens in the embryo. That is, your basic skin is formed, and then the appendages (hair, sebaceous and sweat glands, etc.) are created last.

Because you are trying to re-create what happens in the embryo, that’s why there’s the wait after wounding before the topicals are applied. Hair follices don’t form at the start of creation of the skin - either in the womb or after wounding in the adult - they are formed in the final stages of skin formation (the embryonic window, as Cotsarelis puts it). It’s these final steps where you manipulate EGF signalling to get the hair follicle. This is also why you don’t have to completely rip off all your skin for Follica’s procedure to work - you are only interested in the final stages of skin creation, so you only need to remove the outer skin layers (all or partial removal of the epidermis), which, when the outer layers are replaced, re-creates the final steps of completion of intact skin. In other words, you are only interested in the tail end of the process of skin creation.

yea thats pretty much it… but i know thier has to be a way to trick the body to start some sort of embryonic processe without wounding. we just need to figure it out… im sure we will master it with the wounding theory… if it works… the next step after that is to develop it without the wounding process. however if we could do that in the first place it would be that much better. but i guess we have to start with what we already know.