Why unhappy patients do not post

I Agree with you topcat 100%. I would not get my hopes too high on morals in this industry however. Forums owners, like doctors are in a business to make money. It is a shame that some of these Doctors, Forum owners and others involved in this industry are so corrupt. I do not know how they can sleep at night. This is the real world as I am sure you can relate. I give you credit in what you are doing as to educate these young people as much as you can. When I was young however several people told me not to have this surgery done. I think that a young man wants hair so badly that mistakes will unfortunately happen. What this industry needs is regulation and it won’t get it. Until then there will be some good and much bad done to innocent people. Greed and corruption run rampid in this field. I do not know what the real answer is other than revoking of licenses to doctors who harm the innocent. I have no hope however that this will ever be. It is sad but true. It is good that I was able to get mostly repaired but the mental scars will be for a lifetime. This type of thing that happened to you and I should not have ever been. Being disfigured physically also disfigures your whole being. It is like being raped. I again applaud you on what you are trying to do.

» Diamond I agree there are clinics out there that are very good. The doctors
» are skillful and the clinics really do care about what happens to their
» patients. I would also agree that word of mouth is one of the best ways to
» find these clinics. We could probably both agree that the biggest problem
» confronting this industry from a patient’s point of view is the fact there
» are very few people like you and I out there. Patients who have been around
» for such a long time. We are familiar with this industry and how it
» operates. We have had the perseverance to keep posting year after year
» without burning out and moving on. What makes the ht business so different
» is that word of mouth doesn’t have as much as an effect as it would in
» other businesses. The vast majority of patients do not want to speak about
» having cosmetic surgery, most will not even post. Even when I suggest to
» someone that has contacted me by way of e-mail to give me a phone call, I
» can detect some hesitation. I think maybe they feel that they might be
» giving up some anonymity. So what we are left with are too many clinics,
» where the main focus is marketing and not on skill and patient care. It
» then becomes who can have the loudest voice and spend the most.
»
» Anyone can string a few letters together and call themselves an authority
» on the best clinics. But what exactly makes that person or persons an
» expert. And when a doctor is dropped from this coalition what happens to
» the disfigured patients of the dropped doctor. Who makes them whole again?
»
» Yes, the forum owner that banned me suggested I move on with my life. I am
» sure he would like nothing better. I am not ashamed of anything I have had
» to say, or anything I have written since I know it to be the truth. I feel
» a moral obligation to keep doing what I am doing.
»
» I’m sure it’s easy to lose your way and maybe not do the right thing once
» the money starts rolling in from sponsorships. It’s part of what makes us
» human. Sometimes we can be weak, but it’s never too late to change. So my
» suggestion to the forum owner would be to do the right thing.

What did you say that was so bad that the owner had to ban you? What was the last post you made before you got banned? I see no reason why anyone would ban a healthy fue vs strip debate unless the comments were way out of line or unless you were harassing the posters in the forum.

» I Agree with you topcat 100%. I would not get my hopes too high on morals
» in this industry however. Forums owners, like doctors are in a business to
» make money. It is a shame that some of these Doctors, Forum owners and
» others involved in this industry are so corrupt. I do not know how they
» can sleep at night. This is the real world as I am sure you can relate. I
» give you credit in what you are doing as to educate these young people as
» much as you can. When I was young however several people told me not to
» have this surgery done. I think that a young man wants hair so badly that
» mistakes will unfortunately happen. What this industry needs is regulation
» and it won’t get it. Until then there will be some good and much bad done
» to innocent people. Greed and corruption run rampid in this field. I do
» not know what the real answer is other than revoking of licenses to doctors
» who harm the innocent. I have no hope however that this will ever be. It
» is sad but true. It is good that I was able to get mostly repaired but the
» mental scars will be for a lifetime. This type of thing that happened to
» you and I should not have ever been. Being disfigured physically also
» disfigures your whole being. It is like being raped. I again applaud you
» on what you are trying to do.

Pretty good, I guess …

Practically EVERY hair loss “help” forum out there is CORRUPT, and it’s very easy to confirm/prove this - isn’t it? Anyway, it seems there is hope on the horizon: I’m aware of an ongoing investigation - at least in Europe - about this whole issue.

The whole idea of these forums should be to avoid advertisment and people to share genuine experiences and reviews about products or services.
But unfortunately when the money started rolling in these forums became one thing only. An advertising platform and actually the most successful of all.

Its amazing how obvious it is that there are so many misleading things, so many paid posters and noone does nothing. And the worst of all bad results dissapear and people who have negative experiences are treated like dirt

» What did you say that was so bad that the owner had to ban you? What was
» the last post you made before you got banned? I see no reason why anyone
» would ban a healthy fue vs strip debate unless the comments were way out of
» line or unless you were harassing the posters in the forum.

I was told that I am promoting fue too much and that this was very dangerous. I have been around this industry for 25 years and I have had multiple strips, hair lifts, scalp reduction, 4mm punch grafts and fue and bht. There might be a small chance that I know a little something about the differences and how the clinics and forums operate.

I have always been civil in both my postings and private e-mails. My only purpose is to try and help others avoid my fate.

I responded to an e-mail that appeared to me like it was coming from a poster but actually it was a pm notification from the ownwer. In that e-mail I confirmed a red flag a poster had about a recommended doctor by the site. This confirmation came from my own experience and several previous patients and employees I have spoken to over time. This along with my postings did not go over very well.

My last posting regarded the costs of fue. This particular doctor was arguing that he made more money with fue so profit was not the reason he preferred strip. Of course I disagree with almost everything he had to say. Here is my last post.

Dr. Mohmand, thank you for posting. You seem to be very civil which I would say makes for a great doctor. I have seen too many doctors in this business take the authority stance too far, which I believe is not good for the patient.

I would still have to disagree with you. As far as the economics are concerned if you can do 4 strip patients in one day at an average of 3000 grafts, costing $4/graft you would have a total of $48,000 for the day. If we look at taking a fue patient with 3000, we are probably talking about working on just that patient all day if not a second day. At $6/fue you have a total of $18,000. This leaves a balance of about $30,000. It’s very hard for me to believe that this does not cover the cost of the extra staff and other necessities without leaving more profit for the day. So of course it’s best economically to do strip as opposed to fue, but what is best for the patient?

You also have the learning curve. How long does it take someone to become highly skilled? This adds to the cost. One has to consider the reality of many doctors not being able to become highly skilled, so of course they will be forced to offer only strip.

You made the statement that it will get better with time, referring to fue. It has gotten better, but there are less than a handful of doctors one can say this about.

These are just my opinions from what I have seen over the years and I am always open to new ideas.

I would also add that my comment on the doctor’s civility and it being the trait of a great doctor was very sincere. I have seen too many doctors that put themselves up on a pedestal, which is a giant red flag and I say this from experience.

» What did you say that was so bad that the owner had to ban you?
» ---------
» I was told that I am promoting fue too much and that this was very
» dangerous.

I just read the whole thread on the board where they banned you. As far as I can see, it’s true, that you always tried to be civil.

Not sure, but I guess the following part has been “THE reason” for the ban ?!

Dr. Dr M Humayun Mohmand:

1. “every doctor have to go beyond the limits of true donor area to harvest FUE, the question arise knowing that these follicles will shed early as soon as baldness progress, is it ethical to do the same procedure then?”

Topcat611:
“A doctor who is ethical and concerned about the patient would not go beyond the true donor area to harvest fue grafts. To even make such a statement is a red flag and should be cause for concern.

But what I found interesting too in this whole context/thread:

Dr M Humayun Mohmand:
“i am sure it will get better with time. there is a doctor who thinks he take a small core out of a follicle without damaging the follicle and hence he claims he is doing a cell multiplication/cloning.
I respect him but i am very sceptical of him.
i have not seen a great improvement in his pre and post operating results.

i am just sharing my thoughts as a surgeon. I might be not correct but this is what i believe.”

Dr. Mohmand’s signature:
”I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.”

Should I register there, quoting Dr. Mohmand, and should I post there “civil” tons of proofs like pretty good and independent videos, pics etc etc of “this doctor’s” patients he mentioned?

I guess it would happen the same as it happened recently in two other hair loss boards, as soon as I just mentioned the NAME and/or some FACTS about “this doctor”:
They simply banned the “dangerous guy” … :smiley:

Anyway, the following is just “my personal opinion”:
Doctors like Dr M Humayun Mohmand are just as’holes like MANY others in this “big business” field.

… and “whatever I say is just my personal opinion”. And "I might be not correct but this is what i believe.” :slight_smile:

This thread got my attention.

I would say all of your reasons are spot on. I used to be on the forums a lot and had over 8200 FUE from the “top docs” that everyone lauds on the internet so much. My yield was probably about 75% on all of my surgeries although I didn’t realize this until after. I have hairs in my hairline that were placed in wrong angles that make me very self conscious because they don’t look natural unless I lob a ton of gel on them to straighten them out. These strange angles, plus FUE scars & thinned donor from FUE make it impossible to cut my hair very short because it will look even more unnatural
Overall my hair still looks very thin and not nearly as good as patients on the forums with about the same amount of grafts.

I believe these patients are cherry-picked. While probably most guys get a better yield than me I really don’t think it’s that much better with FUE. FUE shouldn’t be worth more than 2 a graft for the common results rendered.

Of course I’ll never say who did my work because I don’t need the drama, but I hope some guys might not be so naive when looking at all the before & after pics on the forums.

» I have spoken to so many patients that have had ht procedures but the
» results were not very good. These are recent patients and not patients that
» had work done in the 80’s and 90’s. Yet these same patients will not post
» about their experience. I am often left to wonder why they come to the
» forums to seek information, but do not give back. In my opinion it is
» extremely selfish.
» Some of the reasons that I do know of are:
»
» They are afraid they might get sued.
»
» They are ashamed and embarrassed.
»
» They are afraid their identify will be revealed.
»
» They are worried they might get black balled by both the doctor and the
» rest of the ht industry.
»
» They might have their post deleted and be banned from posting.

»
» Please feel free to add to the list. I think it’s a very important point
» and should be brought to light.

» This thread got my attention.
»
» I would say all of your reasons are spot on. I used to be on the forums a
» lot and had over 8200 FUE from the “top docs” that everyone lauds on the
» internet so much. My yield was probably about 75% on all of my surgeries
» although I didn’t realize this until after. I have hairs in my hairline
» that were placed in wrong angles that make me very self conscious because
» they don’t look natural unless I lob a ton of gel on them to straighten
» them out. These strange angles, plus FUE scars & thinned donor from FUE
» make it impossible to cut my hair very short because it will look even more
» unnatural
» Overall my hair still looks very thin and not nearly as good as patients
» on the forums with about the same amount of grafts.
»
» I believe these patients are cherry-picked. While probably most guys get a
» better yield than me I really don’t think it’s that much better with FUE.
» FUE shouldn’t be worth more than 2 a graft for the common results
» rendered.
»
» Of course I’ll never say who did my work because I don’t need the drama,
» but I hope some guys might not be so naive when looking at all the before &
» after pics on the forums.
»
»
»
» Yes I agree with your post. Remember though we do not see thousands of results. We see very few guys with great results maybe 10 or 20. This field has several thousands of patients who receive surgery annually. So why only such a small number of " Wow " Results ? Perhaps because all of the other thousands results are mediocre or just plain bad. Think about it.

The posts by topcatt are very benign and non threatening, it’s a bit harsh to be ban someone because of that.

its hard for me to figure out whether its worth doing a transplant or not.

or whether i’m getting myself on a never-ending treadmill of misery and expense.

of the people here who have had a hair transplant, would you do it again? I am speaking to those who have done their transplants 3 years or more ago and are still satisfied with the result.

i want to approach women and i’m building the confidence to do so but this F&#*# hairloss is a real deal breaker.

I pray for an end to this misery. The person who cures this evil disease needs to be awarded the nobel prize in medicine.

» its hard for me to figure out whether its worth doing a transplant or not.
»
» or whether i’m getting myself on a never-ending treadmill of misery and
» expense.
»
» of the people here who have had a hair transplant, would you do it again?
» I am speaking to those who have done their transplants 3 years or more ago
» and are still satisfied with the result.
»
» i want to approach women and i’m building the confidence to do so but this
» F&#*# hairloss is a real deal breaker.
»
» I pray for an end to this misery. The person who cures this evil disease
» needs to be awarded the nobel prize in medicine.

Why the rush? You will be kicking yourself if Dr Cooley and Hitzig are successful with their Acell experiments.