Why no results from doctors utilizing Acell

Does anyone understand why doctors are not putting up their results from Acell. I see pictures of donors looking great but why aren’t they showing the recipients… Grafts dipped in Acell are supposed to result in a higher hair count than what is actually transplanted so why can’t we see these results? I’m so confused to why on earth they wouldn’t want to show this “robust growth” they are supposedly seeing as it would only boost their own reputations and practices…

Anyone have any opinion?

» Does anyone understand why doctors are not putting up their results from
» Acell. I see pictures of donors looking great but why aren’t they showing
» the recipients… Grafts dipped in Acell are supposed to result in a
» higher hair count than what is actually transplanted so why can’t we see
» these results? I’m so confused to why on earth they wouldn’t want to show
» this “robust growth” they are supposedly seeing as it would only boost
» their own reputations and practices…
»
» Anyone have any opinion?

Dr A answered this question

» » Does anyone understand why doctors are not putting up their results from
» » Acell. I see pictures of donors looking great but why aren’t they
» showing
» » the recipients… Grafts dipped in Acell are supposed to result in a
» » higher hair count than what is actually transplanted so why can’t we see
» » these results? I’m so confused to why on earth they wouldn’t want to
» show
» » this “robust growth” they are supposedly seeing as it would only boost
» » their own reputations and practices…
» »
» » Anyone have any opinion?
»
» Dr A answered this question

Can I get a link?

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry.html?id=71955&da=ASC&page=0&category=2&order=last_answer&descasc=DESC&be_page=1

Here’s a link to one of Dr. Epstein’s cases

I saw a post from him on another forum a couple days back and he seemed to be not so impressed with autocloning at this point, although he said its still early. I’ve talked with their patient consultant and am on the clinics mailing list, and they are actively pursuing both ACELL and autocloning. Hopefully they’ll come out with some nice results. Epstein seemed like a very smart guy in person, my only hesitation with his clinic is he doesn’t do FUE exclusively and he also told me during the consultation that he extracts some of the grafts, but his tech extracts the majority. With that said, I was able to look in on a procedure and see many patient results in person and was impressed with the total naturalness of the transplants (but not the thickness…but I guess that’s all transplants)

» Here’s a link to one of Dr. Epstein’s cases
» http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaTmS1tBDzM
»
» I saw a post from him on another forum a couple days back and he seemed to
» be not so impressed with autocloning at this point, although he said its
» still early. I’ve talked with their patient consultant and am on the
» clinics mailing list, and they are actively pursuing both ACELL and
» autocloning. Hopefully they’ll come out with some nice results. Epstein
» seemed like a very smart guy in person, my only hesitation with his clinic
» is he doesn’t do FUE exclusively and he also told me during the
» consultation that he extracts some of the grafts, but his tech extracts the
» majority. With that said, I was able to look in on a procedure and see many
» patient results in person and was impressed with the total naturalness of
» the transplants (but not the thickness…but I guess that’s all
» transplants)

He pursues the Beard hair approach which has been dated “not so effective” but also he has seen some results so its more or less up to get consistent results here :slight_smile:

I dont know hwy everyone is behind those auto cloned hairs. To me its more interesting to transplant just plucked hairs because those hairs are permanent and you dont have to hope for them to stay (like auto cloned ones)

But the more people get testing this the better it will be for us

Do you guys remember some early pictures of a pretty bald guy who got 500 grafts implanted on top and the growth was pretty impressive… It was a Hitzig patient, I know we talked about them on here somewhere. He was talking about how he could multiply hairs by 200-400% or something like that.

Do you guys believe that transplanting hair into a diffusely thinning top with Acell/PRP would result in many cloned hairs plus the reversal of the miniturization for many of the native hairs on top?

»
» He pursues the Beard hair approach which has been dated “not so effective”
» but also he has seen some results so its more or less up to get consistent
» results here :slight_smile:
»
» I dont know hwy everyone is behind those auto cloned hairs. To me its more
» interesting to transplant just plucked hairs because those hairs are
» permanent and you dont have to hope for them to stay (like auto cloned
» ones)
»
» But the more people get testing this the better it will be for us

Plucked hairs are permanent? what do you mean by that?

» Does anyone understand why doctors are not putting up their results from
» Acell. I see pictures of donors looking great but why aren’t they showing
» the recipients… Grafts dipped in Acell are supposed to result in a
» higher hair count than what is actually transplanted so why can’t we see
» these results? I’m so confused to why on earth they wouldn’t want to show
» this “robust growth” they are supposedly seeing as it would only boost
» their own reputations and practices…
»
» Anyone have any opinion?

They aren’t posting because if they did it would be more difficult to trickle feed just enough hope to keep you interested and more willing to spend your money. Sorry, but at this stage it is the truth. Hopefully in time that will change though. I’m a believer in the potential, not the current execution.

» » Does anyone understand why doctors are not putting up their results from
» » Acell. I see pictures of donors looking great but why aren’t they
» showing
» » the recipients… Grafts dipped in Acell are supposed to result in a
» » higher hair count than what is actually transplanted so why can’t we see
» » these results? I’m so confused to why on earth they wouldn’t want to
» show
» » this “robust growth” they are supposedly seeing as it would only boost
» » their own reputations and practices…
» »
» » Anyone have any opinion?
»
» They aren’t posting because if they did it would be more difficult to
» trickle feed just enough hope to keep you interested and more willing to
» spend your money. Sorry, but at this stage it is the truth. Hopefully in
» time that will change though. I’m a believer in the potential, not the
» current execution.

Thats the point it is working BUT it takes a huge load of time. You have to pluck 100 hairs and 75 of them can be used. The problem is right now you need too much time to pluck the hairs.

But three things are clear right now

1. Plucked hairs are permanent and DHT resistant
  2. Plucked areas grew back (its a no brainer)
  3. Technique MUST be improved

@jotronic : Thanks for sharing your opinion it is nice to actually see someone from the HT forum posting here and not only trample on those findings and the potential.

Even i wont undergo a FUT i really respect your post and also that you believe in this technique, but i can guarante you that you will get heavy flac from some lts say "Non Believers " here for that :wink:

I really hope that H&W are also experimnting to advance the plucking technique

What makes you think they will be permanent and DHT resistant?
I hope they are, but were are you getting this information from?

» What makes you think they will be permanent and DHT resistant?
» I hope they are, but were are you getting this information from?

do you believe that transplanted hairs a DHT resistant? plucking hair and then transplanting is not so different. It’s the same genetic material. If it works for a FUE then it is extremely likely that it will work for plucked hairs as well… essentially plucking hairs and fue are not so different. Its all about moving genetic material from one area to another.

» What makes you think they will be permanent and DHT resistant?
» I hope they are, but were are you getting this information from?

Ahm those hairs (the plucked ones) are from your donor. The tissue around those single hairs contains all the informations from the donor area. In combination with acell, the tissue forms the graft with those informations.

Its in some way a little bit like FUE but without stancing the whole follicle out and put it in the recipient area.

Just look at this picture and you will see what the follicle is :slight_smile: then you understand why they are permanent :slight_smile:

Search for the follicle and then look at the pictures from FUE and plucked hairs ^^ Enjoy

@hairman2 : Come you destroyed my point here :smiley: but i use a picture :stuck_out_tongue:

My question to everyone and what is most relevant to me is, do you guys think the transplantation of FUE grafts with Acell in a scalp with miniturized hair really facilitate cloning and provide a higher hair count and does it have the potential to reverse miniturization for hairs surrounding the transplanted grafts?

I feel like Cooleys result in his presentation with the man who saw “robust growth” with 2200 grafts is pretty impressive, seems like a solid hairline and great coverage. What I’m wondering is if some of his native hair thickened back up after the acell procedure and to what extent those hairs mulitplied after transplantation. Wish there was more information on this.

» My question to everyone and what is most relevant to me is, do you guys
» think the transplantation of FUE grafts with Acell in a scalp with
» miniturized hair really facilitate cloning and provide a higher hair count
» and does it have the potential to reverse miniturization for hairs
» surrounding the transplanted grafts?
»
» I feel like Cooleys result in his presentation with the man who saw “robust
» growth” with 2200 grafts is pretty impressive, seems like a solid hairline
» and great coverage. What I’m wondering is if some of his native hair
» thickened back up after the acell procedure and to what extent those hairs
» mulitplied after transplantation. Wish there was more information on this.

Maybe impressive BUT Fue alone wont solve THE hairloss problem “Finite Donor” thats why i would be more impressed with a semi decent plucking only result over a perfect FUE result

» » My question to everyone and what is most relevant to me is, do you guys
» » think the transplantation of FUE grafts with Acell in a scalp with
» » miniturized hair really facilitate cloning and provide a higher hair
» count
» » and does it have the potential to reverse miniturization for hairs
» » surrounding the transplanted grafts?
» »
» » I feel like Cooleys result in his presentation with the man who saw
» “robust
» » growth” with 2200 grafts is pretty impressive, seems like a solid
» hairline
» » and great coverage. What I’m wondering is if some of his native hair
» » thickened back up after the acell procedure and to what extent those
» hairs
» » mulitplied after transplantation. Wish there was more information on
» this.
»
» Maybe impressive BUT Fue alone wont solve THE hairloss problem “Finite
» Donor” thats why i would be more impressed with a semi decent plucking only
» result over a perfect FUE result

Oh BTW this tissue is the only reason why FUT and FUE work in the first place. I can tell you if you grab the healties hair you have and scrap away all the tissue, even Acell or Vishnu oder Superman could make this work.

If you understand this then well i bet your face right now has a smile on it. As someone here said it correct.

A hairtransplant is nothing more then shift genetic material or to be mor specific to shift “DHT resistance”

Oh and another thing, if you perform this plucking or i dont know the HST Gho thing you are not just fill in gaps, you create another save donor zone

“Dr A answered this question”

No he didn’t not really, unless you consider his answer to be:

“I am more interested to set up a clinic using the current methods where I train doctors because I make more money that way” :stuck_out_tongue:

I went to Hitzig;s website and it is not clear exactly what he is focusing on. Is he giving up on plucked hairs and focusing more on hair transplants that involve PRP/Acell? I want to know what he thinks is the most promising based on his studies so far.

» I sent to Hitzig;s website and it is not clear exactly what he is focusing
» on. Is he giving up on plucked hairs and focusing more on hair transplants
» that involve PRP/Acell? I want to know what he thinks is the most
» promising based on his studies so far.

Nope he has not left this technique, the opposite thing is actually going on he is so it seems desperately trying to make plucking more efficient in time terms.

The problem is, hairplucking is the cure and solution right now in terms of hairtransplants but the time to get you to your full density and stuff is right now extremely high.

As another user mentioned, its not the problem to transplant the hairs, the problem is actually the plucked hairs need all the tissue around it.

Becasue right now almost all of the plucked hairs with enough tissue did grow without problems even in scar tissue but to get the yield, well this will take some practising thats for sure.

Even Gho has his limitations and it takes a lot of time to transplant HST grafts.

As you may have read even jotronic (H&W) did mention that he believes in plucking but right now the “technique or how its done” is not satisfying.

In some way its sad and funny the same, we could if we knew HOW

Hitzig has this on his website, it doesn’t seem like he is doing plucked hairs, this is pure injections with Acell plus Arterial Platelet Rich Plasma (APRP), no mention of plucked hairs. Actually, I couldn’t even find any references to plucked hairs on his site. btw, I find the following pic quite impressive, this is just Acell plus PRP after 1 year.

Photos: Before (L) 1/16/10, After ® 1/15/11