Why I have decided to NOT get a HT

I have always toyed with the idea, since my crown has not responded to my regimen. Personally the crown is the hardest to transplant and takes up the most grafts, and it is likely to further expand though…

I know my thinning hair in the crown will someday expand, I HOPE that my regimen continues to work, since at 12 years it is still doing well, however I know it probably is not a miracle worker and my hair on the part line will continue to further thin downward and the crown will continue to expand the circle although I hope this is very very slow

I do not want to be trapped into an endless cycle of touchups which is exactly what will happen IF i get a procedure. I know there are a LOT of docs who could change my CURRENT appearance drastically and make me look great, however I am looking 10 to 20 yrs down the road and I dont want to be FORCED to go in the rest of my life chasing my thinning hair with transplants., which is what all transplant recipients are forced into once they get their first one

If I continue to thin naturally , ITS FREE, and I dont have to keep seeing transplant docs and draining my bank acct

» I have always toyed with the idea, since my crown has not responded to my
» regimen. Personally the crown is the hardest to transplant and takes up the
» most grafts, and it is likely to further expand though…
»
»
» I know my thinning hair in the crown will someday expand, I HOPE that my
» regimen continues to work, since at 12 years it is still doing well,
» however I know it probably is not a miracle worker and my hair on the part
» line will continue to further thin downward and the crown will continue to
» expand the circle although I hope this is very very slow
»
» I do not want to be trapped into an endless cycle of touchups which
» is exactly what will happen IF i get a procedure. I know there are a LOT of
» docs who could change my CURRENT appearance drastically and make me look
» great, however I am looking 10 to 20 yrs down the road and I dont want to
» be FORCED to go in the rest of my life chasing my thinning hair with
» transplants., which is what all transplant recipients are forced into once
» they get their first one
»
» If I continue to thin naturally , ITS FREE, and I dont have to keep seeing
» transplant docs and draining my bank acct

Good on ya!!!..it’s not worth it unless you respond to fin/dut without sides, I had just a small procedure up front(5years ago)which wound up a nightmare…would have been better if I just left it alone. Now I have a huge scar on the back of my head. So shaving is out of the ?

Not to say that some docs can give you good results, but my experience. I got pitted and it accelerated and thinned the existing hair, and I’m just trying my best to maintain naturally and with minox. My hair is definitely thinner though.

but it’s a drag.

I have held back too for obvious and similar reasons especially since I am already a NWVI pattern.

To look at it a just slightly differently.

options

transplants
system
concealers
nothing
combination of above

result
hairloss will ALLWAYS continue so
commit continue so continue with an approach above
If the approaches get exhausted then
if FUE then you are guaranteed not to have enough coverage one day but can buzz (but if that is the case why bother in the first place)
If strip then you may be lucky but if not then live with the new strange bald area because a buzz is out of the question (even with an FUE fill).
get a system.
become a permanent obsessive HT guinea pig and get Body / beard HT and go through endless cycles of looking odd for three to four months every few years
do nothing and be obsessive hanging around these boards and unless you are in denial that includes you and me!!!

when you look down the barrel and know that if you could just and move on and shave then none of this would be haunting you. If the worst came to the worst and you were ridiculed by all around for not having hair then that would be easier and more likely to be solved than a down the road HT.... unless it all works out???

»
»
»
»

Koodos to you. Unless yo want to chase hair transplants forever, do not get one in the first place. I feel for you and hope for your sake and my sake HM is just around the corner. There was a surgeon here that went bonkers and crazy on implementing THOUSANDS of grafts in the hairline and getting away with it by saying “I’m working on Hair Multiplication and it’s just around the corner”. I was a sucker for that one and fell into it.

G’luck

»
» Koodos to you. Unless yo want to chase hair transplants forever, do not get
» one in the first place. I feel for you and hope for your sake and my sake
» HM is just around the corner. There was a surgeon here that went bonkers
» and crazy on implementing THOUSANDS of grafts in the hairline and getting
» away with it by saying “I’m working on Hair Multiplication and it’s just
» around the corner”. I was a sucker for that one and fell into it.
»
» G’luck

If its any constellation you are not the only one who believed the hype and its not your fault, its the army of shills and salesmen which are allowed to misguide the public in these forums and ruin peoples lives.

And its not only your doctor it seems that most doctors do the same. The problem its the procedure is flawed. Propecia helped it tremendously but it only delays the inevitable so that most people will not realize the pitfalls and will fall into the trap by seeing short term success results.

By the way excellent decision Hanging

» »
» » Koodos to you. Unless yo want to chase hair transplants forever, do not
» get
» » one in the first place. I feel for you and hope for your sake and my
» sake
» » HM is just around the corner. There was a surgeon here that went
» bonkers
» » and crazy on implementing THOUSANDS of grafts in the hairline and
» getting
» » away with it by saying “I’m working on Hair Multiplication and it’s just
» » around the corner”. I was a sucker for that one and fell into it.
» »
» » G’luck
»
»
» If its any constellation you are not the only one who believed the hype and
» its not your fault, its the army of shills and salesmen which are allowed
» to misguide the public in these forums and ruin peoples lives.
»
» And its not only your doctor it seems that most doctors do the same. The
» problem its the procedure is flawed. Propecia helped it tremendously but it
» only delays the inevitable so that most people will not realize the
» pitfalls and will fall into the trap by seeing short term success results.
»
» By the way excellent decision Hanging

I don’t know of any other doctor other than Alvi Armani telling his patients that he is personally working on Hair Multiplication and it was “right around the corner”, in which case guys (like me) went ahead and emptied all their available grafts into their hairline- only to find out 99% never grew!!! Nor do I know of any other surgeon that dense packs the hairline with trillions of grafts in ages ranging from 20 yrs old+

Hangin’s a smart dude and so is Marco and a limited of others for not fallin for the online shills and sc_a_mming rep(s) representing clinics. If you can see behind that then you were surely smarter than I. I’m fukced.

Want to see magic? WATCH THIS POST DISAPPEAR :wink:

»
» I don’t know of any other doctor other than Alvi Armani telling his
» patients that he is personally working on Hair Multiplication and it was
» “right around the corner”, in which case guys (like me) went ahead and
» emptied all their available grafts into their hairline- only to find out
» 99% never grew!!! Nor do I know of any other surgeon that dense packs the
» hairline with trillions of grafts in ages ranging from 20 yrs old+
»
» Hangin’s a smart dude and so is Marco and a limited of others for not
» fallin for the online shills and sc_a_mming rep(s) representing clinics.
» If you can see behind that then you were surely smarter than I. I’m
» fukced.
»
» Want to see magic? WATCH THIS POST DISAPPEAR :wink:

this HM promise is ridiculous and you are correct on all counts.

Other than that be smart now and dont believe its only Armani i know so many stories of guys that dont come forward and they have bad results from other so called top clinics in here. no growth, stretched scars they just dont speak because they dont know where to turn, they supposedly went to the best, where to turn now after you ve been to the so called best on these forums and who to trust!

Was it FUE? MAybe you can get away with it and stay away from transplant, if your result isnt unnatural in terms of pitting, scarring etc

I’m in the same position guys.

I’m debating whether to have an FUE transplant. The problem is there is no way to tell how extensive my hair loss will be 3, 5, 10, 15, 20…etc years down the line.

Even with a commitment to take propecia/avodart for a lifetime, I don’t know if there is any guarantee that the hairline will remain on pause forever.

I know as soon as I get my first hair transplant, it won’t be my last. I will be on a treadmill for life costing me tens of thousands of dollars. I’m no banking & financing crook so my earnings & savings don’t come easy.

If my hair thins out, the transplants are going to catch the eye of everyone. The human eye is exceptionally sensitive to any change in facial features as evolution has evolved us to detect deception, lies, fear, anger, betrayl, joy, bluff & bluster…etc on the faces of others for our own survival.

On the other hand, the best years of my life are passing me by with this sh&tty hair loss. I’m desparate for the cure but these researchers are spending their entire careers researching and coming up with jack sh&t for results.

» I’m in the same position guys.
»
» I’m debating whether to have an FUE transplant. The problem is there is no
» way to tell how extensive my hair loss will be 3, 5, 10, 15, 20…etc years
» down the line.
»
» Even with a commitment to take propecia/avodart for a lifetime, I don’t
» know if there is any guarantee that the hairline will remain on pause
» forever.
»
» I know as soon as I get my first hair transplant, it won’t be my last. I
» will be on a treadmill for life costing me tens of thousands of dollars.
» I’m no banking & financing crook so my earnings & savings don’t come easy.
»
» If my hair thins out, the transplants are going to catch the eye of
» everyone. The human eye is exceptionally sensitive to any change in facial
» features as evolution has evolved us to detect deception, lies, fear,
» anger, betrayl, joy, bluff & bluster…etc on the faces of others for our
» own survival.
»
» On the other hand, the best years of my life are passing me by with this
» sh&tty hair loss. I’m desparate for the cure but these researchers are
» spending their entire careers researching and coming up with jack sh&t for
» results.

I’ve heard and seen all the arguments of pro and against FUE/FUSS. I’VE HAD BOTH!! My experience with fuss/strip was that the yield is significantly higher. My experience with FUE was maybe 5-10% growth (yield). What do both have in common? They were both performed by alvi armani, and they BOTH LEAVE SCARS! Granted I have a smiley face from ear to ear in the back of my head, but guess what? I have PITS and SCARS and BUMPS and RIGIDS visible through my hairline especiall temple closures from FUE.

So for Hangin and everyone else that was once or is on the fence between fuss and fue, screw what the reps say! They BOTH leave SCARS! I can post pics to make it seem like you’ll never see the scars and pits, then again I can also post pics where you DO see them. The advantage of strip/fuss is that the yield is ALWAYS higher than it is with fue. So what’s the best thing to do? NOTHING! Get on finsteride, minoxidil, niz shampoo and be happy and gone with it.

I used to literally MOCK and laugh and fight with hanging long ago everytime he said things like “those who have grafts shoved into their hairlines are going to have an island up front in the future”. He’s right, man. I’m living proof.

» Want to see magic? WATCH THIS POST DISAPPEAR :wink:

No wonder why I didn’t know more about you. Anyway, sad to hear your WHOLE story - and sadly, mine (HT story) isn’t much better.

mj2003,
sorry to hear about it man!!

one question,your signature says that you had FUSS before–did i just miss it before or you never disclosed it earlier?

anyways hope you can maintain with fin and minox for now,good luck!!

» My experience with FUE was maybe 5-10% growth
» (yield).

That little? Wow. Did something go wrong or is that the norm? During extraction, I’m guessing they must have transceted every follicle they transplanted and killed it.

» but guess what? I have PITS and SCARS and BUMPS
» and RIGIDS visible through my hairline especiall temple closures from FUE.

Would you be able to post pics of these FUE scars please showing these pits and bumps ? Can you ‘feel’ them with your finger tips ?

» So what’s the best thing to do? NOTHING! Get on finsteride, minoxidil, niz
» shampoo and be happy and gone with it.

That’s the conclusion I’m increasingly coming around to. Decades and decades of research and there isn’t jack sh&t that can cure us. Its really crazy that in this the 21st century, we can’t figure out how to grow a strand of hair. Meanwhile researchers are dragging their feet.

» I used to literally MOCK and laugh and fight with hanging long ago
» everytime he said things like “those who have grafts shoved into their
» hairlines are going to have an island up front in the future”. He’s right,
» man. I’m living proof.

Would you be able to post a picture of your hairline. How are you coping with it?

It is always best to see a transplant in person. I have had very good growth with my FUE and guess what even the bad doctors gave me good growth. The problem was the scarring from the strips, punch grafts, scalp reductions and the Flap (Hairlift surgery). The other problems were that the grafts were growing at all different angles. I really do not have any VISIBLE scarring from the FUE surgery and the growth has been great. The only problem a repair patient faces is that there is so much damage that it can never be 100%. I would say 80 to 90% better than before. As humans we all want perfection and I am not sure you can get that. Also think about this they are taking hair from one area and moving it to another. So it will always be thinner in some aspect as to where they take it from. This is the give and take of this surgery. That being said I am glad I do not wear a wig any longer and can say I would have had the corrective surgery again. Transection is a very big important word in this surgery. Once the donor is damaged then you are on a road of playing catchup. My advice is See many, many patients in person and do not get too high on expectations. After over 30 operations that is what I can honestly offer. If you can live with about 50 to 60% (if lucky) of your original hair density then proceed with this surgery. It is better than being bald but I do not think anyone is going to be modeling hair in GQ magazine. Base your decision on the facts of supply and demand. Good luck to all!!

diamond6:
After over 30 operations that is what I can honestly offer.
If you can live with about 50 to 60% (if lucky) of your original hair density then proceed with this surgery. It is better than being bald…
No offense, but I rather bald naturally, than face down the barrel of 30 operations… or even 3 for that matter. I’m glad you managed to make the best of your situation, but I’m obliged to think your case should be a stern warning to others that HTs require a long-term financial and emotional commitment.

diamond6:
…but I do not think anyone is going to be modeling hair in GQ magazine.
Check hairsite’s main page.There’s a blurb about a certain HT doc stating:
Every patient is like a page out of GQ magazine

If you are in your mid 20s, you panic, I know I started thinning in 1978 so
by now I have seen the cycle, once you hit 40 believe me half your friends are thinning

45 and up nobody cares really, what your hair looks like

sure if you are 21 all the hot chicks might look the other way but many even at that age are not that superficial and see that is not the important thing, they have dated their share of pretty boys who are so self centered and shallow and look in the mirror more than they do

Honestly at my age now, I dont see the benefit,
of getting even a good transplant

Now if i could be guaranteed the hair would stay that way? sure I might go for it

but we all know that is a fantasy

A MILLION TIMES better to go through life natually bald or thinning, than to go through life with an artificially produced head of hair that must constantly be maintained by 5 to 10,000 dollar touchups or else you look like a freak

How many guys out there who got a transplant WOULD GIVE ANYTHING to just have time reverse and never gotten anything done?

Look at it this way having never had a transplant I still have a choice, and I CHOOSE to remain natural

the guys who have had a transplant, never have that choice again, they MUST go in for transplants the rest of their life

kind of like living a nightmare if you ask me

I requested a brochure from this guy

This was approx 2002, but the guys name escapes me at the time but he was a very respected HT surgeon, and Dateline NBC even used him as a consultant for their HT stories, very good work, very highly sought after at the time

His letter which was instead of a brochure I had requested basically was stating the reasons why he , as a surgeon, was completely disillusioned with his own profession. He said a few things that have stuck with me

As a surgeon seeing things from the other side , this guy I am sure was wealthy by that time since at the time HT was way less competitive than now and more expensive.

He , however was pretty much disgusted with the profession, even though he was widely viewed as a very competent, respected surgeon.

He stated a few reasons.
Basically he said that he had previously been judging his success on the before and after of his patients in a period of about a year after the transplant. ,
by that standard he felt successful.

But he had recently been seeing a lot of his previous patients who had gotten surgery 10 yrs or so ago, and he was completely dismayed. Most of them even though at the time or shortly after the surgery looked great and were happy, 10 yrs down the road looked horrible. The hair had continued to thin, and in many many of the cases the available donor hair to fix the newly bald areas was not sufficient. The crown area surgeries were left with a HALO effect with a hairy area in the middle and newly bald area surrounding it, which is completely bizarre. Frontal and top transplants were not much better.

This left him as a surgeon, in a dilemma . He admits he is not god and can only work with the available hair that this patient has. If a patient comes in nw7 With insufficient donor hair and unrealistic expectations it is easy to just send him on his way and say, sorry I cannot help you.

But these patients who already got the transplant left him as a surgeon, feeling helpless. His basic statement that he wanted every prospective patient to understand was in a nutshell the fallacy of hair transplants in general.

In short, the more hair you need, the larger your need for grafts, the FEWER grafts you have available. This is only common sense but many patients do not seem to grasp this.

Because of the situation many of his former patients found themselves in, which is basically they are Sh(*t out of luck, he felt like a failure as a surgeon, and he felt somewhat of a fr…aud also. He could not do much to help his patients look presentable ever again with their hair, and that left him feeling inadequate and pretty much like . what the heck am I doing here? Is this HT surgery idea just a fantasy. How many of the prominent docs on the board follow up patients 10 yrs later and report HOW THEIR HAIR looks now?

I think it was amazing that here I had one of the most successful (at the time) surgeons in his field, trashing his own profession. A real eye opener. Perhaps that Is why I am still very hesitant to get a transplant.

» If you are in your mid 20s, you panic, I know I started thinning in 1978 so
»
» by now I have seen the cycle, once you hit 40 believe me half your friends
» are thinning
»
» 45 and up nobody cares really, what your hair looks like
»
» sure if you are 21 …

I’ve just reported about my situation/experience (somebody asked me):

Anyway, I have the same experience as described by HanginIn.

»
»
»
»

Dear Hangininthere and marco,
One thing that can not be overstressed or repeated often enough - Go for a hair transplant ONLY if you are ready for the possibility of having to go for further hair transplants, as and when you lose more of your native hair.

If a patient ever tells me that he wants to have only one and final hair transplant, I would never take him unless he is already a NW 6/7 and has no further scope for hairloss.

Hair transplants are not for everyone. If you are a category of people who feels they cannot/ will not go for more then 1 hair transplant, its better you do not get your first one.
I have said this often enough in the past and I feel it is the single most important thing for patients to know.

Regards,
Dr. A

» Hair transplants are not for everyone. If you are a category of people who
» feels they cannot/ will not go for more then 1 hair transplant, its better
» you do not get your first one.
» I have said this often enough in the past and I feel it is the single most
» important thing for patients to know.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

If you think in terms of traditional HT techniques (FUT/FUE), sure, you’re right, Dr. Arvind. But for instance …

Original
De 23-jarige Krishna baalt enorm van zijn steeds kaler wordend hoofd. Hij vindt zichzelf veel te jong om al kaal te zijn en wil dolgraag weer een vollere haardos. Na lang wikken en wegen heeft hij besloten een haarstamceltransplantatie te ondergaan. Er worden meer dan 1000 haarstamcellen, oftewel grafts, geoogst uit het donorgebied bij Krishna’s achterhoofd. Wij volgen hem tijdens de behandelingen bij Hair Science Institute
Source: RTL XL

Translation (Netherlands/English)

The 23-year-old Krishna fed up with his more and more becoming bald head. He thought he is too young to be bald and he would like to have a fuller head of hair again. After much deliberation, he decided to undergo a hair-stem-cell-transplant (HST). More than 1000 hair stem cells, resp. grafts, were harvested from Krishna’s donor area on the back of his head. We follow him during his treatment at Hair Science Institute [Dr.Gho].

So where is the problem?
There is none: Dr. Gho and his physician team could even treat a 16 years old guy with a receding hairline/temples, because he will never run out of hairs!

@James Bond was definitly right in saying “Dr Gho has apparently changed the game” …

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-66816.html#p66816

Dr. Gho & team, currently they’re the celebrated superstars in the Netherlands – for now just in the Netherlands. And any “Bullsh’t!” paroles by your patients (slaves?) will not change that – neither now, nor in future, Dr. Arvind.

Anyway, in contrary to you, Dr. Gho IS able to claim on his website “HST is almost for everyone with hair loss problems …” - including independent of age.

20 years back, unfortunately, I didn’t had such possibilities as offered today.

» So where is the problem?
» There is none: Dr. Gho and his physician team could even treat a 16
» years old guy with a receding hairline/temples, because he will never run
» out of hairs!
»

Dear Iron_man,
I am glad that you have found solution for your hair regrowth problem.
It is not really my place to debate Dr. Gho’s methods because I am not privy to the details of his work.

However, I would look forward to see results for any claims from anyone, Dr. Gho included, in any method of hair regrowth.
Regards and best wishes,
Dr. A