Why I believe ICX-TRC is a follicle rejuvenation procedure

Maybe I should have written “mostly a rejuvenation procedure”, because there could still be some neogenesis taking place.

If we look at the famous before and after photos we can see that the hairs pretty much all grows in the same direction. Could we expect this if follicle neogenesis had taken place? Not that likely.

Aderans, who officially, tries to create a neogenesis procedure, has stated that a patient probably would need hairtransplant at the hairline since their HM hairs wont line up in a 100% natural way.

Aderans are also working on a scaffold to try to guide the direction of growth. So there seems to be some direction issues with follicle neogenesis (which also could explain the delays Aderans has experienced).

If we look at the latest information from Icx, regarding the second cohorts better result, they have this to say:

“We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells.”

I interpret the “resident hair producing cells” as cells from the old hair follicles.

My conclusion from all this is that the new hair growth is the same hair we all have lost once earlier.

So as long as the quality of the new hairs are pretty much the same as before, ICX-TRC will be the cure we all have been waiting for!! :smiley:

» Aderans, who officially, tries to create a neogenesis procedure, has
» stated that a patient probably would need hairtransplant at the hairline
» since their HM hairs wont line up in a 100% natural way.
»
» Aderans are also working on a scaffold to try to guide the direction of
» growth. So there seems to be some direction issues with follicle
» neogenesis (which also could explain the delays Aderans has experienced).
»
»

I spoke with someone at Aderans last year, and he explained that they are expecting “rejuvination” so to speak along with neogenesis. I can’t remember the exact terminology that he used but it wasn’t rejuvination, however you get the point that it is also stimulating dormant follicles. I wouldn’t go on to say that you would go to Aderans for neogenesis and ICX for “rejuvination”. I stand firm that both institutes are seeing both neogenesis and rejuvination.

To name just a few, Aderans has a patent on: Precise injection delivery device, bioabsorbable fibrous matrice.

Where is ICX at in terms of cracking the consistancy issues? Aderans might not be in FDA trials yet, but ICX doesn’t seem to have the upper hand considering their trial participants results varry greatly, IMO.

I never believe that they could create a brand new follicle, it just sounds so much more difficult to do than to revive dormant follicles. If they could create a brand new follicle from nothing, then it s better than a cure.

I think this issue is VERY under-studied by us guys waiting around for HM.

If you’ve got conventional HTs, then you’ve got a donor area with a lot of the original follicles being flat-out missing now. And in the recipient area, you’ve also got tons of the original follicles that have been severely damaged (probably destroyed) by the process of reimplanting the moved grafts.

I think this stuff is just a little bit relevant to the HT community’s expectations about HM, don’t you?

» Where is ICX at in terms of cracking the consistancy issues? Aderans might
» not be in FDA trials yet, but ICX doesn’t seem to have the upper hand
» considering their trial participants results varry greatly, IMO.

With consistancy you are refering to that it might not work on all people?
I have heard this talk a long time and it is an important question since the first trial only worked in 5 out of 7 people and the first cohort only had 2 out 5 people growing hair.

But now it seems that Icx has learned a lot more wouldn´t you say? In the most recent cohort every participant had visible regrowth within 12 weeks (you should remember that 3 months has always been the given timeframe where you should START seeing regrowth)
So there are no indications that icx-trc wont be consistent with the improved technique they are currently using.

They are also trying to get an even better delivery method with the next cohort. Maybe they will have an even more impressing result, growing hair on every patient and beating the 13-105% regrowth in 12 weeks.

I think they have solved the consistancy problem, the direction issue and now are focusing on getting as much solid regrowth as possible from the injections.

It is all up to the quality of the hair if icx-trc will be a success or not.
I have faith in them. I believe we are very close to an amazing treatment! :smiley: