Why doctors elect to use PRP-like techniques

News flash, PRP is not a treatment for hair loss at all. It does nothing to stop hair loss, and it does nothing to restore hair. It is useful in tissue healing ONLY, and it’s useful in the case of preventing scarring, and promoting healing, of the HT donor site.

From that, a lot of HT doctors started spinning it as a hair loss cure, but there is absolutely no scientific or visual evidence for that.

1 Like

Same goes with finasteride and Minoxidil.

“it’s useful in the case of preventing scarring, and promoting healing, of the HT donor site.”

Exactly. For that reason, it probably does have some value as an add-on to a HT. But, I believe the cost is around $1500-$2000, which is absurdly high when you consider what is actually being done. Hopefully they charge less when it is combined with a HT. They should. I think $500 should be the absolute ceiling under those circumstances.

I agree, it does have some value as an add-on to HT, after the HT is done. But I think some HT doctors out there are implying that it’s useful for patients with hair loss, to grow hair or stop hair loss without HT. The cost for PRP that I hear most often cited is from $600-$900… If some docs are charging up to $1500 or $2000 that is ridiculous.

1 Like

I’m working off memory and the cost night have included something like a PRP+Acell combo.