Why do you want hair?

is it for looks, is it because you want to look younger, or is it just coz you want hair?

i think everyone who is in here (i exclude people who dont come to a HM forum but want hair too) and who is waiting for HM and is always on this forum - like me :frowning: wants hair for a reason. ok im not sure about thisā€¦so correct me if im wrong and you just want hair for looksā€¦but i think you and me want hair for a deeper reason. for me the reason is, i want to have the time back when i was 16/17. now im nearly 24 and i still want this time back. i think that is the reason why i want hair. maybe its time to change my goals in life and to become adult. :confused:

what is your reason why you want hair? please be as honest as you can.

hair doesnt make you happy (only the loss of it can make you unhappy) , it doesnt give you to eat and its not sure how much it changes your chances with women (there are people who say they get more women after hairloss)ā€¦ in fact if you dont get chicks due to hairloss, its your fault!

your input?

Ā» is it for looks, is it because you want to look younger, or is it just coz
Ā» you want hair?

BOTH, I want to look younger and better and this will get me more women

youth, attractivness, seduction, confidence ā€¦ i want to fuck many chicks :smiley:

Ā» youth, attractivness, seduction, confidence ā€¦ i want to fuck many chicks
Ā» :smiley:

I want hair.I believe I look better with hair - attractiveness plays a big part,but most of all I just do not want a bald head!

I do not look to bad with a shaved head,people think I look the age I am or younger,but I would still like more hair.

Hairloss as never effected my confidence,that much,maybe a little.

The truth of it we all probally have got deeper reasons.perhaps.

Ā» Ā» youth, attractivness, seduction, confidence ā€¦ i want to fuck many
Ā» chicks

if you shave your head or still have enough to have a hair style then i dont think such people get less chicks than someone with hair. it doesnt bother chicks that much. at least all chicks say that. and you can see many chicks with bald guys.

last time i saw paris hilton and nicole richie in a tv-show and they talked to a bald guy (shaved) and they thought he was hot. thats just an example but it shows that you can be hot bald too. and dont say you dont have the right head shape. everyone has the right head shape.

i think its some other problem. baldie42 says too its something deeper maybe. i can only speculateā€¦but hey this is a forum for speculation. maybe we feel inferior to other people coz of our hairloss problem. or we feel old and due to that inferior. i think it has to do something with inferiority complexes.

from wikipedia:

An inferiority complex, in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the afflicted person. It is often subconscious, and is thought to drive afflicted individuals to overcompensate, resulting either in spectacular achievement or extreme antisocial behavior, or both. Unlike a normal feeling of inferiority, which can act as an incentive for achievement, an inferiority complex is an advanced state of discouragement, often resulting in a retreat from difficulties.

this quote says its imgagined or actual inferiority. i think for hairloss its both. imagined and an actual inferiority (you look older (about 4 years in general) and a little bit worse). but remind its only 4 years and a little bit worse in looks. i think if you shave your head you dont look 4 years older , maybe only 2 and that doesnt really matter i think. i think most is imagined. we imagine we look 100000 times worse than before and 50 years older.

what do you think?

Itā€™s a variety of reasons

Obvious reason is I want to look 24 and not 30. Even when I have my receding hairline, I still get asked for ID at R-rated movies.

I just want to grow my hair longer. I never got the chance to do it when I was in high school due to things going on. I always wanted to see it because I think it would make me look sexier. Itā€™s a style I havenā€™t done since I was much younger.

a more youthful appearance which will help me regain my confidence. bald men are not attractive. your appearance commands respect.

i hate spending all the fuss each morning trying to style my hair - covering up the thinning areas hiding my receding hairline. male pattern baldness is a disease, just like acne. i suffered from acne in my teenage years. iā€™m left with acne scars on my face. soon afterwards, a receding hairline appeared. eventually, the crown started thinning out. did i also mention the fact that iā€™m only 5ā€™4. life already dealt me a bad hand before the hair loss started. the hair loss took my depression to another level.

iā€™ve been on propecia for 2 years. it works. i lost a lot of hair because of poor shampoo products - head and shoulders just to name one. i started using the laser comb and added other supplements to my diet. iā€™m getting an HT done in february. i will get my hair back and look the way i want to. if not, i honestly donā€™t see anything ahead.

Men want their hair back (I have most of my hair, just recessed temples) because we want our peak appearance back.

I women lost thier frontal hair, you would never hear the end of the bitching about it. Theyā€™d damn march on congress and demand a virtual new space program to find the cure to regrow lost hair.

Men, stiff upper lip, just suffer in silence, buzz it, wear toupeeā€™s, get surgery, use topicals, take pills-----and all really hate it and wished theyā€™d have the option of growing their hair out if they wanted to.

Think Brad Pitt would be a star if he was Norwood 3 or 4?

You notice Bruce Willis doesnā€™t get many leading roles these days?

Of course men look their best with a full head of hair. The only subset of men Ive seen who consistently look about as good without hair are black men. They can pull it offā€¦but almost all the rest of us just look better with hair, especially whites and asians.

Slick Rick has a point in comparing acne and baldness. Both are androgen related skin-conditions. No one challenges someone treating their acne. ā€œBut its naturalā€ is not a cry you will hear from anyone in opposition to you treating your acne. Baldness is a trait most of us do not want, and didnā€™t have in our young adulthood. Having all your hair back is a part of looking your best. Thats why people want it back. They want to put their best foot forward. Its the same reason people pump iron, and pick out attractive things to wear instead of ragged clothing and being out of shape.

Ā» Men want their hair back (I have most of my hair, just recessed temples)
Ā» because we want our peak appearance back.
Ā»
Ā»
Ā» I women lost thier frontal hair, you would never hear the end of the
Ā» bitching about it. Theyā€™d damn march on congress and demand a virtual new
Ā» space program to find the cure to regrow lost hair.
Ā»
Ā»
Ā» Men, stiff upper lip, just suffer in silence, buzz it, wear toupeeā€™s, get
Ā» surgery, use topicals, take pills-----and all really hate it and wished
Ā» theyā€™d have the option of growing their hair out if they wanted to.
Ā»
Ā»
Ā»
Ā»
Ā» Think Brad Pitt would be a star if he was Norwood 3 or 4?
Ā»
Ā»
Ā» You notice Bruce Willis doesnā€™t get many leading roles these days?
Ā»
Ā»
Ā»
Ā»
Ā» Of course men look their best with a full head of hair. The only subset of
Ā» men Ive seen who consistently look about as good without hair are black
Ā» men. They can pull it offā€¦but almost all the rest of us
Ā» just look better with hair, especially whites and asians.
Ā»
Ā»
Ā»
Ā»
Ā» Slick Rick has a point in comparing acne and baldness. Both are androgen
Ā» related skin-conditions. No one challenges someone treating their acne.
Ā» ā€œBut its naturalā€ is not a cry you will hear from anyone in opposition to
Ā» you treating your acne. Baldness is a trait most of us do not want, and
Ā» didnā€™t have in our young adulthood. Having all your hair back is a part of
Ā» looking your best. Thats why people want it back. They want to put their
Ā» best foot forward. Its the same reason people pump iron, and pick out
Ā» attractive things to wear instead of ragged clothing and being out of
Ā» shape.

the problem is, you can pump iron, you can treat acne, but you cant treat hairloss. at least not that good. there is simply no real solution out there. :confused:

thats our problem. and the problem is, it will take a few more years that something like a cure comes out.

i think its logical that guys want hair. but its not that tough like some make it.

Ā» Ā» Ā» youth, attractivness, seduction, confidence ā€¦ i want to fuck many
Ā» Ā» chicks
Ā»
Ā» if you shave your head or still have enough to have a hair style then i
Ā» dont think such people get less chicks than someone with hair. it doesnt
Ā» bother chicks that much. at least all chicks say that. and you can see
Ā» many chicks with bald guys.
Ā»
Ā» last time i saw paris hilton and nicole richie in a tv-show and they
Ā» talked to a bald guy (shaved) and they thought he was hot. thats just an
Ā» example but it shows that you can be hot bald too. and dont say you dont
Ā» have the right head shape. everyone has the right head shape.
Ā»
Ā» i think its some other problem. baldie42 says too its something deeper
Ā» maybe. i can only speculateā€¦but hey this is a forum for speculation.
Ā» maybe we feel inferior to other people coz of our hairloss problem. or we
Ā» feel old and due to that inferior. i think it has to do something with
Ā» inferiority complexes.
Ā»
Ā» from wikipedia:
Ā»
Ā» An inferiority complex, in the fields of psychology and psychoanalysis, is
Ā» a feeling that one is inferior to others in some way. Such feelings can
Ā» arise from an imagined or actual inferiority in the afflicted person. It
Ā» is often subconscious, and is thought to drive afflicted individuals to
Ā» overcompensate, resulting either in spectacular achievement or extreme
Ā» antisocial behavior, or both. Unlike a normal feeling of inferiority,
Ā» which can act as an incentive for achievement, an inferiority complex is
Ā» an advanced state of discouragement, often resulting in a retreat from
Ā» difficulties.
Ā»
Ā»
Ā» this quote says its imgagined or actual inferiority. i think for hairloss
Ā» its both. imagined and an actual inferiority (you look older (about 4
Ā» years in general) and a little bit worse). but remind its only 4 years and
Ā» a little bit worse in looks. i think if you shave your head you dont look 4
Ā» years older , maybe only 2 and that doesnt really matter i think. i think
Ā» most is imagined. we imagine we look 100000 times worse than before and 50
Ā» years older.
Ā»
Ā» what do you think?

i think it depend on the person whoā€™s living through baldness, but itā€™s definitly not fully psychological (at least in my case). I agree baldness feeds your imagination and may drive you to a sentiment of inferiority (since baldness has a negative image in the modern society, whatever people say about it) but baldness tends to make you look older. For example last time as i was wearing a scarf on my head i accenditally crossed my image in the the mirror; I though i forgot that my face looked so young. This was the first thing that came accross my mind. Although i shave my head to 1mm and am in my late twenties im pretty sure i look older without hair than with hair. And i donā€™t think i am some sort of a special case.
As for chicks, i donā€™t think they give much importance to baldness unless you have no confidence whatsoever. I see a ton of UGLY, BALD, SCUMMY men dating HOT, INTELLIGENT, whatever you like, chicks. Baldness sucks but is not the issue to seduction, otherwise baldmen couldnā€™t be able to reproduce and baldness would not exist anymore, lol. Irony and ivory ā€¦mmmmā€¦

ā€“ I want to look my own age, and not 10 years older.

ā€“ I want to look as good as I can. A lack of hair or a receded hairline disproportionately damages that because of my face shape.

ā€“ I want to look a way that suits my personality, my career, and my life outlook. All of these things fly totally in the face of a shaved-down or shorter haircut.

I want my hair back for all the same ā€œdeep-seated psychological reasonsā€ that I would want to get severe acne cured from my face. Nothing more complicated than that.

If I let my thinning hair grow out it looks like shit.I shave my hair down with balding clippers,this then makes me look right hard looking,not the look I want,nor the impression I want to give.

Having tattoos when I was younger also adds to this impression.The stupid mistakes we make in life.

we all want hair to look younger and better. logical. but is it worth staying in this forum so much? i think this forum is much about hope and anticipation. everyone has to answer that question for himself.

what i wonder is there are about 500 millions (?) people worldwide who got hairloss. where are they all? dont they suffer from it? i mean this forum should be full if everyone would suffer as much as people in here. i think people in here suffer more from mpb than other. but not coz they we look older or worse (that the others do too!) , we imagine more problems added to the problem.

everyone dislikes baldness (at least most). but its no ā€œproblemā€ for the most. and most people who didnt got mpb dont see it as a ā€œproblemā€ aswell. at least here in germany and i cant think its other in other parts of the world. thats why i asked this question.

we do over-react to it!

I disagree.

When it comes to the importance of looking good and looking young, I think the majority of the male population underappreciates them right now.

We have a culture that has rapidly gotten more media/visually minded in the last few decades, but our sense of life priorities has not really adjusted to the new reality yet.

We collectively still try to tell ourselves that looks arenā€™t unnecessarily relevant just becase we wish this were the case. But every single time anyone attempts to study the issue, they discover that looks actually matter even more than their worst suspicions.

Iā€™mn not going to spend my life at an unfair disadvantage just because I wish the world wasnā€™t like this. IT IS like this. All I care about is coming out on top within the current system that I canā€™t escape.

Hi all,

Thereā€™s another reason we hate our baldness. Itā€™s because it increases our mortality salience ā€“ itā€™s a daily memento mori. Why do you think so many bald guys work out or take an insane amount of vitamins? Weā€™re trying to fight, as desperately as we can, our premature death. And this constant reminder of our own mortality ā€“ of our aging, dying self in the daily mirror ā€“ bears down on our sense of confidence and identity, forcing us to confront our bodily limitations when we should be carefree youth. Combine this mortality salience with the increased difficulty of getting women, and you have yourself the makings of a horrible midlife crisis ā€“ but a perpetual one that wracks you every time you look in the mirror in the morning.

Balding ā€“ or rather baldness, since we all have varying degrees of baldness ā€“ sucks bigtime.

Best,
BB

Ā» why do you want hair?

The most stupid question I have ever read

Midlife crisis?
Reminder of our mortality?

Try being almost a NW#3 by the time you can get a driversā€™ license!

I only WISH the issue was as simple as dealing with growing older.

Ā» Ā» why do you want hair?
Ā»
Ā»
Ā» The most stupid question I have ever read

OK, and why? by the way there arent stupid questions , there are only stupid answers ;).

you overreact. i dont know how society is in US or UK or other countries, i only know how it is in my town in germany. and maybe looks count, but baldness doesnt take your looks completley away. do you even talk to other people about this toppic? i asked so many, you can really call ā€œnormalā€ and they all say baldness doesnt really matter much. and anyway looks arent everything. you are not a model!

so pleaseā€¦these answers just show what you think and you are really superficial people. i mean im a bit superficial too and i care for my looks, sure , else i wasnt here, but you really can overdo it. ok anyway i wont change you, i know that i wont even get you to think about it. but you are definatley superficialā€¦ most who answered to my post. you even dont fit in this category of superficial people because superficial people in general look good and dont have baldness. i know im superficial too, but not to that extend that i think and write things like this. im not sure, but at least my both pre-posters are superficial. and if it is your goal in life to look young and good than you are superficial too. only superficial people think and write (say) things like this. go and change your attitude or you will suffer until HM comes outā€¦which will realisticly be at least 2011 , so in 4 years or later. ok its not my life. its yours. if you arent superficial and im wrong with this , then please just ignore this.

Ā» is it for looks, is it because you want to look younger, or is it just coz
Ā» you want hair?

Because horseshoe-bald people are repulsive freaks and a blight on the landscape. And that means me and you.

(And it has nothing to do with looking old: I would have been overjoyed to have a full head of gray hair when in my twenties instead of being bald.)