Why a Baldness Cure is Taking So Long

Hey All,

This article is 2-3 years old but has some interesting points:

And this is what Ken Washenik says about hair multiplication: “It’s the Holy Grail of hair technology and we are going to be the first to get it.” And Washenik also talks about starting clinical trials in “two years” – which would have been 2006.

All the best,
BB

I like this idea: “If 10 million balding people each give $100 it will be $1 billion we can offer to a research institute…”. Combined with this one: “As Melbourne dermatologist Dr Rodney Sinclair points out, it has been a prime matter of conversation “for about 1000 years”.”

…Because the above comments reference the magnitude of the problem both in terms of numbers of people, and importance to people.

Washenik said HM is the Holy Grail of Hair Technology. I think a cure for hairloss is the Holy Grail of cures. More important, might be Aids, Cancer, Alzheimers-- I won’t argue. But have a look, $Billions upon $Billions await the one who delivers the Hairloss cure, hundreds of millions of people can benefit, and a problem of thousands of years will be solved. That’s what makes it the Holy Grail of cures in my opinion. So why, while I’m optimistic about Intercytex, is there only one serious contender for the Holy Grail of cures at the moment? If someone here can explain that to me-- that is the most confusing hairloss question of them all.

Hey OceanJ,

Yeah, I’m baffled too why there isn’t more money being thrown at a baldness cure. I remember reading an article a few years ago about how Big Pharma wasn’t taking baldness seriously b/c they didn’t think men would spend money on it. So it could be ignorance. But then there’s a lot of money to be made with current hair transplants, wigs/systems, and rogaine/propecia (which are not effective for many people, esp. rogaine but which give 'em big profits anyway). On top of this there’s the stigma/obstacle of men trying to look their best – this is seen as metrosexual/gay/feminine/whatever. So there you have it.

I hope Intercytex finds a cure quick and shows the rest of the biomedical industry what they’ve been missing.

All the best,
BB

» I like this idea: “If 10 million balding people each give $100 it will be
» $1 billion we can offer to a research institute…”. Combined with this
» one: “As Melbourne dermatologist Dr Rodney Sinclair points out, it has
» been a prime matter of conversation “for about 1000 years”.”
»
» …Because the above comments reference the magnitude of the problem both
» in terms of numbers of people, and importance to people.
»
» Washenik said HM is the Holy Grail of Hair Technology. I think a cure for
» hairloss is the Holy Grail of cures. More important, might be Aids,
» Cancer, Alzheimers-- I won’t argue. But have a look, $Billions upon
» $Billions await the one who delivers the Hairloss cure, hundreds of
» millions of people can benefit, and a problem of thousands of years will
» be solved. That’s what makes it the Holy Grail of cures in my opinion.
» So why, while I’m optimistic about Intercytex, is there only one serious
» contender for the Holy Grail of cures at the moment? If someone here can
» explain that to me-- that is the most confusing hairloss question
» of them all.

» Hey All,
»
» This article is 2-3 years old but has some interesting points:
» Why a baldness cure is taking so long
»
» And this is what Ken Washenik says about hair multiplication: “It’s the
» Holy Grail of hair technology and we are going to be the first to get it.”
» And Washenik also talks about starting clinical trials in “two years” –
» which would have been 2006.
»
» All the best,
» BB

Actually, they did start the phase I process in 2006. It’s been slow going since then though.

» Actually, they did start the phase I process in 2006. It’s been slow going
» since then though.

So does anyone know what they’ve accomplished so far, and how far it will be? Or what the phase I results are??

To be honest guys we all know why current treatments are not so successful as they could have been. It is because they are crap. If there really is going to be a solution that could give me full head of hair I’m open to spend thousands of dollars on it.

Pills work somehow to help you keep the hair or in the long run to slow the loss down. oils give some illusion of vellus hair for most. and then there is a ht which works but is still pretty rubbish. I mean, in my age, going HT way right now is still too risky imho. What If my hair loss progresses and I run out of donor? What if? how about the scars? These are the questions that put me, and I’m pretty sure that many other young guys, off.

And the young (20-30) are probably the ones who want solution the most of all. this is where HT industry is loosing their money. The ones who want solution can’t have it because they are too young. The old are too bald. and there are only few lucky who never progress beyond nw5 and are willing to undergo 5 or more painful surgeries to fix their problem.

Give us a solution that gives big improvements after one session. A solution that is easy to undergo (i do not want to hide myself for 2 weeks somewhere with swollen head really, I do not want to travel in this state, and I’m not the only one for sure …) and the ht industry will immediately grow 10 folds

» » Hey All,
» »
» » This article is 2-3 years old but has some interesting points:
» »
» Why a baldness cure is taking so long
» »
» » And this is what Ken Washenik says about hair multiplication: “It’s the
» » Holy Grail of hair technology and we are going to be the first to get
» it.”
» » And Washenik also talks about starting clinical trials in “two years”
» –
» » which would have been 2006.
» »
» » All the best,
» » BB
»
» Actually, they did start the phase I process in 2006. It’s been slow going
» since then though.

keep holding your breath its right around the corner

Personally,I think HM is a fantasy,a comfort to a fool.
If there EVER is a “cure” for baldness,I think our only REAL hope is that some doctor studying a medication for another cure will find that,THAT medication grows hair & that drug will resolve hairloss.It’s a long shot, but that’s the only way I think it will ever happen.The only way they will crack the complex hairloss riddle is by luck.
I have been waiting for so many years,needless to say I am not holding my breath.Sure I have hopes,but deep down I know that I am f**ked.
I also seriously doubt that some unknown clinic will suddenly appear with a commercially ready HM procedure or any other cure for hairloss.Some codes are far to complex to break.

Please correct me if I am wrong,but didn’t an Italian Doc come out last years & say that he had a cure for baldness ? He could take a few hairs of your head & create you a full head of hair ? Didn’t he claim that the product would be available this year ? He would 1st treat burns patients then throw the doors open to the public ? These events are correct,right ?
Turns out he was full of sh*t,his trials haven’t gone beyond mice.Right or wrong ?
Whose to say that Intercytex isn’t full of it ? The Co has received allot of publicity over the past year & allot of $$$.What if that was their only goal ??

» Personally,I think HM is a fantasy,a comfort to a fool.
» If there EVER is a “cure” for baldness,I think our only REAL hope is that
» some doctor studying a medication for another cure will find that,THAT
» medication grows hair & that drug will resolve hairloss.It’s a long shot,
» but that’s the only way I think it will ever happen.The only way they will
» crack the complex hairloss riddle is by luck.
» I have been waiting for so many years,needless to say I am not holding my
» breath.Sure I have hopes,but deep down I know that I am f**ked.
» I also seriously doubt that some unknown clinic will suddenly appear with
» a commercially ready HM procedure or any other cure for hairloss.Some
» codes are far to complex to break.
»
» Please correct me if I am wrong,but didn’t an Italian Doc come out last
» years & say that he had a cure for baldness ? He could take a few hairs of
» your head & create you a full head of hair ? Didn’t he claim that the
» product would be available this year ? He would 1st treat burns patients
» then throw the doors open to the public ? These events are correct,right
» ?
» Turns out he was full of sh*t,his trials haven’t gone beyond mice.Right or
» wrong ?
» Whose to say that Intercytex isn’t full of it ? The Co has received allot
» of publicity over the past year & allot of $$$.What if that was their only
» goal ??

Like I said there is no way to tell and HM history says most of the claims are at the very least somewhat exaggerated and at the worst total horsecrap

but as long as there are guys like the ones on this board whose only hope is HM then guys will continue to swallow all the updates and timelines

I am not saying that in theory HM cannot work, I think its theoretically possible but the cloning implications etc will make it extremely difficult to come to fruition in this country and if it ever does become available i doubt it will be before 20 yrs

Go to the inter-b.s web site & read the answers to the FAQ.

http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/aesthetic/icxtrc/faqsicxtrc

I cannot understand how anyone could read those answers & not realise that their isn’t any hope that this fantasy will ever become a reality any time soon.
All we can do is hope that some other unknown company is miles ahead in their research but are keeping things hush,hush.I doubt it,but hope,because it’s getting really hard living like this.I don’t know how much longer I can last.

That’s an old article, and if you read it, it doesn’t really discuss why a baldness cure is “taking so long”. It looks like they made up the title first and had a preconceived idea they wanted to promote.

» Go to the inter-b.s web site & read the answers to the FAQ.
»
» http://www.intercytex.com/icx/products/aesthetic/icxtrc/faqsicxtrc
»
» I cannot understand how anyone could read those answers & not realise that
» their isn’t any hope that this fantasy will ever become a reality any time
» soon.
» All we can do is hope that some other unknown company is miles ahead in
» their research but are keeping things hush,hush.I doubt it,but
» hope,because it’s getting really hard living like this.I don’t know how
» much longer I can last.

you sound depressed

» Personally,I think HM is a fantasy,a comfort to a fool.
» If there EVER is a “cure” for baldness,I think our only REAL hope is that
» some doctor studying a medication for another cure will find that,THAT
» medication grows hair & that drug will resolve hairloss.It’s a long shot,
» but that’s the only way I think it will ever happen.The only way they will
» crack the complex hairloss riddle is by luck.

How come “some” doctor would find a cure to hairloss by chance while there are some companies spending their times 24/7 on the problem and still struggling to find a solution ? We are not in the middle ages anymore, how the world works is pretty known nowadays, and it’s common knowledge that basic stuff like cloport spitting, snake oil, etc, don’t do the trick. There’s not a single chance “some doctor discovers the hidden solution by slipping on a banana”, because it’s way too complicated.

» I have been waiting for so many years,needless to say I am not holding my
» breath.Sure I have hopes,but deep down I know that I am f**ked.
» I also seriously doubt that some unknown clinic will suddenly appear with
» a commercially ready HM procedure or any other cure for hairloss.Some
» codes are far to complex to break.
»
» Please correct me if I am wrong,but didn’t an Italian Doc come out last
» years & say that he had a cure for baldness ? He could take a few hairs of
» your head & create you a full head of hair ? Didn’t he claim that the
» product would be available this year ? He would 1st treat burns patients
» then throw the doors open to the public ? These events are correct,right
» ?
» Turns out he was full of sh*t,his trials haven’t gone beyond mice.Right or
» wrong ?
» Whose to say that Intercytex isn’t full of it ? The Co has received allot
» of publicity over the past year & allot of $$$.What if that was their only
» goal ??

The guy you’re refering to must be Dr Santi, right ? As far as i know it’s what the medias said which were full of sh*t, as usual, not the doctor claims. Actually, it’s the doctor who had to correct the misleading information by himself later after the cock sucking journalists poo’ed their daily stuff. Anyway, THE cure still looks far away, and i agree with you, there are many reasons to be pissed off about baldness, especailly when you are young. But companies like Intercytex are our only hope at the moment so…finger crossed while we are forced to undergo this stupid situation which is baldness. Fuck baldness, it’s the only word to which fuck is to be adressed.

BTW, in case ou didn’t know, Intercytex primary goal is to make $$$, like any other company. Welcome to the world.

One more thing : “some codes are far too complex to break” doesn’t hold much for hair engineering. While it’s not trivial at all, it’s common knowledge it is one of the “easier”, if not the easiest thing, to start with when it comes to tissue engineering, and that’s presently why it is being tested in front of other more important organs

I AM DEPRESSED.
Depressed has been my constant state of being for the past 10 years thanks to strip surgery.

I agree with the fact that intercytex is our only hope for now.

If Intercytex’s ICX-TRC fail (impossible) we are f…ucked up! Then we will have to wait another 5 to 10 years…

But I would consider Intercytex’s 2008 small scale commercialization possible :wink:

September is only few months away.

» How come “some” doctor would find a cure to hairloss by chance while there
» are some companies spending their times 24/7 on the problem and still
» struggling to find a solution ?

Well,didn’t that happen with Fin ? Man has been balding since he walked this miserable planet.In all this time the companies working 24-7 to find a cure haven’t found sh*t.Those who claim to wont provide any proof.
Fin’s ability to delay hairloss was stumbled upon.

Lets agree to disagree imor.I am really shocked by your optomistic remarks.I dont want to ridicule them because I am so far gone that maybe it is I who is the one who should be rediculed.
I just hope your right.

Damon

We are all in the same f…ucked up situation… Been a little optimistic won’t harm you…

Based on what stated by Intercytex, (and probably on results not yet published) there is a good possibility for the 2008 ICX - TRC’s small scale commercialization.

Personally I believe that the 2008 miracle will happen, and I ’ll do my best to participate and restore what I have lost. But I ‘will keep it for my self for now.

Hopes keep us alive!

» » How come “some” doctor would find a cure to hairloss by chance while
» there
» » are some companies spending their times 24/7 on the problem and still
» » struggling to find a solution ?
»
» Well,didn’t that happen with Fin ? Man has been balding since he walked
» this miserable planet.In all this time the companies working 24-7 to find
» a cure haven’t found sh*t.Those who claim to wont provide any proof.
» Fin’s ability to delay hairloss was stumbled upon.

Fin ??? Finasteride is no cure, and it just sucks big time!! I don’t know if it were stumbled upon, however, ignoring the fact that internals may screw your health in the long run, finasteride works to some very poor extent and is uncomparable to what HM could possibly provide to baldness sufferers.

talkling about private companies showing proof … what interest could they have giving you, the general public, details about a procedure that’s still under developement and perfectible ? None. Would you use to show your customers we’re your at in a middle of a work when you intend to deliver them a commercial product ? I wouldn’t, Nobody would. What i would do, is teasing, show a litte nipple to make them salivate for the big booty to come. Guess what Intercytex and ARI are doing right now ?
However, Facts are : a) if you look at scientific conferences in the bioengineering field you’ll see that Intercytex, as well as ARI, are often present (as chairman, invited speakers, etc) to the big events. b) They are both engaged with their respective national validation products agencies (FDA in the US for ARI, MHRA in the UK for ICX) to test their product : basically, it means they HAVE SOMETHING TO PROPOSE. So, all in all, in one face of the token : hell yea baldness sucks big time and is depressing sometimes, but if you flip the token : you have two big companies engaged in a validation process to bring a new scientific treatement which can potentially give you unlimited hair. although waiting can be a frustration, it doesn’t mean that because the validation process is opaque to you nothing is happening. Everything is possible, but there is hope, and it doesn’t look too falsy to me if you look at all the elements. In the mean time, i suggest you try focusing on things that can be focused and improved in your personal life, it’s always better than getting depressed over baldness. Although i agree depression is not a choice, let’s not fall into it with this and feed the beast.

cheers

» » » How come “some” doctor would find a cure to hairloss by chance while
» » there
» » » are some companies spending their times 24/7 on the problem and still
» » » struggling to find a solution ?
» »
» » Well,didn’t that happen with Fin ? Man has been balding since he walked
» » this miserable planet.In all this time the companies working 24-7 to
» find
» » a cure haven’t found sh*t.Those who claim to wont provide any proof.
» » Fin’s ability to delay hairloss was stumbled upon.
»
» Fin ??? Finasteride is no cure, and it just sucks big time!! I don’t know
» if it were stumbled upon, however, ignoring the fact that internals may
» screw your health in the long run, finasteride works to some very poor
» extent and is uncomparable to what HM could possibly provide to baldness
» sufferers.
»
» talkling about private companies showing proof … what interest could
» they have giving you, the general public, details about a procedure that’s
» still under developement and perfectible ? None. Would you use to show your
» customers we’re your at in a middle of a work when you intend to deliver
» them a commercial product ? I wouldn’t, Nobody would. What i would do, is
» teasing, show a litte nipple to make them salivate for the big booty to
» come. Guess what Intercytex and ARI are doing right now ?
» However, Facts are : a) if you look at scientific conferences in the
» bioengineering field you’ll see that Intercytex, as well as ARI, are often
» present (as chairman, invited speakers, etc) to the big events. b) They are
» both engaged with their respective national validation products agencies
» (FDA in the US for ARI, MHRA in the UK for ICX) to test their product :
» basically, it means they HAVE SOMETHING TO PROPOSE. So, all in all, in one
» face of the token : hell yea baldness sucks big time and is depressing
» sometimes, but if you flip the token : you have two big companies engaged
» in a validation process to bring a new scientific treatement which can
» potentially give you unlimited hair. although waiting can be a
» frustration, it doesn’t mean that because the validation process is opaque
» to you nothing is happening. Everything is possible, but there is hope, and
» it doesn’t look too falsy to me if you look at all the elements. In the
» mean time, i suggest you try focusing on things that can be focused and
» improved in your personal life, it’s always better than getting depressed
» over baldness. Although i agree depression is not a choice, let’s not fall
» into it with this and feed the beast.
»
» cheers

its all just farts in the wind until it hits the market, you guys can speculate until the cows come home,