Who is the best doc out there?

Hi - I got an HT done 5 years back. After much research i found that Dr. Woods FUE technique was the best. I was very very happy with the results of my transplant. Now, I’m ready for another procedure, and unless much has changed, I will go for Dr. Woods again, though I’ll have to travel from US to Australia

I thought i’d check who is the best doc out there? Who is consistently showing the best results?

If you’re happy with you previous procedure and it’s held up for 5 years…I would return to the same Doctor.

Hello,

Are you going to do the rest of your hair or do have problems with the transplanted hairs??

I always thought that once hairs are transplanted correctly, they will last a lifetime.

Thanks

I wouldn’t let travel be too much of a concern when deciding upon your doctor. When I went to Dr. Armani in Toronto it was the first time I had ever been to Canada in my life!!

It’s great to hear you were happy from your first procedure. :slight_smile:

» Hello,
»
» Are you going to do the rest of your hair or do have problems with the
» transplanted hairs??
»
» I always thought that once hairs are transplanted correctly, they will
» last a lifetime.
»
» Thanks

Hi Mamoli - I didnt have any problems. Its just that i’ve lost hair and thinning is very apparent so I’m considering getting another procedure done. I stopped using propecia for a while leading upto (8 months)when my wife and I were trying to have a baby.

It seems that Dr. woods and alvi armani are both excellent options. Armani seems to be an expert in ‘designing’ hairlines. Some of his work does seem impressive. Dr. woods is a pioneer in FUE and I was very happy with him, so I’ll probably just go back to him.

Rahul

» Hi - I got an HT done 5 years back. After much research i found that Dr.
» Woods FUE technique was the best. I was very very happy with the results of
» my transplant. Now, I’m ready for another procedure, and unless much has
» changed, I will go for Dr. Woods again, though I’ll have to travel from US
» to Australia
»
» I thought i’d check who is the best doc out there? Who is consistently
» showing the best results?

How old were you when you had your first HT with Woods?

hey man I think that most will tell you that if you have the laxity for a megasession… Hasson&Wong. If you go for FUE again then i think you have allready been to the best in FUE

Will you start propecia again?Because if you do you might not need to go back for a procedure at all because you will propably return to your previous state before stopping it.

Also do you happen to have any photos of your transplant with propecia and photos of what happened after you stopped it?

Can you upload some pics?

Thank you all for your advice guys.

I was 29 when i got my first treatment done. I had a few pics but my comp crashed. I’ll have to look for some through old email now, and I’ll click some pics to hopefully give a good before and after picture.

» hey man I think that most will tell you that if you have the laxity for a
» megasession… Hasson&Wong. If you go for FUE again then i think you have
» allready been to the best in FUE
»
» Will you start propecia again?Because if you do you might not need to go
» back for a procedure at all because you will propably return to your
» previous state before stopping it.
»
» Also do you happen to have any photos of your transplant with propecia and
» photos of what happened after you stopped it?

Truthtales - Thanks for the HT recommendation.

Yes, i’m back on Propecia for over a month again (with minoxidil 5%). Lets see how it goes. My plan is to wait for another 3-4 months again as I understand that I should/shouldnt see effectiveness by then. If i get back to my ‘normal’ state I’d be happy, else I’d like to have a plan in place to take action on. I run a consulting firm and, unfortunately, appearance is very important to the work i do, so going from noticeably bald to a full head of hair may be an issue.

In my experience the difference has to be pretty obvious before it draws any real attention.

There are plenty of HT patients who have gotten whole Norwood levels reversed and their co-workers don’t catch on if the HT work is good. People will ask, “have you lost weight or something?” a lot more often than “did you change your hair?”

I’m happy that your procedure went well and that you are happy with it. For me personally going to Dr. Armani changed my life. In essence it brought me my life and confidence back. No matter what doctor you go to, if you can restore those feelings that doctor did a good job.

Hairtoday who else is on your list of doctors??

»
» Truthtales - Thanks for the HT recommendation.
»
» Yes, i’m back on Propecia for over a month again (with minoxidil 5%). Lets
» see how it goes. My plan is to wait for another 3-4 months again as I
» understand that I should/shouldnt see effectiveness by then. If i get back
» to my ‘normal’ state I’d be happy, else I’d like to have a plan in place to
» take action on. I run a consulting firm and, unfortunately, appearance is
» very important to the work i do, so going from noticeably bald to a full
» head of hair may be an issue.

Wise choice stay on propecia and minoxidil to see what happens first and then you plan accordingly. Keep your money and donor, dont rush in for a transplant and dont look for a doctor yet until you fully evaluate how you will respond to the drugs again.

From what i ve seen in these forums you went to one of the most ethical doctors in the planet, i bet if you ask him he will say the same thing.

» Hi - I got an HT done 5 years back. After much research i found that Dr.
» Woods FUE technique was the best. I was very very happy with the results of
» my transplant. Now, I’m ready for another procedure, and unless much has
» changed, I will go for Dr. Woods again, though I’ll have to travel from US
» to Australia
»
» I thought i’d check who is the best doc out there? Who is consistently
» showing the best results?

For me personally & this has allways been my feelings, Dr Armani CONSISTENTLY provides the best results… Just take a look at his website in particular & make up your own mind when comparing it to other websites…
In this business without meeting people in person, the next best proof you have is photos.

Dan

Hey HairToday,

I went with Dr. Armani in Canada (I live in New Jersey). I found his results to be consistently the best and the proof is available for you in person. In my opinion and from the research I did before my procedure, I honestly found Dr. Armani to be the best surgeon.

I say get a free consultation with whomever you chose and make sure you do your research.

Let us know how it turns out.

Gabriel

I would stick with Dr. Woods. I too am going back next month for more repair work. He has done wonders for me. I have had a lot of damage but have improved a great deal with him. I am very glad to be going back to someone who actually cares about the patient.

HI guys - thanks for all the advice; very helpful indeed. It re-affirmed my approach - stick to meds and IF and when i need to get HT I’ll probably consider woods or armani.

Good luck with fighting Hair Loss…