Whats so bad about beeing bald?

serious question. if icx and follica fail and no else company comes out with anything we all have to be bald or to become bald and be it for the rest of our lifes.

so better we learn to like baldness. i today imagined what will i do when im completley bald. well, i will shave then. i hope i will be in my thirties when im completly bald. its not that bad to be in your thirties and to be bald i think. well fuck if i go completley bald earlier then its shit but im 24 now and it will be not that many years until im 30.

so lets all hope icx or follica or any other company comes out with something the next few years and lets prepare to be bald for the rest of our lifes because it could happen.

its a two possibility situation. if something comes out great, if nothing comes out great too. see it this way. its only baldness. today a guy who is in skiing had a crash and he has to get his leg amputated. imagine this! im happy for having my two legs , arms and eyes and everything else. imagine , you have everything in your life to be happy. so enjoy it.

and why i posted it in the HM section and not in support group is because there is noone posting and hanginthere can post his shit in here too , so i can do that aswell.

» its not that bad to be in your thirties
» and to be bald i think. well fuck if i go completley bald earlier then its
» shit but im 24 now and it will be not that many years until im 30.

what will change when you’re thirty ? You’ll think : “its not that bad to be in your fourties and to be bald i think. well fuck if i go completley bald earlier then its shit but im 30 now and it will be not that many years until im 40.”

see what i mean ? I’ve been balding since 21 and will reach my 30 in a few months. Although baldness isn’t too much of my primary concerns those days really, i still don’t wanna go bald. It sucks, just like aging sucks.

» » its not that bad to be in your thirties
» » and to be bald i think. well fuck if i go completley bald earlier then
» its
» » shit but im 24 now and it will be not that many years until im 30.
»
» what will change when you’re thirty ? You’ll think : “its not that bad to
» be in your fourties and to be bald i think. well fuck if i go completley
» bald earlier then its shit but im 30 now and it will be not that many
» years until im 40.”
»
» see what i mean ? I’ve been balding since 21 and will reach my 30 in a few
» months. Although baldness isn’t too much of my primary concerns those days
» really, i still don’t wanna go bald. It sucks, just like aging sucks.

i know it sux but if your thirty then baldness is - in a way - normal for your age. well i got a baby face and baldness wouldnt match this. but i assume that i wont have this anymore when im over 30.

well anyway i know it sux at any age. i dont remember his nickname but one guy on this forum is nearly 60 and he still cares so much about his baldness. i really hope i wont be like this when im 60 and nothing against baldness has come out until then. this would really suck.

maybe its an illusion and i only hope that when im 30 i will accept it more than now.

what really sux about all this research is that you dont know if it will come out or not. if it only was that you knew …like 2015 baldness will be cured.

but we dont know. so you have to prepare for both situation.

i think baldness is the harder the earlier you get it and the earlier you get it the longer you hate it.

i got baldness at 18,5 and it really started to suck at 20. so i know what its like to start balding early.

are you completley bald or is it only thinning hair ?

» serious question. if icx and follica fail and no else company comes out
» with anything we all have to be bald or to become bald and be it for the
» rest of our lifes.
»
» so better we learn to like baldness. i today imagined what will i do when
» im completley bald. well, i will shave then. i hope i will be in my
» thirties when im completly bald. its not that bad to be in your thirties
» and to be bald i think. well fuck if i go completley bald earlier then its
» shit but im 24 now and it will be not that many years until im 30.

Great attitude. Good luck!

Here’s a saying.

If you can keep your calm when all around you are panicking then …

maybe you just haven’t understood how bad the situation is:-P :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, you are right of cause.

The reason why we are so obsessed with hair loss and aging is because we are continually told that aging is bad and that you should fight it.

Then we go to hair loss websites and read news articles that say we have a choice whether or not we go bald because of marginally effective drugs like rogaine and propecia. This just further makes us feel that we should fight it and that going bald is bad. Other people who are not bald also gain more of a negative attitude towards hair loss.

Another thing… if this was a different time we would be worried about survival and feeding our families and staying alive! Our priorities have changed so much and are so ffffucked up now that a main goal is to look young and deny the natural inevitable process of aging… and we bitch about it and feel as though we are helpless victims of our genetics.

Pumping fears of aging into people has created a multi-trillion dollar industry that preys on people… people like us!

Baldness has always bothered some people… but the extent and degree is much higher now.

Our generation feels that we are entitled to having different genetics than we are born with.

we are pretty weak and soft. we no longer take the cards we are dealt and make the most of it.

I mean I am with your guys, I am complaining too… i don’t want this… but seriously we are pathetic.

» i know it sux but if your thirty then baldness is - in a way - normal for
» your age. well i got a baby face and baldness wouldnt match this. but i
» assume that i wont have this anymore when im over 30.

baldness rarely match any face, unless you’re famous, rich, or the both. I have a rather “male” face and i look ten times hotter with hair. I shave it to 1mm so i still look decent alhtough i’m norwood 5. I would still shave it to 1mm if i had hair anyway, but there is a real difference between a shaved bald head and a shaved haired head.

» well anyway i know it sux at any age. i dont remember his nickname but one
» guy on this forum is nearly 60 and he still cares so much about his
» baldness. i really hope i wont be like this when im 60 and nothing against
» baldness has come out until then. this would really suck.

Everybody has its own priorities i guess. 30 can still fairly be considered as “young”. i think it sucks being bald when physics plays a major role in seduction, that’s my conclusion.

» The reason why we are so obsessed with hair loss and aging is because we
» are continually told that aging is bad and that you should fight it.

aging is bad and we cannot fight it :stuck_out_tongue:

» » serious question. if icx and follica fail and no else company comes out
» » with anything we all have to be bald or to become bald and be it for
» the
» » rest of our lifes.
» »
» » so better we learn to like baldness. i today imagined what will i do
» when
» » im completley bald. well, i will shave then. i hope i will be in my
» » thirties when im completly bald. its not that bad to be in your
» thirties
» » and to be bald i think. well fuck if i go completley bald earlier then
» its
» » shit but im 24 now and it will be not that many years until im 30.
»
»
» Great attitude. Good luck!
»
» Here’s a saying.
»
» If you can keep your calm when all around you are panicking then
» …
»
» maybe you just haven’t understood how bad the situation is:-P :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:
»
» Seriously, you are right of cause.

:smiley:

maybe i should try to panick. but really, when you see things like what happened to this ski guy, then you realize how good you have it.

the good thing on baldness is , you can accept it and you can live a happy life with baldness. thats why so many people who arent bald or balding dont understand how guys suffer from baldness.

there are so many guys with baldness out there who live a happy life and dont worry about baldness…if they can make it, everyone can make it.

its like stop smoking. its in your hands to stop it. and there are so many people who stop smoking. so many stupid people , weak people, they all stop smoking. everyone can make it. but some just dont do it.

debris said something like this in another thread. you have three choices. be happy, be unhappy or kill yourself. which one do you want to choose?

this are the choices now…maybe in some years there is fourth… maybe, just maybe. this is what hangingthere tells us all the time.

» » The reason why we are so obsessed with hair loss and aging is because we
» » are continually told that aging is bad and that you should fight it.
»
» aging is bad and we cannot fight it :stuck_out_tongue:

one good thing about aging is that everyone does age. but not everyone does go bald. maybe thats why we worry so much about baldness and want to change it?

Ok let’s get things in perspective here. There are people who look ok bald. Not great but ok. And there are people who look ridiculous without hair. Facial features, bone structure and head shape and size make all the difference.

Everybody is entitled to have his/her own idea about the way hair loss affects the way we look. It is a fact though that there are people who look really odd without hair. In this particular case hair loss might be compared to an handicap. And I mean this.

I don’t think of myself as a self obssesed kind of guy. I just wantt to look normal again. That’s all. So if you are fortunate enough to have a male looking face (like fatal evolution) just get on with it.

However if your looks have been devastated to the point of looking odd, funny or whathever you have every right to be on this board and hope for a cure.

Many of you will now say that it’s all about confidence. Right. Well let me tell you aobut confidence my friends. Self confidence doesn’t come cheap. It has to be built and nortured bit by bit through personal experience.

When the range and quality of your social interactions is severely limited by hair loss how do you go about it?

No matter how funny, entertaining, witty and educated you might be first impressions do count. When you look ugly because of hairloss it’s hard to exude confidence.

» » » The reason why we are so obsessed with hair loss and aging is because
» we
» » » are continually told that aging is bad and that you should fight it.
» »
» » aging is bad and we cannot fight it :stuck_out_tongue:
»
» one good thing about aging is that everyone does age. but not everyone
» does go bald. maybe thats why we worry so much about baldness and want to
» change it?

Aging aside, bald people don’t look good. Some can pull it off, but very few can. Most have oddly-shaped heads or other subtle malformaties that aren’t readily apparent because hair adds another dimension to the overall esthetic. Once the hair is gone, your ears look funny, or your nose looks odd, asymmetry is accentuated, etc. Study after study has shown that the brain is wired to look for certain visual cues in the face, and that a lack of hair is one of those cues that indicates unattractiveness.

You can say what you like - “get use to it”, “Bruce Willis looks good”, and other such platitudes - but the fact is baldness is disfiguring, and that’s why most people don’t want to be bald.

» » » » The reason why we are so obsessed with hair loss and aging is
» because
» » we
» » » » are continually told that aging is bad and that you should fight
» it.
» » »
» » » aging is bad and we cannot fight it :stuck_out_tongue:
» »
» » one good thing about aging is that everyone does age. but not everyone
» » does go bald. maybe thats why we worry so much about baldness and want
» to
» » change it?
»
» Aging aside, bald people don’t look good. Some can pull it off, but very
» few can. Most have oddly-shaped heads or other subtle malformaties that
» aren’t readily apparent because hair adds another dimension to the overall
» esthetic. Once the hair is gone, your ears look funny, or your nose looks
» odd, asymmetry is accentuated, etc. Study after study has shown that the
» brain is wired to look for certain visual cues in the face, and that a
» lack of hair is one of those cues that indicates unattractiveness.
»
» You can say what you like - “get use to it”, “Bruce Willis looks good”,
» and other such platitudes - but the fact is baldness is disfiguring, and
» that’s why most people don’t want to be bald.

well, i dont want to disagree with you, but isnt it a bit imagination too? you can imagine that you look odd and not good without hair. i bet its not that though for you. and even if you look odd. then just fuck it. you are special. every human being is special.

» Ok let’s get things in perspective here. There are people who look ok bald.
» Not great but ok. And there are people who look ridiculous without hair.
» Facial features, bone structure and head shape and size make all the
» difference.
»
»
» Everybody is entitled to have his/her own idea about the way hair loss
» affects the way we look. It is a fact though that there are people who
» look really odd without hair. In this particular case hair loss might be
» compared to an handicap. And I mean this.
»
» I don’t think of myself as a self obssesed kind of guy. I just wantt to
» look normal again. That’s all. So if you are fortunate enough to have a
» male looking face (like fatal evolution) just get on with it.
»
» However if your looks have been devastated to the point of looking odd,
» funny or whathever you have every right to be on this board and hope for a
» cure.
»
»
» Many of you will now say that it’s all about confidence. Right. Well let
» me tell you aobut confidence my friends. Self confidence doesn’t come
» cheap. It has to be built and nortured bit by bit through personal
» experience.
»
» When the range and quality of your social interactions is severely limited
» by hair loss how do you go about it?
»
» No matter how funny, entertaining, witty and educated you might be first
» impressions do count. When you look ugly because of hairloss it’s hard to
» exude confidence.

true. when you look worse coz of hairloss your confidence decreases too. try to get confidence from other things.

Im dissapointed that the HM forum gets gummed up with things like existential questions on living as a bald man, and hangin’s arguments with others etc…

Cant we just discuss HM and other technologies in a scientific fashion?

» Im dissapointed that the HM forum gets gummed up with things like
» existential questions on living as a bald man, and hangin’s arguments with
» others etc…
»
»
»
» Cant we just discuss HM and other technologies in a scientific fashion?

Hear Hear! What a bunch of juvenile, drama-whoring fluff we have on the forum. Why aren’t there mods?

» well, i dont want to disagree with you, but isnt it a bit imagination too?
» you can imagine that you look odd and not good without hair. i bet its not
» that though for you. and even if you look odd. then just fuck it. you are
» special. every human being is special.

You guys who say “fuck it” aren’t being realistic. There has been numerous, reputable studies that suggest appearance has a major effect on your quality of life. And I’m not talking about getting laid. Appearance will determine you job, whether or not and how frequently you get a raise, the quality of service you receive - it goes on and on. As for being bald, I’m not bald. I’m a NW1.5-2, so I don’t know how I would look bald. But I do know how other people look bald, and the vast majority of them look very odd. So there’s no self-esteem bias in my estimation of a bald appearance. Adopting a “devil-may-care” attitude towards baldness is like telling someone with cleft pallet to get over it.

» Im dissapointed that the HM forum gets gummed up with things like
» existential questions on living as a bald man, and hangin’s arguments with
» others etc…
»
»
»
» Cant we just discuss HM and other technologies in a scientific fashion?

I couldn’t agree more. The owner of this forum does a really poor job of moderating. First Maneless, then Hangin. Its almost impossible to find decent info here. Someone listed another forum for bald discussion. I chcekced it out, and it was far superior. I’ve forgotten the name, however, and now I can’t find it again.

» » well, i dont want to disagree with you, but isnt it a bit imagination
» too?
» » you can imagine that you look odd and not good without hair. i bet its
» not
» » that though for you. and even if you look odd. then just fuck it. you
» are
» » special. every human being is special.
»
» You guys who say “fuck it” aren’t being realistic. There has been
» numerous, reputable studies that suggest appearance has a major effect on
» your quality of life. And I’m not talking about getting laid. Appearance
» will determine you job, whether or not and how frequently you get a raise,
» the quality of service you receive - it goes on and on. As for being
» bald, I’m not bald. I’m a NW1.5-2, so I don’t know how I would look bald.
» But I do know how other people look bald, and the vast majority of them
» look very odd. So there’s no self-esteem bias in my estimation of a bald
» appearance. Adopting a “devil-may-care” attitude towards baldness is like
» telling someone with cleft pallet to get over it.

I shave what hair I have,all it does is make me look a right hard bastard,this is not the look I like.I sell ladies fashion.I want them to buy off me,not be scared to approach.

If I was a night club doorman it would be a great look,but I’m not and wouldn’t want to be.

Dressing fashionable helps to take the rough look away,I’ve also started going swimming quite a few times a week to keep trim,this all helps to give a better appearance,especially as I’m now 43 years old,selling to a younger people!

In my job I’d be better suited with hair,even if since I started shaving my hair off I’ve had quite a few comments that it takes years off,what they are really saying is that a thinning/balding head make people look older!

Is this the point you was trying to make?

» » Im dissapointed that the HM forum gets gummed up with things like
» » existential questions on living as a bald man, and hangin’s arguments
» with
» » others etc…
» »
» »
» »
» » Cant we just discuss HM and other technologies in a scientific fashion?
»
» I couldn’t agree more. The owner of this forum does a really poor job of
» moderating. First Maneless, then Hangin. Its almost impossible to find
» decent info here. Someone listed another forum for bald discussion. I
» chcekced it out, and it was far superior. I’ve forgotten the name,
» however, and now I can’t find it again.

There’s not a lot to talk about at present,hopefully on the 18th of March we’ll have more to talk about!

» » Im dissapointed that the HM forum gets gummed up with things like
» » existential questions on living as a bald man, and hangin’s arguments
» with
» » others etc…
» »
» »
» »
» » Cant we just discuss HM and other technologies in a scientific fashion?
»
» I couldn’t agree more. The owner of this forum does a really poor job of
» moderating. First Maneless, then Hangin. Its almost impossible to find
» decent info here. Someone listed another forum for bald discussion. I
» chcekced it out, and it was far superior. I’ve forgotten the name,
» however, and now I can’t find it again.

come on guys, im just trying to get some life into this forum. nothing going on in the HM-scene at the moment.