What % of your time do you think of your hair loss

every day and nite, every time I look at the mirror

» every day and nite, every time I look at the mirror

To the older guys here, do you think less about your hair as you get older?

» » every day and nite, every time I look at the mirror
»
» To the older guys here, do you think less about your hair as you get
» older?

I’m 27. About 2 month ago when i had longer hair (maybe 10cm or even longer) i worried a lot about my hair loss. It wasn’t cool to go outside at all because wind blew your thin long hair always to different directions and if you saw reflection about this on the class then it was really awful. I don’t have great hairline and top of my head (mostly frontal part) is thin at the moment. I stressed a lot because of this.

I actually never haven’t had great hairline. I think my hairline has always been between Norwood 2 or 3. So, it’s not cool (i wanna be between NW 1-2). But about whole year (age 26-27) i had excessive hairloss and i was already in panic. I lost every day a lot of hair on my top and now it’s quite thin.

About 2 months ago i decided it’s enough to me. I purchased ANDIS clipper ( Shopping Online at Shopping.com | Price Comparison Site ) and cut my hair 0,8-1mm (the shortest what clipper enabled). I never haven’t had so short hair and i afraid how I’m going to look a like (like i said before i have had 27 years long hair). And surprise, it wasn’t so bad at all :slight_smile: After cutting my hair short i don’t worry about my hair loss so much anymore. I think it’s a lot easier to take care of your shorter hair (my longer hair went so greasy after 1-2 days and they looked like a crap and my scalp was very visible because of greasy hair) and i don’t stress about my hair loss so much anymore (it doesn’t mean that i don’t think about my hair loss at all - i still wanna fix my current situation with FUE to be NW 1 or 2). Unfortunately my new clipper died after 2 using (on/off button doesn’t work anymore) and my hair are at the moment about 1,5 cm long. Need to get new clipper to trim them again.

btw… I don’t know did i lose my hair during 2009-2010 because of stress or it is mpb (my father (56) and my uncle (49) are loosing their hair too at the moment - this is the reason why i afraid i might have mpb). year 2007-2008 was really stressful (a lot of work and a little time to sleep) and maybe year 2009-2010 i lost a lot of hair because of this. after cutting my hair very short 2 months ago and now having hair about 1,5cm i don’t see that new hair falling out if i touch them with my hand or sliding fingers through my hair and a little bit pulling them out (but maybe my hair are just too short and because of this i don’t see excessive hair loss anymore). I hope it is a good sign. I hope some hair what i have lost during that time grow back again. I try not to stress anymore and i try to be more positive because if you think positive then everything might happen :slight_smile:

I encourage people who has always had longer hair and who afraid to cut your hair really short. Your life would be much easier and you don’t stress so much anymore with shorter hair. And if you decide to have HT then do only FUE because then you still have possibility to shave your hair if you loose some hair the future (mpb is progressive like we all know).

btw… I don’t use propecia, minoxidil or any other medicines. I don’t wanna be addicted during my whole life by them. Now i don’t see that i have excessive hair loss anymore and i think if i started to use for example propecia i would think now that this crap stopped my hairloss and i probably would be using it whole of my life. Actually it stopped (i hope it stopped) in itself. It took year or a little bit more but seems my hair loss is stabilized now. Maybe beginning of the next year i’m gonna have FUE too to get nice hairline and to fix top of my head.

» » every day and nite, every time I look at the mirror
»
» To the older guys here, do you think less about your hair as you get
» older?

no. more.