What is your definiton of "effective" for HM?

What would you consider a sucessful result of HM? NW7 to NW0? Or would being able to progress 1 or 2 rungs up the NW ladder be a result you’d be happy with? How do you define success?

» What would you consider a sucessful result of HM? NW7 to NW0? Or would
» being able to progress 1 or 2 rungs up the NW ladder be a result you’d be
» happy with? How do you define success?

In my opinion, cosmetically acceptable hair (same color, thickness, direction, characteristics) being produced consistantly would be deamed sucessful. I know the procedure wont be able to bring a nw7 to a nw0 as that is unrealistic. However repeat procedures should be possible. Lets hope for good news next month :slight_smile:

Cosmetically Acceptable – exactly what minitor said earlier.
DHT Resistant – no lifelong dependence on drugs/ regimens.
Consistent Results – so you can have repeated treatments until you reach your desired results.
Stand-Alone – performed without HT, or with limited use of FUE to sculpt the hairline per patients request.

I’m NW6…if it can get me to NW3-4, I’d be content with it for few years. NW6 is just horrible, anything is better than this!

1. 100% cosmetically normal hairs. (And that really means 100%.)

2. As DHT-resistant as the donor hair

3. Consistent enough that everyone is guaranteed at least some visible improvement.

4. Requires a reasonably small donor skin sample each time.

5. First generation HM works well enough to supply the equivalent of several thousand grafts over the whole head, with the understanding that future progress will eventually make it stand-alone.

» What would you consider a sucessful result of HM?

this is a success

before HM:

after HM:

dht resistant,
stable hair growth
normal looking hair
good enough to make very noticeable difference (== better then rogaine + propecia)

does not have to be supplemented with hair transplant

cosmetically acceptable

my expectations are low, but Cosmetically Acceptable with unlimited donor multiplication. you know, what they USED to say it would do before they switched it up and said it’d be best for top-ups and in conjunction with HT’s.

being able to put your hair in a pony tail!

» » What would you consider a sucessful result of HM? NW7 to NW0? Or would
» » being able to progress 1 or 2 rungs up the NW ladder be a result you’d
» be
» » happy with? How do you define success?
»
» being able to put your hair in a pony tail!

I’d be happy with a full looking NW3,instead of a thinning one.A NW0/1 might just look stupid on me.I have not had that for over 25 years now,last time I had a full head of hair was when I was 17,thats also the year the dreaded curse started,too!

It has to be better than Rogaine and Propecia combined.

» » » What would you consider a sucessful result of HM? NW7 to NW0? Or
» would
» » » being able to progress 1 or 2 rungs up the NW ladder be a result
» you’d
» » be
» » » happy with? How do you define success?
» »
» » being able to put your hair in a pony tail!
»
» I’d be happy with a full looking NW3,instead of a thinning one.A NW0/1
» might just look stupid on me.I have not had that for over 25 years
» now,last time I had a full head of hair was when I was 17,thats also the
» year the dreaded curse started,too!

what NW are you now? just get a FUE/HT and call it a day.

» » » » What would you consider a sucessful result of HM? NW7 to NW0? Or
» » would
» » » » being able to progress 1 or 2 rungs up the NW ladder be a result
» » you’d
» » » be
» » » » happy with? How do you define success?
» » »
» » » being able to put your hair in a pony tail!
» »
» » I’d be happy with a full looking NW3,instead of a thinning one.A NW0/1
» » might just look stupid on me.I have not had that for over 25 years
» » now,last time I had a full head of hair was when I was 17,thats also
» the
» » year the dreaded curse started,too!
»
» what NW are you now? just get a FUE/HT and call it a day.

yeah if it took 25 years to get 3 norwoods, then just get fue and you’re fine cheaper.

» » » » » What would you consider a sucessful result of HM? NW7 to NW0? Or
» » » would
» » » » » being able to progress 1 or 2 rungs up the NW ladder be a result
» » » you’d
» » » » be
» » » » » happy with? How do you define success?
» » » »
» » » » being able to put your hair in a pony tail!
» » »
» » » I’d be happy with a full looking NW3,instead of a thinning one.A
» NW0/1
» » » might just look stupid on me.I have not had that for over 25 years
» » » now,last time I had a full head of hair was when I was 17,thats also
» » the
» » » year the dreaded curse started,too!
» »
» » what NW are you now? just get a FUE/HT and call it a day.
»
» yeah if it took 25 years to get 3 norwoods, then just get fue and you’re
» fine cheaper.

Yes I agree.I have seen some great FUE results on here recently,which if HM doesn’t come out soon or if it looks like it’ll never happen,I might just get the balls to have a FUE transpant.I would never go for a strip,as I shave my hair off at present,so I know I can carry that off in the future if hairloss got worse,as I really would not want to chase hair.

I’ve a very thinning NW3,perhaps NW4.I have no bald patch on top.I do have a little more loss on front due to motor accident.I’ve got slight scar there,not that you’d notice.I started taking propecia and got a bit of regrowth there,but its still thinner than the rest.Which I hate!

ROLL ON HM!

Theoretically, if it works to advance you up a few rungs, you can get more treatments and advance up all the way. What matters here is how much time and cost will be involved in doing that.

The main crux of the problem is that not all people will get the same response rate. So let’s say you get HM, and it leads to patchy results. You need 10 one thousand injection treatments over a small area to get an even look and advance yourself up 1 rung. Meanwhile Larry down the street advances 3 rungs with 7 one thousand injection treatments. And poor ol’ Joe, gets 1 treatment, has poor results, and turns to HT and Propecia.

A successful result of HM will be if your particular result beats HT in whatever measures are important to you.

HM will turn one viable hair follicle into more than one. Everything else pales in the distance compared to that.

If we’re gonna start trying to feel like we’re getting our money’s worth out of HM, then good luck everyone.

“Getting your money’s worth” is when you don’t get screwed by genetics and lose all your hair in the prime years of your life. We all got screwed royally in the first place no matter how much or little HM & HTs cost.

I’m not gonna bother to get too indignant about the details of the repair bill for this problem. Just read me the total as soon as science is able to do SOMETHING real for me, and I’ll start writing the check. It’s not that money doesn’t matter, it’s just that I know I’ve already lost in the big picture and I just wanna get the issue fixed & forget about it.

I don’t give a f*ck if I have to go back for a dozen sessions with ICX and get ripped off every time. I’ll combine HM and traditional HTs, continue preventative meds, whatever.

Just gimme the results I really want.

cal
HM will turn one viable hair follicle into more than one. Everything else pales in the distance compared to that.

If we’re gonna start trying to feel like we’re getting our money’s worth out of HM, then good luck everyone.

“Getting your money’s worth” is when you don’t get screwed by genetics and lose all your hair in the prime years of your life. We all got screwed royally in the first place no matter how much or little HM & HTs cost.

I’m not gonna bother to get too indignant about the details of the repair bill for this problem. Just read me the total as soon as science is able to do SOMETHING real for me, and I’ll start writing the check. It’s not that money doesn’t matter, it’s just that I know I’ve already lost in the big picture and I just wanna get the issue fixed & forget about it.

I don’t give a f*ck if I have to go back for a dozen sessions with ICX and get ripped off every time. I’ll combine HM and traditional HTs, continue preventative meds, whatever.

Just gimme the results I really want.

I wouldn’t call hairloss “getting screwed royally”. More than 5/10 men and 3/10 women lose hair; you’re not part of some infinitesimal minority. Moreso, it’s not blindness; it’s not cancer, it’s not a missing limb; it’s not something so rare no one’s bothering to research a cure.

Hairloss sucks super bad, but at least it’s common enough to put it above the entrepreneurial radar. There’s tons of money to be made off affordable and effective treatments – now more than ever because the average consumer has become far more savvy. Gone are the days a Bosley commercial would suffice you to open your chequebook; you can check their violations within minutes thanks to the Internet. Moreso, your requests for a better treatment can be read online, and used to encourage research.

I won’t deny I wish we had a cure yesterday, but at least we’re finally starting to see legitimate progress. Now let’s cross our fingers we’ll see something rudimentary sooner than later…

Baldness affects barely half of men out there at all.

And when you’ve grown up in a family that doesn’t have another hair-losing member of ANY age . . . well . . . getting a visibly receeded hairline before I had a drivers license kinda made me feel a little ripped off.