What do I need to know about Fluridil (Eucapil)?

Am on the Big 3 plus PTO shampoo, MSM, fish oils, vitamins etc, but have been losing ground recently so have ordered some Fluridil.

Is there anything I need to know re: potential sides? Can I expect a shed with it?

Thanks.

Fluridil, a rationally designed topical agent for androgenetic alopecia: first clinical experience.

Dermatol Surg. 2002 Aug;28(8):678-85

BACKGROUND:
Fluridil, a novel topical antiandrogen, suppresses the human androgen receptor. While highly hydrophobic and hydrolytically degradable, it is systemically nonresorbable. In animals, fluridil demonstrated high local and general tolerance.

OBJECTIVE:
To evaluate the safety and efficacy of a topical anti- androgen, fluridil, in male androgenetic alopecia. METHODS: In 20 men, for 21 days, occlusive forearm patches with 2, 4, and 6% fluridil, isopropanol, and/or vaseline were applied. In 43 men with androgenetic alopecia (AGA), Norwood grade II-Va, 2% fluridil was evaluated in a double-blind, placebo-controlled study after 3 months clinically by phototrichograms, hematology, and blood chemistry including analysis for fluridil, and at 9 months by phototrichograms.

RESULTS:
Neither fluridil nor isopropanol showed sensitization/irritation potential, unlike vaseline. In all AGA subjects, baseline anagen/telogen counts were equal. After 3 months, the average anagen percentage did not change in placebo subjects, but increased in fluridil subjects from 76% to 85%, and at 9 months to 87%. In former placebo subjects, fluridil increased the anagen percentage after 6 months from 76% to 85%. Sexual functions, libido, hematology, and blood chemistry values were normal throughout, except that at 3 months, in the spring, serum testosterone increased within the normal range equally in placebo and fluridil groups. No fluridil or its decomposition product, BP-34, was detectable in the serum at 0, 3, or 90 days.

CONCLUSION:
Topical fluridil is nonirritating, nonsensitizing, nonresorbable, devoid of systemic activity, and anagen promoting after daily use in most AGA males.