Vitamin D3

» Why You Need More Vitamin D. A Lot More.
»
» by William B. Grant, Ph.D.
»

Absolutely. Most people do not understand the importance of Vitamin D and its affects on the human body. 80%+ of the population is Vitamin D deficient because of a variety of reasons. Fact is, a Vitamin deficiency of this kind of importance will lead to a variety of symptoms - one being potential hair loss or poor hair growth.

Nice of you to post this, Robdan. It just may help me, new hairs not even half grown have shed for last year or so. Diagnosed with telogen effluvium, I think an umbrella term for ‘we don’t know why it’s coming out, but it may grow back for some’. Anyway, unrelated, I recently had some tests done, one of them was vit D and it was borderline low. So hey, thanks for this, I’ll give it a try.

Apparently, some hair loss is recovered by topical vit d. You ever try topical application? Anyone?

Thanks again, Robdan

Any updates Robdan? How is your hair these days?

Maybe your hair loss is directly related to a low content of calciferol, so it worked very well on you. Someone is also taking or have had a similar result?

ps. I’ve already bought (5,ooo UI), just waiting the package.

» » » I really don’t care whether you believe me or not. All I know is that
» » for
» » » about the price of $8.00, somewhere between 5% - 10 % of my hair that
» » was
» » » gone for many years has come back so far. Worst case scenario of
» giving
» » it
» » » a try, is that your general health would probably improve.
» »
» » Hi,
» » what brand of Vit D3 gelcaps did you use.
» »
» » Is it sold online?
»
» Weber Natural Liquid drops or Weber Gel Caps - 6,000 IU’s per day. Been
» doing it for a year now, with continuous hair recovery. Other option that
» I have used are Jamison D3 gel caps.

A lot of people are so skeptical about an herb working as well as a pharmaceutical. Why is that? Why is something necessarily more potent because it was created in a lab. It’s like they think that people on the natural side actually believe that their supplements operate via magic.

Ever consider that a natural supplement might just be causing a biochemical reaction inside your body in the EXACT same way a pharmaceutical would? Maybe it is stimulating the same gland to release the same hormone, maybe it is creating the same impulse to travel down the same axon and release the same neurotransmitters into the same receptors to cause the same result. The physiology could be identical inside, and a lot just assume the nature is garbage.

Personally, this tumeric/curcumin routine has stopped my shedding, something I was never able to do 5 years on Propecia (which I don’t take anymore, even though I don’t shed anymore either).

» Any updates Robdan? How is your hair these days?

Since this past February the six inch diameter bald spot on the crown of my head is down to approximately three and a half inches in diameter. Not that it is all densely populated but going in the right direction. Temples are filling in but at a slower pace. Big difference on the hair around my neckline. There was about a two and a half inch strip across the neckline that was like peach fuzz, but now about forty percent is now thick and full and the rest is thickening up quickly. I figure at this pace, I’m probably still looking at about another couple of years until it is all back, if the present pace continues.

I’m afraid its all hear say unless you have before & after pictures well documented.

I can’t tell you the number of time I’ve run into guys who have convinced themselves they were growing tons of hair when in fact they were growing nothing.

Can you post a picture right now of your head please.

» » Any updates Robdan? How is your hair these days?
»
» Since this past February the six inch diameter bald spot on the crown of my
» head is down to approximately three and a half inches in diameter. Not
» that it is all densely populated but going in the right direction. Temples
» are filling in but at a slower pace. Big difference on the hair around my
» neckline. There was about a two and a half inch strip across the neckline
» that was like peach fuzz, but now about forty percent is now thick and full
» and the rest is thickening up quickly. I figure at this pace, I’m probably
» still looking at about another couple of years until it is all back, if the
» present pace continues.

Here are more reports like yours

http://vitamind3blog.com/2011/02/vitamin-d-deficiency-hair-los/

Thanks for the update Robdan, and I hope that your success continues.

Very informative. Thank you!

» Very informative. Thank you!

Get lost you stupid know it all ass hole. LOL!!! ol ol ol

Perhaps, you didn’t get the memo. HanginInThere has been banned.

And you are next.

» » :yes:
»
» I hope you are through crying and throwing a tantrum and begging the
» moddies to protect you
»
» probably not:clap: :lol2:
»

I see that Hangin is still a dou-che.

Yeah Hogan, fortunately he is longer with us: BAN. His forum behavior finally caught up with him.

Vitamin D3 analogs stimulate hair growth in nude mice.

Vegesna V, O’Kelly J, Uskokovic M, Said J, Lemp N, Saitoh T, Ikezoe T, Binderup L, Koeffler HP.

Source

Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/University of California Los Angeles School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA.

Abstract

The active form of vitamin D3 can regulate epidermal keratinization by inducing terminal differentiation; and mice lacking the vitamin D receptor display defects leading to postnatal alopecia. These observations implicate the vitamin D3 pathway in regulation of hair growth. We tested the ability of 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D3 and its synthetic analogs to stimulate hair growth in biege/nude/xid (BNX) nu/nu (nude) mice exhibiting congenital alopecia. Nude mice were treated with different vitamin D3 analogs at doses that we had previously found to be the highest dose without inducing toxicity (hypercalcemia). The mice were monitored for hair growth and were scored according to a defined scale. Skin samples were taken for histological observation of hair follicles and for extraction of RNA and protein. Vitamin D3 analogs dramatically stimulated the hair growth of nude mice, although parental 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D3 had no effect. Hair growth occurred in a cyclical pattern, accompanied by formation of normal hair follicles and increased expression of certain keratins (Ha7, Ha8, and Hb3). Vitamin D3 analogs seem to act on keratinocytes to initiate hair follicle cycling and stimulate hair growth in mice that otherwise do not grow hair.

» Vitamin D3 analogs stimulate hair growth in nude mice.
»
» Vegesna V, O’Kelly J, Uskokovic M, Said J, Lemp N, Saitoh T, Ikezoe T,
» Binderup L, Koeffler HP.
»
»
» Source
»
» Cedars-Sinai Medical Center/University of California Los Angeles School of
» Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA.
»
»
» Abstract
»
» The active form of vitamin D3 can regulate epidermal keratinization by
» inducing terminal differentiation; and mice lacking the vitamin D receptor
» display defects leading to postnatal alopecia. These observations implicate
» the vitamin D3 pathway in regulation of hair growth. We tested the ability
» of 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D3 and its synthetic analogs to stimulate hair
» growth in biege/nude/xid (BNX) nu/nu (nude) mice exhibiting congenital
» alopecia. Nude mice were treated with different vitamin D3 analogs at doses
» that we had previously found to be the highest dose without inducing
» toxicity (hypercalcemia). The mice were monitored for hair growth and were
» scored according to a defined scale. Skin samples were taken for
» histological observation of hair follicles and for extraction of RNA and
» protein. Vitamin D3 analogs dramatically stimulated the hair growth of nude
» mice, although parental 1,25 dihydroxyvitamin D3 had no effect. Hair growth
» occurred in a cyclical pattern, accompanied by formation of normal hair
» follicles and increased expression of certain keratins (Ha7, Ha8, and Hb3).
» Vitamin D3 analogs seem to act on keratinocytes to initiate hair follicle
» cycling and stimulate hair growth in mice that otherwise do not grow hair.

Since our bodies make Vitamin D from sunlight, it’s possible that our bodies might have evolved a mechanism to thin our hair in response to low levels of Vitamin D, to allow more sunlight to reach the scalp, thereby allowing the body to create more Vitamin D from the additional sunlight.

So it might not be so much that more D increases hair growth, as that less D decreases hair growth.

This would fit the fact that our hair grows faster in summer than in winter–because in winter we get less sunlight (especially true for those of us whose ancestors evolved north or south of the equator).

I always figuted the need to produce D from sunlight is why northern races tend to have light hair, while the need to protect the skin from cancer is why southern races tend to have dark hair (same with skin color: northern races fair skin, southern races dark skin).

If this is true, then taking or allowing the body to make more Vitamin D would not cure or counteract male pattern baldness. But doing so would restore any thinning that might result from Vitamin D deficiency.

Currently there is growing debate concerning how much D our bodies need, and evidence is growing that people living in industrial societies are mostly D deficient, even when the D in their bodies equals current recommended levels.

The growing view is that what has been considered an adequate level of D is way too low.

» Yeah Hogan, fortunately he is longer with us: BAN. His forum behavior
» finally caught up with him.

Really? I must be a ghost then,
you crybaby

Continue bickering with members here, and your behaviour will be brought to the attention of the moderator.

You will be banned and all of your posts will be removed, just like Cole Kutz.

Contribute to the forum, and stop instigating fights.

» The growing view is that what has been considered an adequate level of D is
» way too low.

I agree, especially during the winter months.

» Continue bickering with members here, and your behaviour will be brought to
» the attention of the moderator.
»
» You will be banned and all of your posts will be removed, just like Cole
» Kutz.
»
» Contribute to the forum, and stop instigating fights.

Ya you never instigate or participate in fights, all your posts are just wonderful info

shall I post some of your ramblings?

Cole Kutz? Banned? He is not banned you idiot
Cole Kutz Posts removed?

They sure didnt do a very good job I can find one of his posts several posts above this one.