Video clips from 18745 graft SFET-Endhairpiece

» Then how do you draw your conclusion?

Exactly my point. With all due respect to Dr. Umar, the term revolution was used too loosely. Nobody can draw any conclusion what the breakthrough is? Next thing you know every doctor is going to put some post op vid on the internet and claims that they started the next revolution in HT, the public will just have to take his words for it because the technique is proprietary.

TheGreek,
A person asked a question about Dr Umar who obviously felt he was saying by using the word revolution that he invented FUE/BHT . I made a clear distinction between the concept of invention and revolution because there seemed to be some uncertainty. If you see disrespect anywhere in making that distinction then that is your issue because that isn’t the way it was intended.

A video was made to show those who have never seen an actual body hair transplantation what the experience is like. Then you have those of you picking it apart and talking about words used in the title and your remark of the partition curtain seen in the background -referring to it as a shower curtain . Let’s keep a very credible and informative thread free of this crap for once.

Dr Umar- 17,000 BHT grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

» » Then how do you draw your conclusion?
»
» Exactly my point. With all due respect to Dr. Umar, the term revolution
» was used too loosely. Nobody can draw any conclusion what the breakthrough
» is? Next thing you know every doctor is going to put some post op vid on
» the internet and claims that they started the next revolution in HT, the
» public will just have to take his words for it because the technique is
» proprietary.

Point taken but I can only speak from my personal experience at 3 months post-op. I believe I will have substantial coverage from the temple work Dr. Umar performed. The writing is on the wall so to speak which would typically dictate a low transection rate (maybe the consistency issue that gets brought up in the BHT debate). Also, the fact that there are no visible body scars (so far) is a definite plus.

» A video was made to show those who have never seen an actual body hair
» transplantation what the experience is like. Then you have those of you
» picking it apart and talking about words used in the title and your
» remark of the partition curtain seen in the background -referring to it as
» a shower curtain .

I can see why people might question the use of words like revolution since we are all pretty sensitive to “truth and deception” on this board. My view is that it just advertising. Nearly every cosmetic and HT surgeon seems to have revolutionised or invented their field. Every car manufacturer or manufacturer of tooth brushes has revolutionised something.

As long as the results are honest and representative then I think a bit of latitude in advertising is O.K myself. It will make for a bit of lively input by Dr. woods anyway :slight_smile:

This is the absolute truth. I met a buddhist monk from thailand yesterday who apparently won the “monk of the year” award recently. Now that advertising is one step too far but unless Dr. Umar is keeping something back, I don’t think we should hold him to that level of morality.

» Checkin,
»
» As EHP mentioned, we utilized mostly the darker beard hair in this phase.
» Contrasting his before and after photos, you would find that the 14th day
» photos depicts less pigmented hair as these have been largely removed. The
» good news is that EHP stil has a decent amount of beard hair in place.
» Apart form the color changes, his friends would be unable to tell he had
» anything removed from the beard area.

Dr Umar, his seemed to be at least 50/50mix. How did his beard hair compare to scalp hair in caliber?

» » Checkin,
» »
» » As EHP mentioned, we utilized mostly the darker beard hair in this
» phase.
» » Contrasting his before and after photos, you would find that the 14th
» day
» » photos depicts less pigmented hair as these have been largely removed.
» The
» » good news is that EHP stil has a decent amount of beard hair in place.
» » Apart form the color changes, his friends would be unable to tell he
» had
» » anything removed from the beard area.
»
» Dr Umar, his seemed to be at least 50/50mix. How did his beard hair
» compare to scalp hair in caliber?

Correct, if you mean 50/50 mix of grey and pigmented beard hair. Beard hair for most individuals is coarser and differently textured when compared to the scalp hair. There is also some degree of variation from one beard area to the other.

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
NEW WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

Thanks marco for getting this thread back on track up above. This thread went from viewing some interesting videos to some whole completely different place.

In my opinion, I am thankful when any of the doctors share their work with us. I would be disappointed if the doctors quit sharing their experiences just because they don’t want to run the risk of not using the perfect wording. I am sure the expected focus of the video was the content of the actual video.

I believe the intention of the initial thread and videos was to give people a rough idea of what goes on during a hair transplant. For those that haven’t been through the process before this may help them with their decisions.

That being said, in my opinion, there are some very interesting things about this case.

1. In 13 days; 18,745 grafts were placed in a NW6. Some might say the magnitude of the project is revolutionary, but at the very least, it is very amazing.
  2. I think the fact that so much work was done in such a short time is pretty incredible.
  3. In this case, approximately 3700 beard hairs were used. Again, is that revolutionary, I don’t know, but it is one of the bigger efforts regarding beard hair that I am aware of.
  4. This forum has many threads concerning the fears and doubts and past bad experiences of scarring from FUE, BHT, and so on. I think for any doctor to perform such a huge surgery in such a short time and have such awesome healing from the extraction sites is really great. I think that some concerned posters may call that part revolutionary.
  5. At the very least, I think the combination of all of these things will be a great case to learn from.
  6. Our eventual goal is to shoot for 22,000 - 25,000 grafts as a total after our second procedure. I am new at this, but I am not aware of any other case quite like this one.

I re-read this thread several times and I could not find anything that constitutes disrespect towards any other doctor. Maybe since I am new there is something subtle that I am missing, but I just don’t see it. It seems to me that Dr. Umar is willing to share his experiences. Some of his patients are also willing to post their experiences. I just don’t see how that is a bad thing.

Anyway, when I was choosing my doctor I used the forums and the marketing as a starting point. But I do think it is important to meet the doctor and meet some of the patients and try to decide which doctor is the best fit for you. There are, no doubt, several good doctors. My experience with Dr. Umar has been outstanding. It is my sincere hope that whatever doctor someone chooses that their experience will be as great as mine has been.

EHP,
You are truly a class act!!!

Your case has excited me from day 1 since we first met and especially since I have seen your beard hair grown out at its best . It is also good to know that you have so much beard hair remaining for any future contributions . For some reason the beard hair aspect fascinates me more and more

You are a voice of reason and you have an excellent perspective/outlook.

17,000 BHT grafts by Dr Umar

Thanks Heliboy,

You blazed the trail for the rest of us to follow. I am thankful that you have been so kind and for your willingness to share your experience.

Your wealth of knowledge is phenomenal and I have benefited greatly from it.

I am also very interested by the possibilities concerning beard hair.

Happy growing and thanks for everything!