V. important. / urgent; To Dr. A / fushair

Hi All at fusehair / Dr. A.

On entering your site, I a, getting a warning of the following virus / worm.

Win32:Mefir-C [Wrm]

» Hi All at fusehair / Dr. A.
»
» On entering your site, I a, getting a warning of the following virus /
» worm.
»
»
» Win32:Mefir-C [Wrm]

Marco,

You may want to run an anti-spyware or anti-malware program to be safe. It is very likely to be something on your computer already.

http://forum.emsisoft.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=2898

Hello and welcome to the a-squared support forums.

Download to your Desktop:

Install HijackThis
Install HiJackFree
Install a-squared Free
Put ATF Cleaner on you Desktop
Install ExplorerXP
Unzip Pocket Killbox to your Desktop

Run ATF Cleaner:
Double-click ATF- Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser
Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser
Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

NOTE: This will remove all files from the items that are checked so if you have some cookies you’d like to save. please move them to a different directory first.

Run a-squared Free and do a full system scan. Let a-squared Free fix what it finds.

Double-click ISeeYouXP.exe, ISeeYouXp will be extracted to C:\ISeeYouXP. ISeeYouXP will autorun after installation.

NOTE: Vista Users ISeeYouXP will not autorun on Vista.

Possible Error Messages

If your ISeeYouXP.txt log appears to be empty or semi-empty or you get an error message similar to the below when running ISeeYouXP.bat and you are running Windows XP or Windows 2000, follow the steps further down that relate to your OS
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Window applications.

To fix the above error message, choose the download below which is appropriate for your system

For Windows XP Pro: download and run: XPproFix

For Windows XP Home: download and run: XPHomeFix

For Windows 2000: download and run: W2KFix

Then run ISeeYouXP.bat again and attach the log.

A possible second type of error message may occur as shown in the quote box below! If you get either of these two messages, perform the Resolution steps given in this: Virtual Device Driver Error Message in 16-Bit MS-DOS Subsystem

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
drive:\program path
XXXX. An installable Virtual Device Driver failed DLL initialization. Choose ‘Close’ to terminate the application.

-or-

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
drive:\program path
SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\VirtualDeviceDrivers. VDD. Virtual Device Driver format in the registry is invalid. Choose ‘Close’ to terminate the application.

After attempting to fix the above errors, run ISeeYouXP.bat and attach the log.

Using Windows Explorer (right click the Start button and select Explore to open Windows Explorer) navigate to C:\ISeeYouXP and locate:
ISeeYouXP.bat

Double-click to run the script.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

Vista Users Only

UAC must be turned off to run this script.

ISeeYouXP will not autorun on Vista.

Turning Off/On UAC in Vista

1. Open the Control Panel.
  2. Under User Account and Family settings click on the “Add or remove user account”.
  3. Click on your user account.
  4. Under the user account click on the “Go to the main User Account page” link.
  5. Under “Make changes to your user account” click on the “Change security settings” link.
  6. In the “Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure” click to unselect the “Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer”. Click on the Ok button.
  7. You will be prompted to reboot your computer. Do so.

In order to re-enable UAC just select the above checkbox and reboot.

To Run ISeeYouXP right-click on the batch file and select “Run as Administrator”

Post the following logs:
a-squared Free
ISeeYouXP.txt (On the Desktop) this log can get quite long.
HijackThis

This may take several posts to post post all 3 logs.

a-squared Team - www.emsisoft.com

Sorry, Maybe its my machine. I use avast and I only get a problem with fusehair but I will double check since no one else has this problem.