Useless herbs

Only true suckers use “herbs” to try and grow hair. But hey, if it helps to get you through the day, knock yourself out.

nice one.
have u tried them.
many use buti don’t seem to hear about reults

» nice one.
» have u tried them.
» many use buti don’t seem to hear about reults

as with any treatment or regimen results vary from person to person, many have zero response to natural dht blockers

i am a responder, in fact with just saw palmetto , no pygeum or nettles, and a ultra hair per day, and one beta sitosterol, my hair is doing great, since i cant get a lot of my regimen here in manila

to the people who respond to this type of regimen, they are extremely pleased, who can argue with success

to those who dont respond, of course, they think it sucks

» i am a responder, in fact with just saw palmetto , no pygeum or nettles,
» and a ultra hair per day, and one beta sitosterol, my hair is doing great,

And you are the only that I know of.

“Great” is a subjective term. The fact that your regimen has given you gobs and gobs of hair in the back and on the sides is really of no consequence to those whose balding pattern affects the temples and crown.

I would love to take poll to see if anyone here has “great hair” with using saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, and ultra hair.

TruthHurts, you are ignorant.

» » i am a responder, in fact with just saw palmetto , no pygeum or nettles,
» » and a ultra hair per day, and one beta sitosterol, my hair is doing
» great,
»
»
» And you are the only that I know of.
»
» “Great” is a subjective term. The fact that your regimen has given you
» gobs and gobs of hair in the back and on the sides is really of no
» consequence to those whose balding pattern affects the temples and crown.
»
» I would love to take poll to see if anyone here has “great hair” with
» using saw palmetto, beta sitosterol, and ultra hair.

and we all know the naturals regimen is world famous :smiley: :smiley:

» » nice one.
» » have u tried them.
» » many use buti don’t seem to hear about reults
»
» as with any treatment or regimen results vary from person to person, many
» have zero response to natural dht blockers
»
» i am a responder, in fact with just saw palmetto , no pygeum or nettles,
» and a ultra hair per day, and one beta sitosterol, my hair is doing great,
» since i cant get a lot of my regimen here in manila
»
» to the people who respond to this type of regimen, they are extremely
» pleased, who can argue with success
»
» to those who dont respond, of course, they think it sucks

In the right combination and right dosage those things may well help to slow hairloss. By reversing the immune response topically, regrowth should be quite achievable.

Regards
Pete

Point me to one study where it states anything in your regimen grows hair.

» Point me to one study where it states anything in your regimen grows
» hair.

hell if you had a brain you could google to find when rats had all the biotin taken out of their diet they went BALD
and rats never go bald…and this is just a B vitamin

try learing how to google you might learn something

» » Point me to one study where it states anything in your regimen
» grows
» » hair.
»
» hell if you had a brain you could google to find when rats had all the
» biotin taken out of their diet they went BALD
» and rats never go bald…and this is just a B vitamin
»
» try learing how to google you might learn something
HanginInThere. You can not laugh at mice studies in research forum, and than use mice studies to support your natural forum. I think that is what they call “hypocrite”.

» Point me to one study where it states anything in your regimen grows
» hair.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-25116.html

» » » Point me to one study where it states anything in your regimen
» » grows
» » » hair.
» »
» » hell if you had a brain you could google to find when rats had all the
» » biotin taken out of their diet they went BALD
» » and rats never go bald…and this is just a B vitamin
» »
» » try learing how to google you might learn something
» HanginInThere. You can not laugh at mice studies in research forum, and
» than use mice studies to support your natural forum. I think that is what
» they call “hypocrite”.

the study didnt say that this grew hair on mice, it said the lack of Biotin made the mice go bald…

when i point to a study about something in my regimen, the only reason i did that is because this is what the natural asked for and thats all thats out there i can find on that particular supplment

i NEVER use rat mouse etc studies, in fact i never use studies period when someone asks me to support my regimen working or not working, I simply say, if you want to try it , try it, if it doesnt work, oh well try something else, thats the only thing that matters anyway, NOT whether some study says it works, IF IT WORKS ON YOU when you try it, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS

do you think it is just a coincidence all of the super hair vitamins are LOADED with BIOTIN, ? do you even know what biotin does? in protein synthesis?

funny how you guys sit here and make proclamations about a subject you know nothing about…you neither understand vitamins minerals and herbs, nor have you tried any of these regimens yourself, yet you know they dont work, LOL

Yeah, but you stated that your crown is still bald…

Exactly.

Those rats suffered from a biotin deficiency, not MPB. You can take as much biotin as you like, Hangin’, and it’s still not going to stop your MPB.

» Yeah, but you stated that your crown is still bald…

so?

you said post ANY STUDY saying ANYTHING in my regimen is proven to regrow hair

i just posted one

punked you on that one didnt I

who said just because a study says something is proven to regrow hair that it will regrow everyones hair?

does prop do that?
rogaine?
name one thing that is , by your definition…PROVEN to regrow hair
that works on everyone?

» Exactly.
»
» Those rats suffered from a biotin deficiency, not MPB. You can take as
» much biotin as you like, Hangin’, and it’s still not going to stop your
» MPB.

yes when they took ALL the biotin out of the rats diet, they certainly did suffer from a biotin deficiency

but if you had a brain you could put 2 and 2 together

the study proves a biotin deficiency can cause baldness…complete baldness…in an animal that never loses its hair

so i guess it is beyond your mental skills to take that one step further and infer that humans who are deficient in biotin can have severe hair loss problems, or baldness

and it does not even have to be a normal biotin deficiency, it can be that the persons hair is not getting enough of the biotin he ingests…his other internal organs can be getting a sufficient amount, but the hair and nails are last in line as far as vitamins, the body deems them unimportant and will only give nutrients to the hair if it has excess after the brain and other vital organs have been suffiently nourished.

learn before you open your mouth

Q. Do you have a biotin deficiency?
A. No

Q. Do you have MPB?
A. Yes

Q. Do you supplement your diet with biotin each day?
A. Yes

Q. Has this stopped your hair loss?
A. No

Q. Has this put hair on your crown?
A. No

We’ve discussed this subject ad nauseum. You’ll never convince me that your regimen is worth two pennies, though you do your best to advertise it here.

» Q. Do you have a biotin deficiency?

» A. No

how do you know> what i have? have you tested my blood?

»
» Q. Do you have MPB?
» A. Yes
»
» Q. Do you supplement your diet with biotin each day?
» A. Yes
»
not every day, I was out of the supplements for months until i found i could get them in manila at a vitamin store, which shocked me, vitamin stores suck here. During the months i stopped taking my supps, my hair went downhill VERY FAST…once i went back on them , it recovered to where it was before but this took about 4 to 6 months back on the supps

» Q. Has this stopped your hair loss?
» A. No
»

Yes it has, when I am on the supps, my hair maintains and has for 10 yrs, when i go off them, it deteriorates extremely rapidly…My prediction if i went off my reg completely i would be bald on top in 2 yrs. I have maintained what i have which on top , granted the crown in back has not responded but the top and frontal hairline all the way back to the crown looks very good, better than it did 10 yrs ago. so yes the supps have stopped my hair loss.

» Q. Has this put hair on your crown?
» A. No

You act as if you have a magical formula to grow hair on 10 to 15 yr old bald spots. Show me a regimen that will do this? anything? consistently? I have challenged you to this before, but you conveniently ignore this. Growing hair on 10 year old slick bald area is next to impossible with ANY regimen, no matter how good
»
»
» We’ve discussed this subject ad nauseum. You’ll never convince me that
» your regimen is worth two pennies, though you do your best to advertise it
» here.

go peddle stupid somewhere else

you are jealous because nobody respects your regimen so you try to down mine

ops do you even have a regimen?

You did post a study that shows Nizoral grows hair. Good for you. Actually, I was alluding to the beta sitsterol, Ultra Hair, and saw palmetto, but I will give a “C+” for effort.

:stuck_out_tongue:

» You did post a study that shows Nizoral grows hair. Good for you.
» Actually, I was alluding to the beta sitsterol, Ultra Hair, and saw
» palmetto, but I will give a “C+” for effort.
»
» :-P]

ah so now you change your story, gotcha…wink wink

hurts to be punked doesnt it

both of the following studies were small, however they still give promising
results

as i said before no matter what some study says, it doesnt mean a supplement or treatment HAS ANY CHANCE OF WORKING ON …YOU

this is only determined by trial and error

if i said, here is a supplment PROVEN to regrow hair , in xyz study, but it doesnt work on YOU, what ±
good is that?

If i found a supplement with no study to back it up but it works on YOU, WHO CARES ABOUT A STUDY?

Saw Palmetto Hair Loss Study:

Similarly to finasteride (the active ingredient in Propecia and Proscar), studies have shown that when taken orally, it may be an effective anti-androgen by lowering dihydrotestosterone (DHT) levels in the body by blocking 5 alpha-reductase enzymes. Additionally it is said to block receptor cites on cells which is required for cells to absorb DHT.

Tests have also been performed on its use in the treatment of benign prostatic disease, which similarly to androgenic alopecia, depends on the production of DHT.

It is also noteworthy to state that a small preliminary study in 2002 was performed as reported by The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine (2002;8:143-52) that shows a select group of 19 men between the ages of 23 and 64 taking either (400mg of saw palmetto and 100mg of Beta-sitosterol) or a placebo orally. Those who took the herbal combination had 60% improved hair growth over those who took the placebo. There have been no studies to date indicating the efficacy of saw palmetto applied topically for male pattern baldness, female hair loss, or anything to date.

===============================beta sitosterol study

The study tested 26 males aged between 23 and 65 with mild to moderate hair loss. They were given 50mg of beta sitosterol a day for four months. The outcome…

On the basis of the investigative staff assessment of change in the patient’s scalp hair growth from baseline, treatment with the active study formula demonstrated 60% of the subjects rated as “improved” at the final visit as compared to baseline. In contrast, only 11% in the placebo group were rated as improved. Further, the Subject Assessment analysis of the appearance of the bald spot at the final visit compared to baseline showed that in the treatment group, no subjects deteriorated. In contrast however, the placebo group reported three subjects as deteriorated.

(Nelson Prager, Effectiveness of Botanically Derived Inhibitors of 5AR in the Treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia: Alternative and Complimentary Medicine, Volume 8, Number 2, April 2002)