Unusual problem fixed by Dr Angela Woods Campbell

I first approach Dr Angela Woods Campbell early in 2005 and was diagnosed as Norwood 3. For most men, that is not an uncommon happening but for me baldness threatened my survival. You see, I was not a normal man but I was born what was previously known as a hermaphrodite but is now known as intersexed. About 1:2000 are born with the condition. Simply put, I was both male and female and it presented a different and difficult twist on male pattern baldness for me.

I had been operated on at birth in order to be ‘normalised’ and raised as a male but they made the wrong choice because I never felt ‘normal’ when growing up (and everyone else felt the same way about me). Living as a boy and then growing into a man was extremely hard for me, but when I started going bald like my 2 elder brothers I really freaked out. It can be tough enough for a normal man to deal with baldness and even harder for a woman but I had struggled with every onslaught of masculinity that afflicted my body and the pending doom of becoming a bald old man was more than I could bear.

One of the biggest differences between men and women is the hairline contour and distance above the eyes, and my distance was increasing daily! I was frantic to find a way to turn things back …otherwise I would die. I not only needed to turn back the mpb but I also needed to feminise my hairline.

I began investigating hair clinics and found it pretty confusing. Many of them advertise heavily and used all the emotive tricks to attract clients, something that is always a turnoff for me. There was mini grafts, micro grafts, mega sessions, plugs, strip methods; follicular unit extraction and I struggled to take it all in. The local hair clinics were telling me that a scar across the back of my head would not be noticeable and besides, not everyone is suitable for single unit extraction… I was becoming perplexed. Furthermore, none of them had put me sufficiently at ease for me to even ask if they could feminise my hairline.

I approached Dr Angela Woods Campbell at first because of her lack of disclaimer which I found unique but then her way of putting me at ease became the prime motivator. Initially Dr Angela Woods Campbell was reluctant to accept me as a patient, explaining that if I decided not to continue in changing back into a woman then I would be left with a female hairline and male pattern baldness would proceed behind it. Sort of like the flotsam that the high tide leaves behind on the shore when the tide goes out…and not a pretty sight. Her stand in this matter confirmed to me that she was placing my best interests first and foremost and I was comfortable in trusting my appearance to her hands. After psychological assessment at her bequest confirmed my true gender she agreed to feminise my hairline.

As it turned out, on the morning of my first procedure she was delayed so Dr Ray Woods performed the first session. I found him interesting and talkative and he was quite adept at the transplant procedure, though he didn’t bring my hairline forward but merely filled in some of the receding area. Still, I was happy with his results.

The second procedure was performed by Dr Angela Woods Campbell and if I thought the lack of major discomfort and only slight pain from her brother was good then Dr Angela Woods Campbell was something altogether amazing. It was as if she could feel each needle herself and knew exactly how far to go and how much pressure to use. In my first procedure with her brother each local anesthetic each needle (and there were lots of them) stung but Dr Woods Campbell had a way of being so delicate that there was nothing even remotely uncomfortable or unpleasant the entire time. She inserted the needles with such sensitivity that I often couldn’t tell that she had just jabbed me. She was certain also to ensure the anesthetic was taking affect as she gradually progressed the insensate line. When inserting the hairs she was just as delicate and feeling as she had been during the extraction process. I was in awe of the empathy and consideration she displayed and realized that her dedication added many extra hours to her work. I made sure that she performed all the remaining procedures!

In all I had 7 procedures of 500 grafts which not only filled in the receded and balding areas but also brought my hairline forward to an acceptable female appearance. Apparently, filling in the receding and balding parts was straightforward but creating a female hairline for me was not as easy as cut and paste. She would normally spend around 12 hrs for each procedure but when she was working on the hairline she would spend 16 hrs. She wanted to make certain that it was perfect… and I would go home afterward thinking to myself “wow, this woman is not a doctor…she is an Angel”… At all times she displayed a deep concern for not only the transplant results but also for me as a person. I have never known a doctor to be so genuinely caring of their patient.

It has been over three years since my first procedure and even after 12 months I was receiving compliments about my lovely hair from other women. I was pretty chuffed myself. :slight_smile: Having a normal female hairline made it so much easier for me to revert back to a woman.

I have asked her to give me a copy of the photos she took at the start so I can post some before and after shots. But needless to say that she has my eternal gratitude for her part in taking me from a balding old man (or the inevitability of it) to an attractive young woman. A failed hair restoration at that point in my life would have been catastrophic but her commitment to her patient has given me life.

I realise that most men don’t need the same results that I did and perhaps their circumstances aren’t as pressing as mine but I believe she would be just as caring with plain balding old men as she was with me.

so you are saying she is better than her brother? Yeah, some pictures would be helpful

I can’t say that she is better than her brother as he only filled in some receding areas but I can say she was a lot gentler and very empathetic. If he had done the hairline I would know how good he was instead of how good his sister is. I can also say how happy I am with Dr Angela Woods Campbell’s results. I will be putting photos up too, you can bet on that.

» so you are saying she is better than her brother? Yeah, some pictures
» would be helpful

» I first approach Dr Angela Woods Campbell early in 2005 and was diagnosed
» as Norwood 3. For most men, that is not an uncommon happening but for me
» baldness threatened my survival. You see, I was not a normal man but I was
» born what was previously known as a hermaphrodite but is now known as
» intersexed. About 1:2000 are born with the condition. Simply put, I was
» both male and female and it presented a different and difficult twist on
» male pattern baldness for me.
»
» I had been operated on at birth in order to be ‘normalised’ and raised as
» a male but they made the wrong choice because I never felt ‘normal’ when
» growing up (and everyone else felt the same way about me). Living as a boy
» and then growing into a man was extremely hard for me, but when I started
» going bald like my 2 elder brothers I really freaked out. It can be tough
» enough for a normal man to deal with baldness and even harder for a woman
» but I had struggled with every onslaught of masculinity that afflicted my
» body and the pending doom of becoming a bald old man was more than I could
» bear.
»
» One of the biggest differences between men and women is the hairline
» contour and distance above the eyes, and my distance was increasing daily!
» I was frantic to find a way to turn things back …otherwise I would die. I
» not only needed to turn back the mpb but I also needed to feminise my
» hairline.
»
» I began investigating hair clinics and found it pretty confusing. Many of
» them advertise heavily and used all the emotive tricks to attract clients,
» something that is always a turnoff for me. There was mini grafts, micro
» grafts, mega sessions, plugs, strip methods; follicular unit extraction and
» I struggled to take it all in. The local hair clinics were telling me that
» a scar across the back of my head would not be noticeable and besides, not
» everyone is suitable for single unit extraction… I was becoming perplexed.
» Furthermore, none of them had put me sufficiently at ease for me to even
» ask if they could feminise my hairline.
»
» I approached Dr Angela Woods Campbell at first because of her lack of
» disclaimer which I found unique but then her way of putting me at ease
» became the prime motivator. Initially Dr Angela Woods Campbell was
» reluctant to accept me as a patient, explaining that if I decided not to
» continue in changing back into a woman then I would be left with a female
» hairline and male pattern baldness would proceed behind it. Sort of like
» the flotsam that the high tide leaves behind on the shore when the tide
» goes out…and not a pretty sight. Her stand in this matter confirmed to me
» that she was placing my best interests first and foremost and I was
» comfortable in trusting my appearance to her hands. After psychological
» assessment at her bequest confirmed my true gender she agreed to feminise
» my hairline.
»
» As it turned out, on the morning of my first procedure she was delayed so
» Dr Ray Woods performed the first session. I found him interesting and
» talkative and he was quite adept at the transplant procedure, though he
» didn’t bring my hairline forward but merely filled in some of the receding
» area. Still, I was happy with his results.
»
» The second procedure was performed by Dr Angela Woods Campbell and if I
» thought the lack of major discomfort and only slight pain from her brother
» was good then Dr Angela Woods Campbell was something altogether amazing. It
» was as if she could feel each needle herself and knew exactly how far to go
» and how much pressure to use. In my first procedure with her brother each
» local anesthetic each needle (and there were lots of them) stung but Dr
» Woods Campbell had a way of being so delicate that there was nothing even
» remotely uncomfortable or unpleasant the entire time. She inserted the
» needles with such sensitivity that I often couldn’t tell that she had just
» jabbed me. She was certain also to ensure the anesthetic was taking affect
» as she gradually progressed the insensate line. When inserting the hairs
» she was just as delicate and feeling as she had been during the extraction
» process. I was in awe of the empathy and consideration she displayed and
» realized that her dedication added many extra hours to her work. I made
» sure that she performed all the remaining procedures!
»
» In all I had 7 procedures of 500 grafts which not only filled in the
» receded and balding areas but also brought my hairline forward to an
» acceptable female appearance. Apparently, filling in the receding and
» balding parts was straightforward but creating a female hairline for me was
» not as easy as cut and paste. She would normally spend around 12 hrs for
» each procedure but when she was working on the hairline she would spend 16
» hrs. She wanted to make certain that it was perfect… and I would go home
» afterward thinking to myself “wow, this woman is not a doctor…she is an
» Angel”… At all times she displayed a deep concern for not only the
» transplant results but also for me as a person. I have never known a doctor
» to be so genuinely caring of their patient.
»
» It has been over three years since my first procedure and even after 12
» months I was receiving compliments about my lovely hair from other women. I
» was pretty chuffed myself. :slight_smile: Having a normal female hairline made it so
» much easier for me to revert back to a woman.
»
» I have asked her to give me a copy of the photos she took at the start so
» I can post some before and after shots. But needless to say that she has my
» eternal gratitude for her part in taking me from a balding old man (or the
» inevitability of it) to an attractive young woman. A failed hair
» restoration at that point in my life would have been catastrophic but her
» commitment to her patient has given me life.
»
» I realise that most men don’t need the same results that I did and perhaps
» their circumstances aren’t as pressing as mine but I believe she would be
» just as caring with plain balding old men as she was with me.

r u taking some medication to prevent further loss?

I feel for you, what a painful experience it must have been for you!

»
» r u taking some medication to prevent further loss?

Yes, I now have an estrogen implant…plus I no longer have the usual source of testosterone. I underwent corrective surgery two years ago.

» I feel for you, what a painful experience it must have been for you!

Thank you John. It is a very hidden problem, doctors quickly sweep it under the carpet on the pretext of saving the child embarrassment. But really, its society in general that is embarrassed about those who aren’t ‘normal’. If I had been allowed to just be me, it would only have taken a fews years for them to see what I was. Unfortunately doctors know best and I had to be saved from a life of shame…but that is precisely what I ended up getting.

» »
» » r u taking some medication to prevent further loss?
»
» Yes, I now have an estrogen implant…plus I no longer have the usual
» source of testosterone. I underwent corrective surgery two years ago.

Did the corrective surgery stop your hairloss dead in its tracks?

» » »
» » » r u taking some medication to prevent further loss?
» »
» » Yes, I now have an estrogen implant…plus I no longer have the usual
» » source of testosterone. I underwent corrective surgery two years ago.
»
» Did the corrective surgery stop your hairloss dead in its track?

When I received the estrogen implant my serum testosterone levels fell to normal female values and the hair loss stopped immediately. The corrective surgery later on would have had a similar affect in lowering testosterone and halting hair loss. Both these measures were great for me…but I kinda think most guys would prefer being bald to losing their masculinity. :wink:

» » » »
» » » » r u taking some medication to prevent further loss?
» » »
» » » Yes, I now have an estrogen implant…plus I no longer have the usual
» » » source of testosterone. I underwent corrective surgery two years ago.
» »
» » Did the corrective surgery stop your hairloss dead in its track?
»
»
» When I received the estrogen implant my serum testosterone levels fell to
» normal female values and the hair loss stopped immediately. The corrective
» surgery later on would have had a similar affect in lowering testosterone
» and halting hair loss. Both these measures were great for me…but I kinda
» think most guys would prefer being bald to losing their masculinity. :wink:

Just curious, are you taking any hormones medication now? Do you think that perhaps your hair loss could simply be reversed using hormones treatment alone?

btw, what about your regimen? Are you allowed to take Propecia or use minoxidil in order to maintain your hair? what do you do to make sure that you get to keep your hair for as long as possible?

» » » » »
» » » » » r u taking some medication to prevent further loss?
» » » »
» » » » Yes, I now have an estrogen implant…plus I no longer have the
» usual
» » » » source of testosterone. I underwent corrective surgery two years
» ago.
» » »
» » » Did the corrective surgery stop your hairloss dead in its track?
» »
» »
» » When I received the estrogen implant my serum testosterone levels fell
» to
» » normal female values and the hair loss stopped immediately. The
» corrective
» » surgery later on would have had a similar affect in lowering
» testosterone
» » and halting hair loss. Both these measures were great for me…but I
» kinda
» » think most guys would prefer being bald to losing their masculinity.
» :wink:
»
» Just curious, are you taking any hormones medication now? Do you think
» that perhaps your hair loss could simply be reversed using hormones
» treatment alone?

Definitely lowering serum levels of testosterone and raising Estrogen levels play a big part in halting and to a degree reversing male pattern hair loss. But that can only help restore recently lost hair (after a while the follicles die) and it can’t turn a male hairline into a female hairline. As I mention in my original post, I needed to feminise my hairline as well as halt the mpb.

» btw, what about your regimen? Are you allowed to take Propecia or use
» minoxidil in order to maintain your hair? what do you do to make sure that
» you get to keep your hair for as long as possible?

I don’t have a regimen. You would need to ask some guys for that info, I simply don’t have any need for the meds that block the affects of testosterone metabolites.

Actually, when it comes to administering manual local anaesthetic, there is NO ONE on plantet earth better or more gentle than my sister, Dr Angela Woods Campbell.
I would be honoured to be considered a close second.

And that is why I have since been using “the wand”, a computerised anaesthetic delivery device utilised by only the leading dental practioners and prosthodondists in the world.

I used one device and soon realised that although excellent, it was too slow.
So, I bought a second device and designed a specific stand where both could be used in tandem.

Word spread and photos were taken of my set up by company representatives of MILESTONE , New Jersey, and these are shown at dental conferences around the world.

That aside, there is only one doctor on this planet I would allow touch my hairline, and that is Dr Angela Woods Campbell

Dr Ray Woods

Dr. Woods what about pain, is the wand painless? btw where are the pictures muchbetternow promised?

» Actually, when it comes to administering manual local anaesthetic, there is
» NO ONE on plantet earth better or more gentle than my sister, Dr Angela
» Woods Campbell.
» I would be honoured to be considered a close second.

Does it really matter how hard or how gentle that was done? Do you think follicles will be damaged if anaesthetic is administered too forcefully?

Dr. Woods,

what do you think of using Acell’s technology to generate unlimited donor hair?

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-34927-page-2-category-1-order-last_answer.html

Answering all questions.

1. No , nothing is completely painless, but its only a tiny pin prick, and the anaesthesia spreads gradually.

2. Within reason, the rate at which anaesthetic is administered will not harm follicles.

3. an endless supply of donor…? Thats like suggesting those Wall Street crooks can steal as much as they like , not be convicted, and have an endless supply of taxpayers money forever…enough of this crazy talk.

Keep an eye out for “Diamond”. His video will be up soon.

Dr Ray Woods

Hello Dr. Ray Woods, what’s new in the world of hair transplantation? So you don’t believe in Acell? Have you actually investigated what their product is all about or you simply write off the idea of endless donor supply because your gut instinct tells you that it is not possible?

» Answering all questions.
»
» 1. No , nothing is completely painless, but its only a tiny pin prick, and
» the anaesthesia spreads gradually.

Do you have a picture of this magic wand :slight_smile:

Is it only 1 tiny prick the entire procedure or will there be numerous tiny pricks throughout in order to keep the patient sedated?

» 3. an endless supply of donor…? Thats like suggesting those Wall Street
» crooks can steal as much as they like , not be convicted, and have an
» endless supply of taxpayers money forever…enough of this crazy talk.

Dr. Woods with all due respect, you need to keep an open mind about the possibilities, it may not happen today or this year, but this is inevitable, we consumers are simply not satisfied with the present technologies, your inventions are revolutionary but apparently not the ideal solution that the consumers want/need.