Under the skin fue regeneration

Has there been any news posted here about the revolutionary technique being developed by Carlos K. Wesley, M.D?

Apparently he’s devised a way to remove follicles by going under the skin laproscopically, thereby eliminating any visible scarring.

But most interesting of all, there is talk–which the doctor is not much commenting on at this early stage of his work–of donor regeneration.

I wonder if he’s using Acell–because if you were to place Acell beneath the skin, it would eliminate the problem of getting the Acell in place and keeping it there.

And it might also result in placing the Acell where it would do the most good: directly in the layer of tissue where the follicles resided before being harvested–as opposed to trying to stuff it down the tiny incision hole from outside the skin after conventional FUE harvesting.

Anyone hear about this? Have there been posts about this here?

I have read that Dr. Cole may have communicated with Dr. Wesley about this procedure–how about it, CIT, any news of this?

I think he’s doing FUE transplants. Doesn’t fue transplants involve donor hair from other parts of the body instead of scalp hair? If it does then maybe they should try this same technique for regeneration on the scalp donor region instead of other parts of the body.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Ahab[/postedby]
Has there been any news posted here about the revolutionary technique being developed by Carlos K. Wesley, M.D?

Apparently he’s devised a way to remove follicles by going under the skin laproscopically, thereby eliminating any visible scarring.

But most interesting of all, there is talk–which the doctor is not much commenting on at this early stage of his work–of donor regeneration.

I wonder if he’s using Acell–because if you were to place Acell beneath the skin, it would eliminate the problem of getting the Acell in place and keeping it there.

And it might also result in placing the Acell where it would do the most good: directly in the layer of tissue where the follicles resided before being harvested–as opposed to trying to stuff it down the tiny incision hole from outside the skin after conventional FUE harvesting.

I have read that Dr. Cole may have communicated with Dr. Wesley about this procedure–how about it, CIT, any news of this?[/quote]

are you serious?? FUE is follicular unit extraction… it has nothing to do with being scalp hair or not. Next to strip this is the most common form of donor hair extraction. I really can’t believe you dont know what FUE is.

[quote]I think he’s doing FUE transplants. Doesn’t fue transplants involve donor hair from other parts of the body instead of scalp hair? If it does then maybe they should try this same technique for regeneration on the scalp donor region instead of other parts of the body.

[postedby]Originally Posted by Ahab[/postedby]

I have read that Dr. Cole may have communicated with Dr. Wesley about this procedure–how about it, CIT, any news of this?

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby][/quote]

As I have said REPEATEDLY I am totally disinterested in HTs. I had 50 plus transplanted and I don’t like the way it looks. It was done by a high-ranked doc who does some celebrities. I pay NO attention to anything connected to HTs. I think if you get a HT you will be forever finding fault with it and I ignore virtually all news about HTs. Since FUE is part of HT it’s something I typically ignore and I’m not really interested in this issue.

[quote]are you serious?? FUE is follicular unit extraction… it has nothing to do with being scalp hair or not. Next to strip this is the most common form of donor hair extraction. I really can’t believe you dont know what FUE is.

I think he’s doing FUE transplants. Doesn’t fue transplants involve donor hair from other parts of the body instead of scalp hair? If it does then maybe they should try this same technique for regeneration on the scalp donor region instead of other parts of the body.

[postedby]Originally Posted by Ahab[/postedby]

[postedby]Originally Posted by jarjarbinx[/postedby]

[postedby]Originally Posted by hairman2[/postedby][/quote]

Ahab, this is called “piloscopy” and Dr. Wesley gave a detailed presentation about it at the recent ISHRS convention in San Francisco. Yes, it is a revolutionary and amazing procedure, he is basically extracting donor follicles from underneath the surface of the skin and leaving no scars.

It was discussed at the convention that Acell could be used to promote donor follicle regeneration. I believe Dr. Wesley has in fact tried this, and achieved good results. When the hair-bearing follicle is dissected, some stem-cell bearing tissue can be left behind, creating conditions for donor regeneration. Packing the perifollicular space with Acell apparently facilitates this.

However, as jarjar said, it’s still a HT, it’s not real HM of any kind.

But, I had an idea: if you can extract follicles from beneath the skin viewing the follicle with a “piloscope”, maybe you can use a piloscope to “guide” HM cell injections to the place where they’re most likely to have an effect?

If Dr. Wesley is able to regenerate a fair number of follicles in the donor area, this is the most exciting news I’ve heard in a long time (Gho and Nigram don’t excite me at all. Nigram makes so many posts around here, I wonder how he has time for anything else).

As far as transplants are concerned, maybe you aren’t full-blown bald. I am. I’d rather have a state of the art transplant than be bald, period, or wait forever for the perfect treatment that may never come in our lifetime.

Which reminds me: I’ve seen many strange things on site. I’ve seen guys compliment HT’s that look like $hit. And I’ve seen other times when an HT is as well done as could be expected, criticized for not being as good as a full head of hair.

Strange.

[quote]
As far as transplants are concerned, maybe you aren’t full-blown bald. I am. I’d rather have a state of the art transplant than be bald, period, or wait forever for the perfect treatment that may never come in our lifetime.[/quote]

A whole lot of hair transplants look terrible in real life.

Certainly after the 3 year mark, things get visibly worse. Most of the transplanted hair stays on while the rest of the hair in the region falls out due to DHT. It has a strange looking appearance which attracts even more attention to the head.

I’ve had 50 plugs moved by one of the top derms in the country. There’s nothing wrong with the plugs. I’m still unhappy and I’m not having anymore moved. If I can ever get a breakthrough treatment I will have the plugs removed. I’m glad to have the balding area filled in for the most part with the plugs but I’m unhappy with the way a transplant looks/feels. I do not think most people would be happy with a HT unless they were like Ahab says he is: “full blown bald.” Sorry Ahab. My limited HT has protected me from being bald. I look like a balding guy instead of a bald guy.

I think that if you have a decent amount of hair and you think a HT will get you back to what your hair looked like before hair loss started you are in for a rude awakening and you would be better off waiting. I can get 500 - 600 more plugs moved so why don’t I do it? Because I’m not happy with hair transplantation. I will wait.

[quote]
As far as transplants are concerned, maybe you aren’t full-blown bald. I am. I’d rather have a state of the art transplant than be bald, period, or wait forever for the perfect treatment that may never come in our lifetime.

[postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]

Certainly after the 3 year mark, things get visibly worse. Most of the transplanted hair stays on while the rest of the hair in the region falls out due to DHT. It has a strange looking appearance which attracts even more attention to the head.[/quote]

Well not all hts are bad. It depends how much hair you have lost. If one has lost just the frontal and you have good amount of donor then hts with a good doctor are not bad. I have seen good hts. Did dr wisely say when he’s doing any trials or if he did when they would be done? And where is dr wisely located?

Video here (password is Piloscopy): Private video on Vimeo

Now that’s a professional and informative presentation for a change. Compare that to some of the crap posted around here.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
Ahab, this is called “piloscopy” and Dr. Wesley gave a detailed presentation about it at the recent ISHRS convention in San Francisco. Yes, it is a revolutionary and amazing procedure, he is basically extracting donor follicles from underneath the surface of the skin and leaving no scars.

It was discussed at the convention that Acell could be used to promote donor follicle regeneration. I believe Dr. Wesley has in fact tried this, and achieved good results. When the hair-bearing follicle is dissected, some stem-cell bearing tissue can be left behind, creating conditions for donor regeneration. Packing the perifollicular space with Acell apparently facilitates this.

However, as jarjar said, it’s still a HT, it’s not real HM of any kind.

But, I had an idea: if you can extract follicles from beneath the skin viewing the follicle with a “piloscope”, maybe you can use a piloscope to “guide” HM cell injections to the place where they’re most likely to have an effect?[/quote]

Good find Ahab! RT, I can settle for this if it does work consistently and can generate donor regrowth :slight_smile: Cole has been experimenting with Acell for years now with little to show, if someone can figure out how to make Acell work consistently, that is a huge step forward, i can buy myself some time while waiting for real HM.

I was seriously contemplating having conventional FUE done until I saw that video. I didn’t know that current FUE harvesting may often result in so high a percentage of damaged follicles.

I cannot afford to have ten or twenty percent of my remaining donor follicles killed by the transplant technique.

I hope Dr. Wesley’s new method continues to prove superior in trials, and that it soon becomes available.

And if it can result in at least some donor regeneration, I’ll be even happier.

If you are already in your 60s, I would assume your hair loss has progressed to a point where you don’t have much hair left. I fail to see then what impact a hair transplant will have in your case.

Perhaps if you supplement a hair transplant with body hair - even then things can look weird.

From the day you get the transplant, your surrounding hair is falling out so its a ticking time bomb.

I would guess women in their 50s care less about what the guy looks like and more so about other stuff … like the width of his wallet. Correct me if I am wrong here.

[quote]

[/quote] Horseshoe bald usually looks even worse.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]
If you are already in your 60s, I would assume your hair loss has progressed to a point where you don’t have much hair left. I fail to see then what impact a hair transplant will have in your case.

Perhaps if you supplement a hair transplant with body hair - even then things can look weird.

From the day you get the transplant, your surrounding hair is falling out so its a ticking time bomb.

I would guess women in their 50s care less about what the guy looks like and more so about other stuff … like the width of his wallet. Correct me if I am wrong here.[/quote] Who wants to date women in their 50s? You don’t need hair for that. All you need is a pulse.

I would assume you’d date someone 10 years younger.

What age group are you targeting daddy-O