UK Hair Transplant Surgeon Takes Stand – “You’re Too Young For a Hair Transplant

read this…

IAHRS accepted Member Bessam Farjo, M.D., currently the UK’s leading hair transplant surgeon, is calling for appropriate age restrictions after seeing a disturbing trend of teenage boys wanting to undergo hair transplantation.

Whether it’s reality TV or gorilla marketing on the internet, Dr. Farjo has seen a 23 percent increase in young men contacting his practice for consultations in the past 12 months alone.

Dr. Farjo is currently the only hair transplant surgeon in the UK who is recommend by the American Hair Loss Association and is the past President of The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.

Dr. Farjo’s clinic receives calls from the parents of boys as young as 16 years old who desperately want to help their child restore their receding hairlines, but Dr. Farjo thinks it’s the responsibility of the professionals to better educate these families and to “just say no.”

Dr Farjo explained:”Hair loss can be quite unpredictable in its early stages, with the full extent of loss difficult to determine in men under the age of 30. Men under this age should consider taking preventative drugs such as propecia, in an effort to slow down or stop their hair loss. However, a few online sources and commercial clinics are encouraging very young men to consider surgery to restore both their follicles and self-esteem.”

He added, “Surgery may improve the hairline of very young men in the short term; however, if further hair loss occurs they could find themselves with inconsistent coverage, giving them a ‘patchy’ look.”

Dr. Farjo further states,”Sadly, some clinics appear to be taking advantage of these vulnerable patients by agreeing to perform surgery and not advising them of the potential long-term results.”

So is this the general consensus, no hair transplant until 30 years of age or older?

» Dr. Farjo further states,”Sadly, some clinics appear to be taking
» advantage of these vulnerable patients by agreeing to perform surgery and
» not advising them of the potential long-term results.”
Rubbish. We don’t have any such clinics on hairsite.

» So is this the general consensus, no hair transplant until 30 years of age
» or older?

I think each case should be handled on a case by case basis. I had my first procedure at age 28.

Alot depends on family hairloss history, your general pattern, have you given meds a try, what your expectations are short term and long term.

» » So is this the general consensus, no hair transplant until 30 years of
» age
» » or older?
»
» I think each case should be handled on a case by case basis. I had my
» first procedure at age 28.
»
» Alot depends on family hairloss history, your general pattern, have you
» given meds a try, what your expectations are short term and long term.

Than how-come most of your patients, regardless of age, general pattern, etc… seem to get the same generically low hairline?

We don’t all have to agree on the perfect minimum age for HTs but we can probably still agree that 18-21 is much too young for it.

»
» Than how-come most of your patients, regardless of age, general pattern,
» etc… seem to get the same generically low hairline?

Dr. Armani creates a variety of different types of hairlines, each case is individualized.

Finally a doctor took a stand and exposed how dangerous this strategy is long term…

» » » So is this the general consensus, no hair transplant until 30 years of
» » age
» » » or older?
» »
» » I think each case should be handled on a case by case basis. I had my
» » first procedure at age 28.
» »
» » Alot depends on family hairloss history, your general pattern, have you
» » given meds a try, what your expectations are short term and long term.
»
» Than how-come most of your patients, regardless of age, general pattern,
» etc… seem to get the same generically low hairline?

Rev you are onto something.

But… I am tired of seeing patients that are very young that have gone to one of only… well heck just one clinic that provides an adolescent hairline without regard to future hairloss. And it really sucks that these patients have to go through serial punch outs and serial hairline corrections. Most of the seasoned posters on here and other hair forums saw this coming 3 years ago. :confused:

»
» But… I am tired of seeing patients that are very young that have gone to
» one of only… well heck just one clinic that provides an adolescent
» hairline without regard to future hairloss. And it really sucks that these
» patients have to go through serial punch outs and serial hairline
» corrections. Most of the seasoned posters on here and other hair forums saw
» this coming 3 years ago. :confused:

Are you sure its only one clinic???I am not so sure about that…

But the point is people to see it also so that they will think rational and plan carefully. the hair transplant thing definetely has limits or else everyone would have one regardless of age and degree of hairloss and they would all have a full head of hair.

And its not just some posters that see this and mention it its doctors as well that know it better than everyone.So when they stay silent the whole businness suffers because people dont trust the business and think yeah noone sais nothing so they are all on the same boat. I only see a few doctors explaining the risks and then shills, dellusional youngsters that want to believe what suits them better attack the doctors that only try to say the truth!!!

the internet is a jungle sometimes and can be manipulated when you have the time and money. there is no serious organization thats sets standards in this business unfortunately…that for me says stay away, if they cant protect their own business i will never trust my head to them.