Turned Away by My HT Surgeon

Hello All,

I just wanted to report in and tell you that I was turned away from MHR when I went in to see the top dog. I only deal with Matt Leavitt because he has done my proceedures. I am always on him since he went from a doctor to a mega mall for transplants and will only deal with him.

Anyway, I have had 3 procedures in the past and the first in 1991 was old technology with min grafts. I had two more procedures as technology improved to help cover the old work. The work was fine for what it was. No scaring, no bumps, all grafts grew but as I lost more hair I was left with some noticeble grafts.

So… In January of 09 I noticed unbelievable shedding and those areas of my head that had held onto my hair were giving way to my scalp at record speed. I had a lot of stress over the last two years and I imagine that had a lot to do with it.

I started a regiment of Dutas(.5), proscar, rogaine 5%, Maxi-Hair by Country Day, Resveratrol/Curcummin, BioSil and toco sorb. Even though I had dry hair, I got on Nizorel shampoo 3 times a week and t-gel shampoo once or twice a week.

So from January to May 6 whatever I was doing had a chance to work before I went for my consultation. Matt was pleased to show me under the microscope thing that I had a lot of hair growing. I even had some graft hair popping up which may have been loss due stress. He said I had like telescopic flovium or something and would not do any surgery because so much hair was growing back.

He said there was no way to tell how much would come in or the quality of each hair but he didn’t want to due any work and replace a hair that might come in strong.

I have also noticed some fuzz with dark color in it appearing in the area of my once teenage hairline. It looks like mildly dirty pores and there are little weak looking hairs in some.

I don’t think I will regain the cosmetic result I seek but there is definitely hair growing all over my head in different diameters and different degrees of my natural dark hair.

I hope that my regiment has more to do with it than just a recovery from a serious shed, but I wanted to report that surgeons do turn you away if you are not ready. He did say after I prodded him that if no hair returned and I was at the stage I was in the moment I walked into his office on May 6th that he would recommend about 1800 grafts in zone 1, 2, and 3.

I hope this knowledge is helpful to some out there and all comments about my regiment are welcomed. I want to add more stuff if you think I’m missing something.

HH

That is a great story hopefullhair. It’s comforting to know that your doctor turned you away when it wasn’t in your best interest at this point in time to have a procedure. It’s also great to hear that your regimine is sparking some new growth! You’re taking both Dut and Proscar??

» That is a great story hopefullhair. It’s comforting to know that your
» doctor turned you away when it wasn’t in your best interest at this point
» in time to have a procedure. It’s also great to hear that your regimine is
» sparking some new growth! You’re taking both Dut and Proscar??

Thanks and yes I’m taking Dutas and Proscar. My dr didn’t think it was particularly bad. I’m supposed to take the dutas about every 3 days or so.

»
» Thanks and yes I’m taking Dutas and Proscar. My dr didn’t think it was
» particularly bad. I’m supposed to take the dutas about every 3 days or so.

I take Proscar, 1/5 tablet per day, so the cost is minimal. How much do you pay for your Dut per month?

» »
» » Thanks and yes I’m taking Dutas and Proscar. My dr didn’t think it was
» » particularly bad. I’m supposed to take the dutas about every 3 days or
» so.
»
» I take Proscar, 1/5 tablet per day, so the cost is minimal. How much do
» you pay for your Dut per month?

I pay a lot, I buy it online. The more you buy the cheaper it gets but it’s at least a buck a day. I can’t recall at the moment but here’s the link I use. Like I said the more you buy the cheaper it gets. There are repeat customer discounts.

http://www.dutasteride-discount.com/dutasteride_page.htm

HH

» » »
» » » Thanks and yes I’m taking Dutas and Proscar. My dr didn’t think it
» was
» » » particularly bad. I’m supposed to take the dutas about every 3 days
» or
» » so.
» »
» » I take Proscar, 1/5 tablet per day, so the cost is minimal. How much do
» » you pay for your Dut per month?
»
»
» I pay a lot, I buy it online. The more you buy the cheaper it gets but
» it’s at least a buck a day. I can’t recall at the moment but here’s the
» link I use. Like I said the more you buy the cheaper it gets. There are
» repeat customer discounts.
»
» http://www.dutasteride-discount.com/dutasteride_page.htm
»
»
» HH

Well, that’s not TOO bad, def more expensive then the proscar I am taking. Someday I may switch to Avodart if proscar looses its effectiveness on me. Congrats on the new regrowth man, I am happy for you.

was just curious, what about the side effects of taking both dut and fin? anything special? how’s your body managing it?

hopefullhair,

u’re taking .5 dutas 3 times a day?

how much proscar daily? your doctor is ok with this?