Tumeric Phytosome

I don’t know if this was posted…but Swansonvitamins.com carries it:

http://www.allianceingredients.com/pdfdocs/Meriva.pdf

Curcumin phytosome, grape seed phytosome & green tea phytosome combo: http://ncane.com/3pft

Swanson link: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU493/ItemDetail

*  Meriva Turmeric Phytosome absorbs quickly and highly retained for up to 8 hours

* Nourishes and defends the gastrointestinal system

* Delivers active herbal components enveloped by phospholipids

Whether you call it turmeric or curcumin, Curcuma longa is a common herb with uncommon properties. The power lies in its unique phytonutrients called curcuminoids, which are not only antioxidants but also act in specific ways to nourish and defend the gastrointestinal system, the liver and more. Meriva Turmeric Phytosome represents the pinnacle of turmeric science. Meriva delivers active herbal components enveloped by phospholipids in a patented molecular complex. Preliminary research shows that Meriva is absorbed up to 10 times better than standard, non-complexed turmeric.

I was hoping the Resveratrol was phytosomed in this product: http://www.jamiesonvitamins.com/en/products/supplements_details.aspx?UPCCode=2611&GroupID=53

Wish this was available: http://www.find-health-articles.com/rec_pub_19326431-liposome-encapsulation-curcumin-resveratrol-combination-reduces.htm

Ignore my regimen below…it’s way outdated.

Dang edit won’t work after 15 mins…eh? :no:

Was going to ask if there is a reason why Longevinex isn’t being used…besides maybe the price. http://www.longevinex.com/resveratrol.asp?story=Ingredients
They use microencapsulation…also contains other goodies like Vit D3 and quercetin. Their new “Advantage” one has added lutein and extracts from green tea, grape seed and cocoa beans.

MediClear Plus has those phytosomal ingreds plus many other goodies:
http://www.naturallyempowered.com/html/products/pharmacy/colds/r1.html

The two links below are about some liposomal combos… one contains both Resveratrol and Curcumin.

“A proprietary blend of Resveratrol, Curcumin, Milk Thistle, Bacopa, Ashwagandha and Green Tea Extract as NanoLiposmalized extracts for better absorption and potency in a base of purified water, phospholipids and natural flavors.”

Edit…I guess another also contains them:

“Contains a special blend of glutathione, resveratrol, curcumin, CoQ10 and vitamin C, plus 10 grams phospholipids, which supply 90 calories per ounce, Refrigerate for best flavor.”

Also plain liposomal curcumin and resveratrol…2 separate products.

I had asked about shelf life…got this response: “IT OBVOUSILY DEPENDS ON HEAT, LIGHT AND TEMPERATURE. REFRIGERATION SHOULD KEEP IT AT ABOUT 2 YEARS OR WHATEVER IS ON THE BOTTLE.”

http://www.donsbach.com/newnanoliposomals.html

BTW…it’s always a big plus to me when they actually respond to inquiries.

Last edit…seems the products are updated on this page? Liposomal | Vitamin C, B12, Resveratrol & Gluthathione

» I don’t know if this was posted…but Swansonvitamins.com carries it:
»
» http://www.allianceingredients.com/pdfdocs/Meriva.pdf
»
» Curcumin phytosome, grape seed phytosome & green tea phytosome combo:
» http://ncane.com/3pft
»
» Swanson link: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU493/ItemDetail
»
» * Meriva Turmeric Phytosome absorbs quickly and highly retained for
» up to 8 hours
»
» * Nourishes and defends the gastrointestinal system
»
» * Delivers active herbal components enveloped by phospholipids
»
» Whether you call it turmeric or curcumin, Curcuma longa is a common herb
» with uncommon properties. The power lies in its unique phytonutrients
» called curcuminoids, which are not only antioxidants but also act in
» specific ways to nourish and defend the gastrointestinal system, the liver
» and more. Meriva Turmeric Phytosome represents the pinnacle of turmeric
» science. Meriva delivers active herbal components enveloped by
» phospholipids in a patented molecular complex. Preliminary research shows
» that Meriva is absorbed up to 10 times better than standard, non-complexed
» turmeric.

Thanks for that Jacob

There appear to be varying opinions about which resveratrol to buy:

Re: Concern about bio-availibility of Resveratrol

nidhogge Yesterday at 11:31 pm

"I don’t mean to tote my own horn here, but I’m probably the most researched around here when it comes to Resveratrol. A couple of summers ago, Patrick Arnold (chemist that founded Ergopharm and also created the “Clear” that is infamous with the Balco scandal) and I were working our asses off online together trying to find ways to make Resveratrol more bioavailable. Quercetin and Piperine were the answers for the time, but both of those had detrimental effects that were counter-productive to use with Resveratrol. I have the research on my now-dead computer that’s all virused up and has been so for almost a year now.

But, if you trust me, take it from me that Quercetin and Res. is a bad combo, as is Res. and piperine. If you want bioavailable Resveratrol, then you should take liposomal Resveratrol. The only option thus far? Right here:

http://www.e-spa.net/Supplements-Liposomal_Resveratrol_8oz.html

You can also get liposomal Curcumin from that company. Little expensive, but you get what you pay for."

nidhogge

» I don’t know if this was posted…but Swansonvitamins.com carries it:
»
» http://www.allianceingredients.com/pdfdocs/Meriva.pdf
»
» Curcumin phytosome, grape seed phytosome & green tea phytosome combo:
» http://ncane.com/3pft
»
» Swanson link: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU493/ItemDetail
»
» * Meriva Turmeric Phytosome absorbs quickly and highly retained for
» up to 8 hours
»
» * Nourishes and defends the gastrointestinal system
»
» * Delivers active herbal components enveloped by phospholipids
»
» Whether you call it turmeric or curcumin, Curcuma longa is a common herb
» with uncommon properties. The power lies in its unique phytonutrients
» called curcuminoids, which are not only antioxidants but also act in
» specific ways to nourish and defend the gastrointestinal system, the liver
» and more. Meriva Turmeric Phytosome represents the pinnacle of turmeric
» science. Meriva delivers active herbal components enveloped by
» phospholipids in a patented molecular complex. Preliminary research shows
» that Meriva is absorbed up to 10 times better than standard, non-complexed

How many should be taken daily for an effective regimen in your opinion-1 or 2?
» turmeric.

That was posted today…after my posts here and at Regrowth. Change your time zone or something :lol2:

Liposomal or phytosomal or microencapsulated probably are the way to go, especially with things like curcumin and resveratrol. LEF had or still may have a type of “encapsulated” Resveratrol as well.

»
»
» How many should be taken daily for an effective regimen in your opinion-1
» or 2?
» » turmeric.

I personally would take one in the morning and one in the evening. At least one with breakfast and one with the evening meal. Gotta love that “Meriva Turmeric Phytosome absorbs quickly and highly retained for up to 8 hours”…which is what the liposomal products should also be able to do.

http://www.ibe-technology.com/products.php?pid=30

“The second key ingredient found in Reverse is a combination of glutathione and cobalamin (B12) that has been bonded to create the most superior available oral form of B12 and glutathione on the market. As a matter of fact, it has been shown to be more potent as an orally delivered than commonly prescribed injectable forms of B12. This compound trumps common B12 and glutathione supplementation bioavailability issues and utilizes the maximum capabilities of an oral supplement of this type.”

“Since Reverse contains a liquid capsule with a lipophilic solvent, the acetylated Resveratrol is completely dissolved, breaking down into very fine particles that are absorbed easier than larger particles found in some competitor capsules”

“In 1996 a group of leading researchers from India investigated the effects of Shilajit as an antioxidant and what they found was astonishing. Unlike many other compounds of similar origin and chemical makeup Shilajit reduced lipid peroxidation, which is caused by scavenging free radicals. The lipid peroxidation was not only reduced as an enzymatic process but as a nonenzymatic process as well. This study was one of the first to show the powerful anti-aging effects of Shilajit. Whether you are a mother of three or top level bodybuilder, there is no doubt that Shilajit will improve performance and increase your sense of well being”

Here’s the company’s take on the Res they’ll use:

"Many of you recently have asked me why it is we chose triacetyl resveratrol over other analogs and what makes triacetyl resveratrol so special in relation to normal resveratrol. I am going to give a quick summary of why it is triacetyl resveratrol is superior to the hydroxy form (normal Res).

One of the biggest problems of trans-resveratrol is the known low bioavailability of it. In vitro resveratrol exhibits absolutely amazing effects such as anti-aging, anti-tumor, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-estrogenic, immunomodulatory, and positive effects on bone. In vivo, however, these effects are not as well seen in most doses given in the laboratory. Although these effects are dose dependent it is very common for mega doses of the compound be given to rats to force plasma levels to rise by overpowering the effects of glucorinidation and sulfation. Together glucorinidation and sufation are the biggest threat to achieving high plasma levels of resveratrol. To combat this problem many people have used compounds such as quercetin and piperine to compete for the process. However, there are downsides to this process as well and it is more of a bandaid to a problem rather than a fix.

The second problem with resveratrol is that it is found in such small quantities in nature. Red wine has on average about 6mg per liter. To achieve 600mg resveratrol one would have to drink 100 liters of red wine, a feat only accomplished by maybe supersoldier and poppypants . One of the compounds that actually protects resveratrol is ethanol, but its use in dietary supplementation is impossible.

There have been scores of resveratrol analogs studied, each of which had an up side and a down side. It seemed as though pure resveratrol was the absolute best overall compound, but it is sort of a catch 22 since getting high enough plasma levels of resveratrol without mega dosing and breaking the bank was near impossible. Obviously IV and intrathecal administration is out as well. Compounds such as trimethoxy resveratrol shined in anti-tumor studies, showing a 10 fold decrease in tumor growth over resveratrol and more potent inhbition than many anti-tumor pharmaceuticals already on the market. The down side is that trimethoxy resvertrol exhibits close to zero antioxidant properties. Resveratrol itself exhibits antioxidant properties greater than vitamin e.

Our solution to these problems is simple. Create a compound that absorbs rapidly, resists breakdown, and returns to its natural form. Although triacetyl resveratrol itself exhibits many positive effects it is what happens to this compound in the body that will make it spectacular. First off is intestinal absorption. Resveratrol actually absorbs quite fast compared to many compounds, with absorption rates in vivo of ~ 70nm/s as opposed to the transport marker mannitol which absorbed at a rate of ~ 4nm/s. Since triacetyl resveratrol is much more lipid soluble than resveratrol it will absorb across these lipid membranes at a much faster rate, decreasing exposure to the enzymes responsible for glucorinidation and sulfation. The liver is the next point that triacetyl resveratrol will meet and although some will get broken down, it is well known that acetyl groups resist breakdown better than hydroxy groups. Ester hydrolysis will occur in the body and the product of ester hydrolysis is pure resveratrol. This will allow the highest levels of pure resveratrol to enter the blood stream."

» That was posted today…after my posts here and at Regrowth. Change your
» time zone or something :lol2:
»
» Liposomal or phytosomal or microencapsulated probably are the way to go,
» especially with things like curcumin and resveratrol. LEF had or still may
» have a type of “encapsulated” Resveratrol as well.

That was posted at IH’s forum, yesterday :wink: .

It’s interesting that things like quercetin and piperine were not mentioned in the curcumin/resveratrol hair loss study. Think about it, these are scientists with virtually “everything at their disposal,” but they chose not to add these two, quercetin and piperine, to their formula, Capsures.

» » That was posted today…after my posts here and at Regrowth. Change your
» » time zone or something :lol2:
» »
» » Liposomal or phytosomal or microencapsulated probably are the way to
» go,
» » especially with things like curcumin and resveratrol. LEF had or still
» may
» » have a type of “encapsulated” Resveratrol as well.
»
» That was posted at IH’s forum, yesterday :wink: .
»
» It’s interesting that things like quercetin and piperine were not
» mentioned in the curcumin/resveratrol hair loss study. Think about it,
» these are scientists with virtually “everything at their disposal,” but
» they chose not to add these two, quercetin and piperine, to their formula,
» Capsures.

TN…I know when it was posted. Today. If you go there now w/out changing your time zone etc(which I’m assuming you can do if you’re registered/logged in)…you’ll see “Current date/time is Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:00 am” Which it is not.

On the quercetin and piperine…I dunno. I guess you could ask why they didn’t go with phytosomes…or liposomes…or why a company that also probably has “everything at their disposal”- Longevinex…used quercetin.

I personally would probably go with one of the liposomal ones…or that Reverse product.

One of the arguments against the viability of Resveratrol, that I read, said, most of the diets lets say of the french, who eat high fat, scary diets, in american terms. Their diets are a few glasses of red wine per day

yet the studies on resveratrol you pointed out, say you need to drink 600 glasses of wine to achieve the levels in the study

why is it necessary to drink this much wine? when the french seem to be able to achieve lower cardiac problems , low blood pressure, etc etc etc, with only one or two glasses per day of this red wine.

Doesnt make sense, how do you explain the descrepancy

» One of the arguments against the viability of Resveratrol, that I read,
» said, most of the diets lets say of the french, who eat high fat, scary
» diets, in american terms. Their diets are a few glasses of red wine per
» day
»
» yet the studies on resveratrol you pointed out, say you need to drink 600
» glasses of wine to achieve the levels in the study
»
» why is it necessary to drink this much wine? when the french seem to be
» able to achieve lower cardiac problems , low blood pressure, etc etc etc,
» with only one or two glasses per day of this red wine.
»
» Doesnt make sense, how do you explain the descrepancy

There appears to be more to wine than just its resveratrol content (e.g. alcohol) that contributes to the “French Paradox.”

» TN…I know when it was posted. Today. If you go there now w/out changing
» your time zone etc(which I’m assuming you can do if you’re
» registered/logged in)…you’ll see “Current date/time is Mon Jul 20, 2009
» 4:00 am” Which it is not.
»
» On the quercetin and piperine…I dunno. I guess you could ask why they
» didn’t go with phytosomes…or liposomes…or why a company that also
» probably has “everything at their disposal”- Longevinex…used quercetin.
»
» I personally would probably go with one of the liposomal ones…or that
» Reverse product.

Jacob, you should know that time, itself, is a very subjective entity. What is Sunday July 19 11:31 p.m. or 6:31 p.m. to you could very well be Monday July 20 for someone else, say me, for example, on business and pleasure in an Asian country.

It was posted yesterday.

The point is that Nidhogge’s is not the first post that I have read that questioned the use of quercetin and bioperine to enhance bioavailability and absorption. LEF’s curcumin with bioperine made my stomach churn something awful, and it did nothing for my hair (though, I wasn’t taking it with resveratrol at the time).

Perhaps curcumin and resveratrol work synergistically to enhance the bioavailability and absorption in both.

» » TN…I know when it was posted. Today. If you go there now w/out changing
» » your time zone etc(which I’m assuming you can do if you’re
» » registered/logged in)…you’ll see “Current date/time is Mon Jul 20,
» » 4:00 am” Which it is not.
» »
» » On the quercetin and piperine…I dunno. I guess you could ask why they
» » didn’t go with phytosomes…or liposomes…or why a company that also
» » probably has “everything at their disposal”- Longevinex…used quercetin.
»
» »
» » I personally would probably go with one of the liposomal ones…or that
» » Reverse product.
»
» Jacob, you should know that time, itself, is a very subjective entity.
» What is Sunday July 19 11:31 p.m. or 6:31 p.m. to you could
» very well be Monday July 20 for someone else, say me, for example,
» on business and pleasure in an Asian country.
»
» It was posted yesterday.
»
» The point is that Nidhogge’s is not the first post that I have read that
» questioned the use of quercetin and bioperine to enhance bioavailability
» and absorption. LEF’s curcumin with bioperine made my stomach churn
» something awful, and it did nothing for my hair (though, I wasn’t taking it
» with resveratrol at the time).
»
» Perhaps curcumin and resveratrol work synergistically to enhance the
» bioavailability and absorption in both.

TN…the problem is…the time I’m going by is the time that shows it was posted “today”. Not only that…but I was there prior to my posting about these companies(I’m mainly referring to Swanson’s and the liposomal ones) to see if these had been discussed- his posts were not there. I come back later- he had like 6 new ones- the last 6 posts had “nidhogge” at the end. Including the one you posted here.

Again…check out the phytosome and liposomal ones…if you’re worried about quercetin.

» TN…the problem is…the time I’m going by is the time that shows it was
» posted “today”. Not only that…but I was there prior to my posting about
» these companies(I’m mainly referring to Swanson’s and the liposomal ones)
» to see if these had been discussed- his posts were not there. I come back
» later- he had like 6 new ones- the last 6 posts had “nidhogge” at the end.
» Including the one you posted here.
»
» Again…check out the phytosome and liposomal ones…if you’re worried about
» quercetin.

Well, now I am totally confused. But it doesn’t matter. The posts and links that you’ve provided here have a lot of good information. I will definitely look into the liposomal ones.

When you have the time (no pun intended), update your signature. I am sure many here would like to see what internals you’ve been taking these days.

TN

»
» Well, now I am totally confused. But it doesn’t matter. The posts and
» links that you’ve provided here have a lot of good information. I will
» definitely look into the liposomal ones.
»
» When you have the time (no pun intended), update your signature. I am
» sure many here would like to see what internals you’ve been taking these
» days.
»
» TN

Well there is a point to my madness on who posted what first(I went back and I did post about these products some time ago…and btw, all of them mentioned so far are made by the same company, just different labels)…but I see you’re not drinking the koolaid over at IH’s site…if you know what I mean…so I’ll leave it at that for now. On a similar note…can you imagine if that Reverse product was put out by Primordial Performance? Or if it was in the top 6? I’ll behave…

I’ll update my sig by tonight.

» Dang edit won’t work after 15 mins…eh? :no:
»
» Was going to ask if there is a reason why Longevinex isn’t being
» used…besides maybe the price.
» http://www.longevinex.com/resveratrol.asp?story=Ingredients

Until you posted it, I had never heard of Reverse resveratrol. Looks good.

Longevinex has been around for years, though. I learned and posted about it several months ago. I didn’t read about any WOW! testimonies, however, if I recall correctly. Still, the product does look superior to others, at least on paper. I would like to test it out in the near future.

It is expensive, though.

As you’ll read in the link provided, posters at imminst.org believed product B to be Nature’s Way’s Resveratrol, which looks as good as Longevinex, at a cheaper price. Apparently, the posters started buying them up. And, at the time, iHerb.com was sold out.

iHerb has since restocked them, I believe.

TN

Hey Natural…

Ive been reading this thread along with another one you started… It seems that you are very well versed in the natural products part of this business so i thought id ask you a question…

Propecia/Proscar are DHT blockers but with side effects (which is what is holding me back from taking anything)if im not mistaken such as a lowered sex drive…

Is there a Natural DHT blocker that exists taht doesnt come with these type of side effects?

Also, what other natural stuff is a good idea to take in well balanced hair loss/prevention regiment?

Cheers

MoM