So that everybody could find out about follica through me, I ran the experiment fairly close to the vest. Here are the details.
Last Monday night at about 9:00 PM, I abraded the frontal area UNDER my NW 3 hairline.
I had taken cyclosporin that morning (150 mgs). Cyclosporin’s presence in serum is markedly increased by drinking grapefruit juice (suprisingly tasty) by a factor of probably 2-to-3. I took divided doses of 50 mgs of cyclo (one in the morning, one at night), thereafter. This should equate to approximately 200-300 mgs per day, which is about the dosage given to psoriasis patients.
On Saturday night, 5 days post-wounding, I started taking about 2/3 a getfitinib tablet. Getfitinib is metabolized by the same enzyme that cyclosporin is (some CYA34-something-or-other), and its serum presence will be increased by drinking grapefruit juice (as many drugs serum percentage is increased by it also). I still was taking cyclosporin at this time.
I took both cyclo and getfitnib together for four days (Nine days of immuno-suppression). I was then out of cyclo, but took getfitinib one day beyond that, and will again (last time) tonight. That will be nearly 8 days of getfitnib). I have taken oral doses of lithium chloride on Monday, Wednsday, and Thursday (basically a pinch of the stuff).
I did not shampoo my hair from Monday before the wounding, until the NEXT Tuesday morning before work. This was approximately 8.5 days post wounding. I intended to only get the back of my head wet and not to let water hit the abraded area. To my dismay, some of my wet hair fell on what would have been the abraded area. I hope there was no intereference with the experiment here. It was an “oops” moment. Im going to wash my hair Saturday, because that will have been 12 full days since the wounding. Ive not allowed my abraded area to get wet since Tuesday morning. The only other time that excessive moisture might have impeded the goings-on in the abraded area is the steam from the shower touching it. This is a concern. Sunday morning, I actually thought about this and started wearing a baseball cap in the shower to lessen any moisture getting to touch my frontal scalp. I hope it helped.So in conclusion I took cyclosporin internally, getfitinib internally, and pretty much didn't let any water touch the abraded area until at least 8 days past-the wound date. If I abraded deeply enough (I abraded in several quarter-sized wounds all over the frontal scalp), I SHOULD get something. If I don't, its my conclusion that we will simply have to wait on follica as I eliminated about every variable I could think of. It SUCKED going around with oily-hair for almost two weeks. I used a fine tooth comb (which I washed every night) to comb through my hair and physically remove as much oil as possible. I avoided any food with quercetin in it after three days in the experiment for fear of inhibiting wnt (no tea, apples, onions, etc.). I can't think of anything I left out. I used minoxidil ON THE TOP of my head, and below the abraded area (not touching it) on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, and Thursday nights).
So…I hope this gets it tried for all of us. If it doesn’t work on me, we will probably have to wait on Follica to be honest. I’d be willing to try it again if one of you guys has success growing something using various naturals and topicals, but for myself…I dont think Im willing to fool with it again. Ive had much LESS side effects this time, and only a couple of acne lesions (my nose is pretty inflammed right now though) from the getfitinib. The Cyclosporin will make you tired, which is why many people give up on cyclosporin. Ive had some diarreaha with the getfitinib, which I expected. I did use some TCA peels on the back of my neck and behind my ears on my wound date, but water had no doubt hit these areas in the shower. Any growth I got there would be considered a plus, but I wanted to see if TCA was a good wounding method. I left the 25% TCA on for exactly three minutes in these areas before washing it off.
I guess in about a month or so, I’ll know if I had any success. Other than the water mistake at 8.5 days, inusufficient amounts of cyclosporin, or if I screwed up the wounding (I doubt it, as I peeled which is good evidence of enough wounding), shower steam, perhaps sweating (I did pump iron during this time) interefering with the process are the only things I can think of that would have inhibited any hair formation.