True Dense Packing/Dr. Hasson/6119 Grafts/Two Sessions/11 Months Post-op

This local to Vancouver patient had two sessions with Dr. Hasson & team with the 2nd procedure performed eleven months ago. The patient had both the hairline reconstructed with a mature design and with high density and the crown whorl reconstructed. No concealers, no gel, no special lighting is used. Some views are so close-up and clear you can see his pores.

Do not forget to click the small window icon in the bottom right hand corner of the player to view in a larger screen.

True Dense Packing/Dr. Hasson/6119 Grafts/Two Sessions/11 Months Post-opDr. Hasson/High Density Result

Dr. Hasson/6119 Grafts/Two sessions/Strip

or on youtube

Video embedded in the post. Click the PLAY button to watch video in the post.

1_file28.flv

For the HIGH DEFINITION version of the video, please try these two links

http://www.hassonandwong.com/mediagallery/movies/chv-68-6119.flv

or on youtube

It looks amazing but that is a lot of grafts, he wasn’t even that bald

» It looks amazing but that is a lot of grafts, he wasn’t even that bald

That’s what i thought too until I saw that this guy is balding both in the front and his crown, so there is quite a bit of grounds to cover actually.

Hi Joe,

First question: how many grafts did he get in each session and do u have the haircount of both ? Any pics before the first surgery ?

Second: How big was the area u had to cover ?

Thx

Is it really necessary to use over 6000 grafts on him? he is like a NW3 to me at most.

What is the breakdown, how many grafts he had in the front vs the back, and what is the density per sq cm along the hairline?

Well its pretty obvious that dense packing is something that all clinics can do if they want to…amazingly good representation of the result also.

But what happens if the guy loses his native hair?he was the kind of guy who didnt even need a transplant just propecia and his hair would be fine(is he on propecia or avodart after the procedure by the way? i am saying this because all his hair not only the transplantet areas look so much healtheir and stronger in the after picture?)

6200 grafts sounds like a big number for this loss…what if he turns nw6?with that graft count i would say to look like he is now he will need 3-4 times that many grafts.

but i would say H&W definetely proved one thing they can do dense packing as good as anyone if not better than what others claim…amazing video by the way, pictures are worthless and many times veeeeeeeeeeeery misleading

I am not really blown away by this result. I would have thought he would have had some better coverage with that many grafts. I did check out some of the other H&W results while I was on that youtube page and thought they were excellent.

I agree. H&W has some great results but I don’t think this is one of them. Even taking into account the crown loss & refilling, it seems like too many grafts for the amount of new hair it produced.

It’s real dense-packing though, that much is for sure. That’s not an “illusion of density,” that’s just DENSITY. His final result on top/front looks thick enough for that guy to be doing shampoo commercials.

That is really really thick, he can be Elivs impersonator no problem, it’s probably thicker than he was born with, don’t you think?

Give me a break it’s not that thick at front. Cuz ironically if it were another clicic you’d be the first one criticing “too much! it’s a wall!”

The guy barely had hair anywhere. 4,000 grafts for zones 1-3 and 2,000 grafts covering vertex/crown and some of 3 again. Nice job, just wish i saw some temple closures for the amount of grafts used.

good work nonetheless.

» I agree. H&W has some great results but I don’t think this is one of them.
» Even taking into account the crown loss & refilling, it seems like too
» many grafts for the amount of new hair it produced.
»
» It’s real dense-packing though, that much is for sure. That’s not an
» “illusion of density,” that’s just DENSITY. His final result on top/front
» looks thick enough for that guy to be doing shampoo commercials.

I appreciate all the comments on this thread but some of your statements are a bit confusing if not contradictory. References were made that while the graft count seems a bit high to some of you the same posts go on to say how the density appears to be really high. High density requires high numbers because the closer you put the grafts together the more grafts are needed for coverage as well.

Mj,

“Give me a break it’s not that thick at front.”

It may actually be “that thick” but it’s hard to tell because you have not seen such clear documentation by other clinics. Because he is an adult and not a juvenile temple angle closure would not have been appropriate.

jotronic, i know it’s thick in the front, don’t misconstrue what i was trying to say. it was refered to another posters comment claiming it was so thick that it could be used in a shampoo commercial meanwhile hairlines twice as thick of the same peer would be criticised elsewhere.

I know this is a thick hairline I’m not blind. I even think it’s a great hairtransplant bud. Just keep in mind that when temle closures are possible given the amount in donor hair i think it would be a great thing to provide them to the patient.It frames the entire face and makes a difference of day and night.

Your comment, quoted, “Because he is an adult and
not a juvenile temple angle closure would not have been appropriate” is wrong. I am assuming all men above 35 that have nice natural temples hve inappropriate hairlines? George Clooney, Brad Pitt, and others are envied for such perfect hair. If the patient can’t afford it do to low number of grafts then its understanding. But if he can afford it, then give the man some temples…make him look good. You know what i mean?

»
» Mj,
»
» “Give me a break it’s not that thick at front.”
»
» It may actually be “that thick” but it’s hard to tell because you have not
» seen such clear documentation by other clinics. Because he is an adult and
» not a juvenile temple angle closure would not have been appropriate.

I am not shy to criticze, I think H&W used too many grafts for this guy, I have seen equally impressive results from them using a lot less, whose idea was it to dense pack the front, the doctor or the patient?

Mj,

I appreciate your comments and the clarification. Regarding temple closure, your examples have been brought up before. There are always exceptions to the rule, no question, but we have our take on things that has worked quite well for us.

George and Brad have great heads of hair, no question about it. The reason why their hairlines look good at their age is because they have ZERO and I mean absolutely NO thinning in the back. A great hairline only looks great as long as all angles also look great. I’ve seen some patients with closed temples, both major and minor, but with thin crowns and their profiles just don’t seem right. They seem too front heavy if that makes any sense and because of the juvenile nature of the hairline the thinning in the crown seems to send a contradictory visual.

I’ve had a few people mention Al Gore and Prince Charles during these types of debates. While they have much of the original shape of their juvenile hairlines they are very sparse as well as miniaturized due to DHT. It still looks natural whereas a transplanted hairline in similar patterns would not have the benefit of age related progression to match the top and back that these two have had.

And referencing Brad and George again, while they have those uber strong hairlines they have recessed a bit over the years. A hair transplant will not recede.

Again, we recognize that our approach may not be for everyone and different clinics have different approaches but our approach works for a lot of people and has served us very well over the years.

Totally closed temples are certainly a way to look younger. But is that always necessarily better? I don’t think so.

I wouldn’t want a NW#1.0 even if perfect HM was offered free at the welfare offices. It’s a NW#2 for me, maybe #1.5 at the lowest. I’m saying this at 30 and I felt the same way about it back when I was 20.

And as for me being biased against a certain doc, well, this is an example of why I feel the way I do. I like the final result of this patient in question much better just because he still has grownup-looking temples. It often ages much better than the true NW#1.0, especially on a caucasian.

It’s the same principle as when a man dyes ALL the grey & white out of his hair even when he’s in his 70s or 80s. Jet black hair still works on a 40 or even a 50yo guy sometimes, but in the 60s-80s . . . it just looks weird by then. It just draws attention to how incongruiously old the rest of his face looks.

People might not be looking at him thinking, “Man, his hair looks too young!” But they might very well be looking and thinking, “Man, his face sure looks old!”

Think: Ronald Reagan. His face wasn’t as old as you think you remember, it was just incongruously paired with a head of low dark hair that looked too young for it.

speaking of grey hair, I think he has the best look

Who wouldn’t want hair like that above 60??? How does that make you look oldeer? It actually gives a younger look.
I wouldnt want Anderson’s hair at age 70. But to each his own.

» Totally closed temples are certainly a way to look younger. But is that
» always necessarily better? I don’t think so.
»
»
» I wouldn’t want a NW#1.0 even if perfect HM was offered free at the
» welfare offices. It’s a NW#2 for me, maybe #1.5 at the lowest. I’m saying
» this at 30 and I felt the same way about it back when I was 20.
»
»
»
»
» And as for me being biased against a certain doc, well, this is an example
» of why I feel the way I do. I like the final result of this patient in
» question much better just because he still has grownup-looking temples. It
» often ages much better than the true NW#1.0, especially on a caucasian.
»
»
»
»
» It’s the same principle as when a man dyes ALL the grey & white out of his
» hair even when he’s in his 70s or 80s. Jet black hair still works on a 40
» or even a 50yo guy sometimes, but in the 60s-80s . . . it just looks weird
» by then. It just draws attention to how incongruiously old the rest of his
» face looks.
»
» People might not be looking at him thinking, “Man, his hair looks too
» young!” But they might very well be looking and thinking, “Man, his face
» sure looks old!”
»
» Think: Ronald Reagan. His face wasn’t as old as you think you remember,
» it was just incongruously paired with a head of low dark hair that looked
» too young for it.

» Who wouldn’t want hair like that above 60??? How does that make you look
» oldeer? It actually gives a younger look.
» I wouldnt want Anderson’s hair at age 70. But to each his own.

Reagan dyed his hair for sure, you are right, to each his own, I don’t like Reagan’s hair, too thick and too fake because of hair dye, I don’t even need to think twice, I will pick Anderson’s hair over Reagan’s.