Trolls

While we are waiting to find out some results of Acell, Follica Home Experiments, ect… it appears that we will be visited by many trolls. It’s ironic that they want to give us a “dose of reality” when most of us know that there are no guarantees with this research. Somehow, they are very confident it won’t work. They seem to be the only ones making any guarantee. What is it that they want? Why do they come here? We finally have doctors testing a product that is already on the market for human use and they criticize that. They criticize any optimism towards anything reguarding a solution for hair loss. They have also criticized me for attempting to start some sort of organization that would raise money for hairloss research. Basically, they want to sit around and do absolutely nothing to help themselves and come here to antagonize people. The best thing to do would be to ignore these people and hopefully they would get bored and go away and lead their pathetic existence somewhere else. Here are a few quotes of what I’m talking about:

Reguarding Starting a Consortium with the Interest of Hair Loss Research:

This may be the dumbest thread to ever grace the HM forum (Hair Multiplication & Research)
posted by fckhrls, 31.03.2008, 03:24

God this place has gone down hill. There are 3 people who should be allowed to post here. Benji, Bryan, and Rev. These are the only guys who actually talk about and know the science, and they are the only ones I’ve ever learned anything from about HM. This type of day-dream crap should be moved to off-topic immediately.

Negative Attitudes (Hair Multiplication & Research)
posted by fckhrls, 31.03.2008, 05:43

If a cure can be found, there will be a multi-billion dollar market for it. Do you not think that the prospect of such a market is enough to motivate research? If not, do you think a couple thousand dollars from an ad-hoc conglomerate on an obscure web forum will?

You guys are seriously, seriously screwed in the head. There is a lot more wrong with you people than your hairloss.

Please, please, PLEASE leave this foum so those who want to chat about HM can do so without having to wade through this crap.

Reguarding Acell:

please everyone stop talking about ACELL (Hair Multiplication & Research)
posted by baldbaby, 05.07.2008, 15:07

someone on this board, maybe a bunch of people, have been making posts about something called Acell, for a long time here.

i think this is very misguided, and i’ll tell you why.

this company Acell has made no public indication that they’re seriously interested in helping men with mpb.

maybe i’m missing something, but they have not announced anything on their corporate website.

this is a company that specialized in VETERINARY medicine!

to attribute anything to them in the way of a potential cure or treatment for mpb is just the wildest kind of speculation.

one or two posts here indicating an interest in the technology or perhaps potential future applications in mpb would be justified, but people making daily or weekly posts with “Acell” in the subject line is just misleading if YOU think there is an application for mpb, that’s just YOUR opinion, and you shouldn’t mislead people here into thinking that this company is one of the “players” in coming up with a serious mpb treatment.

they are NOT one of the players. they are involved in VETERINARY MEDICINE, for god’s sake…

please stop misleading people with these endless posts about “Acell”…

yeah, yeah, yeah, i know, one of you contacted the company and discussed potential applications of their technology in mpb, and one of the scientist there may have said something positive…

but that is a far cry from Acell actually developing some technology that can help us just think of what they would have to do if they wanted to get into the mpb cure biz…

they would have to formulate a whole new biz plan… years…

they would have to hire a bunch of brand new scientists who specialize in mpb and human hair science… LOTS OF MONEY THEY PROBABLY DON’T HAVE… and they would have to raise this money from investors… more TIME

they would have to go to big investors to get the trials financed… MORE TIME AND MONEY… YEARS…

they would have to make an application with the fda… MORE TIME AND MONEY…

i just don’t understand why some people here want to mislead people about some “Acell” fantasies, when this company is about as likely to go into the mpb business as say, Archer Daniels Midland, Toyota or Google

Dr. Jones will be using Acell’s ECM products for strip scars repair (Hair Multiplication & Research)
posted by Sceptic, 30.07.2008, 17:11

See my response to Mr. Blah, Willy, the problem is that when somebody don’t agree with you the believers, then you become very uncomfortable and aggressive and then you start your nonsenses and childish and old typical remarks … Listen to this, if you like it or not : Acell is a joke ( for hair disorders, I mean ) … yes, a joke, you can call one, two, or a million doctors, it will be the same … it’s a joke, it’s not their purpose/indication to cure this cosmetic disease. Follica is another kind of thing, and I have a lot of doubts about it, but it is indicated for hair loss/growth, not to mention HM, which is real science with a lot of background behind it, but it looks that things are slower that we’d liked, don’t you think, willy ?

These are just a few samples. I’ve already wasted too much time finding these posts but there are many more. There are also several more forum members who I would consider to be trolls. They come here seeking attention and take the opposite stance on everything discussed in the forum.

So basically, trolls are people who disagree with you or otherwise do not share your blind enthusiastic optimism for every cure-of-the-week. That’s exactly the kind of rational, objective definition one would expect from you and the other cheerleaders on this board.

What was your position on ICX? Were you a believer?

Please Willy!
Not listening to the trolls and make your great job!
I’m glad you’re here in this forum;-)

We thank you!

Some of you just want a forum that attracts all cutting-edge & unconfirmed ideas about everything you’re interested in, but simultaneously keeps out the 85% of all those ideas that you don’t personally agree with.

You’ll have to create & moderate your own forum if you want that.

If you wanna coexist with a public forum, then learn to withstand wading through some ideas that seem silly to you. I promise you’ll survive it.

» Some of you just want a forum that attracts all cutting-edge & unconfirmed
» ideas about everything you’re interested in, but simultaneously keeps out
» the 85% of all those ideas that you don’t personally agree with.
»
» You’ll have to create & moderate your own forum if you want that.
»
»
»
»
» If you wanna coexist with a public forum, then learn to withstand wading
» through some ideas that seem silly to you. I promise you’ll survive it.

Some people are so obsessed with their hair loss that any opinion that questions even the most preposterous theory is attacked. The idea of a cure becomes an extension of themselves, and so any logical or rational critique is treated as a personal one. They see healthy skepticism as a personal affront.

» So basically, trolls are people who disagree with you or otherwise do not
» share your blind enthusiastic optimism for every cure-of-the-week. That’s
» exactly the kind of rational, objective definition one would expect from
» you and the other cheerleaders on this board.
»
» What was your position on ICX? Were you a believer?

and if I had to choose I’d prefer to be a troll than a moron. Read this :
" … propecia was derived from proscar which was originally used for prostate cancer … ".

This guy wants to talk about hairloss research, he says … LOL !!!

This may be the dumbest thread to ever grace the HM forum (Hair Multiplication & Research)
posted by fckhrls, 31.03.2008, 03:24

God this place has gone down hill. There are 3 people who should be allowed to post here. Benji, Bryan, and Rev. These are the only guys who actually talk about and know the science, and they are the only ones I’ve ever learned anything from about HM. This type of day-dream crap should be moved to off-topic immediately.

Yeah fckhrls, it sounds like I’m the one who can’t tolerate views & suggestions that I don’t rank as important or correct enough to be worthy of allowing on here.

» Some people are so obsessed with their hair loss that any opinion that
» questions even the most preposterous theory is attacked. The idea of a
» cure becomes an extension of themselves, and so any logical or rational
» critique is treated as a personal one. They see healthy skepticism as a
» personal affront.

Whatever man.

You think healthy skepticism involves: plagiarizing our original concerns over Acell, twisting the facts, ignoring key details from our converstions, than accusing anyone that call’s you out as “nuts”. If that doesn’t deserve a “lifetime troll achievement award” than it definitely deserves accreditation in the “suckubus hall of shame”

» » Some people are so obsessed with their hair loss that any opinion that
» » questions even the most preposterous theory is attacked. The idea of a
» » cure becomes an extension of themselves, and so any logical or rational
» » critique is treated as a personal one. They see healthy skepticism as
» a
» » personal affront.
»
» Whatever man.
»
» You think healthy skepticism involves: plagiarizing our original
» concerns over Acell, twisting the facts, ignoring key details from our
» converstions, than accusing anyone that call’s you out as “nuts”. If that
» doesn’t deserve a “lifetime troll achievement award” than it definitely
» deserves accreditation in the “suckubus hall of shame”
»
»
»
»

Twisting facts? Ignoring details? I’ll ask again (the fourth time?): provide one shred of scientific evidence that suggests Acell has any relevancy to human hair loss. Just one piece. Don’t show me pictures of animals who already regularly regenerate their FUR naturally. Don’t show me a picture of a man’s finger tip that he would have regrown without Acell. Just provide me with one bit of data that justify the endless Acell hysteria that has gripped this board.

“Whatever man”…

» Twisting facts? Ignoring details? I’ll ask again (the fourth time?):
» provide one shred of scientific evidence that suggests Acell has any
» relevancy to human hair loss. Just one piece. Don’t show me pictures of
» animals who already regularly regenerate their FUR naturally. Don’t show
» me a picture of a man’s finger tip that he would have regrown without
» Acell. Just provide me with one bit of data that justify the endless Acell
» hysteria that has gripped this board.
»
» “Whatever man”…

It’s 1980; show me one shred of scientific evidence Propecia affects hairloss.

BTW. Stop shoving that “animal fur model” argument down my throat; I’m choking on the mother-effing fur ball. I was disproving Acell animal models months before you decided to make it a mainstay of your troll campaign. It’s one of those “key details” you decided to ignore, so you can sound smarter

» » Twisting facts? Ignoring details? I’ll ask again (the fourth time?):
» » provide one shred of scientific evidence that suggests Acell has any
» » relevancy to human hair loss. Just one piece. Don’t show me pictures
» of
» » animals who already regularly regenerate their FUR naturally. Don’t
» show
» » me a picture of a man’s finger tip that he would have regrown without
» » Acell. Just provide me with one bit of data that justify the endless
» Acell
» » hysteria that has gripped this board.
» »
» » “Whatever man”…
»
»
» It’s 1980; show me one shred of scientific evidence Propecia affects
» hairloss.
»
» BTW. Stop shoving that “animal fur model” argument down my throat; I’m
» choking on the mother-effing fur ball. I was disproving Acell animal models
» months before you decided to make it a mainstay of your troll campaign.
» It’s one of those “key details” you decided to ignore, so you can sound
» smarter
»
»
»

So I’ll take that to mean that you have no data at all, and that you can’t even justify your own hysteria.

He just thinks it wont work and has some serious reasons why he thinks so … heres what fckhrls found on the net:

“The phenomenon of fingertip regeneration in humans was initially described for children, but later shown to extend to adults. For both children and adults, regeneration of the fingertip involves the integrated regeneration of many tissues, including nail matrix, nail bed, finger pulp, sensory organs, dermis and epidermis, all of which reform to a normal or near normal cosmetic and physiological state through healing by secondary intention. Animal models for digit tip regeneration in adults demonstrate distal bone growth associated with a regeneration response. There also several documented instances of regeneration of the distal phalangeal element of the toe following traumatin injury or voluntary resection to relieve hammer toe, thus, it would appear that the regenerative capabilities in human limbs includes the tips of both fingers and toes.”

http://course1.winona.edu/lreuter/309/ab00/Regeneratio.htm

» They have also criticized me for attempting to start some sort of organization that would raise money for
» hairloss research.

And how’s that organization working? Raised a couple million so far?

» He just thinks it wont work and has some serious reasons why he thinks so
» … heres what fckhrls found on the net:
»
» “The phenomenon of fingertip regeneration in humans was initially
» described for children, but later shown to extend to adults. For both
» children and adults, regeneration of the fingertip involves the integrated
» regeneration of many tissues, including nail matrix, nail bed, finger pulp,
» sensory organs, dermis and epidermis, all of which reform to a normal or
» near normal cosmetic and physiological state through healing by secondary
» intention. Animal models for digit tip regeneration in adults demonstrate
» distal bone growth associated with a regeneration response. There also
» several documented instances of regeneration of the distal phalangeal
» element of the toe following traumatin injury or voluntary resection to
» relieve hammer toe, thus, it would appear that the regenerative
» capabilities in human limbs includes the tips of both fingers and toes.”
»
» http://course1.winona.edu/lreuter/309/ab00/Regeneratio.htm

Here’s another exerpt from an article in Scientific American:

“One of the most encouraging signs that human limb regeneration is a feasible goal is the fact that our fingertips already have an intrinsic ability to regenerate. This observation was made first in young children more than 30 years ago, but since then similar findings have been reported in teenagers and even adults. Fostering regeneration in a fingertip amputation injury is apparently as simple as cleaning the wound and covering it with a simple dressing. If allowed to heal naturally, the fingertip restores its contour, fingerprint and sensation and undergoes a varying degree of lengthening. The success of this conservative treatment of fingertip amputation injuries has been documented in medical journals thousands of times. Interestingly, the alternative protocol for such injuries typically included operating to suture a skin flap over the amputation wound, a “treatment” that we now know will inhibit regeneration even in the salamander because it interferes with formation of the wound epidermis. The profound message in these reports is that human beings have inherent regenerative capabilities that, sadly, have been suppressed by some of our own traditional medical practices.”

Humans can regrow their fingertips all on their own, just as horses and dogs regrow fur all on their own.

» So I’ll take that to mean that you have no data at all, and that you can’t
» even justify your own hysteria.

MY HYSTERIA? Nice try troll.

» » So I’ll take that to mean that you have no data at all, and that you
» can’t
» » even justify your own hysteria.
»
» MY HYSTERIA? Nice try troll.
»
»

Another non-answer.

» » They have also criticized me for attempting to start some sort of
» organization that would raise money for
» » hairloss research.
»
» And how’s that organization working? Raised a couple million so far?

How’s the “I’m leaving hairsite” going? Did you leave yet?

» » » They have also criticized me for attempting to start some sort of
» » organization that would raise money for
» » » hairloss research.
» »
» » And how’s that organization working? Raised a couple million so far?
»
» How’s the “I’m leaving hairsite” going? Did you leave yet?
»
»
»
»

I’m still waiting for your Acell explanation…or is it “desperation”?

» He just thinks it wont work and has some serious reasons why he thinks so
» … heres what fckhrls found on the net:
»
» “The phenomenon of fingertip regeneration in humans was initially
» described for children, but later shown to extend to adults. For both
» children and adults, regeneration of the fingertip involves the integrated
» regeneration of many tissues, including nail matrix, nail bed, finger pulp,
» sensory organs, dermis and epidermis, all of which reform to a normal or
» near normal cosmetic and physiological state through healing by secondary
» intention. Animal models for digit tip regeneration in adults demonstrate
» distal bone growth associated with a regeneration response. There also
» several documented instances of regeneration of the distal phalangeal
» element of the toe following traumatin injury or voluntary resection to
» relieve hammer toe, thus, it would appear that the regenerative
» capabilities in human limbs includes the tips of both fingers and toes.”
»
» http://course1.winona.edu/lreuter/309/ab00/Regeneratio.htm

Yeah, and so what? Hanging, himself, said he regenerated a small part of his fingertip after a construction accident if I’m not mistaken. Moreso, I could rip out my fingernail with some pliers and it will grow back as well.

I’m mostly struck by the condition of that man’s fingertip… his new fingernail is growing faster than the rest. It had, essentially, rejuvenated to a “younger” state. In seems that Acell boosted the healing process; now imagine if we could apply that science to a balding scalp?

» » “The phenomenon of fingertip regeneration in humans was initially
» » described for children, but later shown to extend to adults. For both
» » children and adults, regeneration of the fingertip involves the
» integrated
» » regeneration of many tissues, including nail matrix, nail bed, finger
» pulp,
» » sensory organs, dermis and epidermis, all of which reform to a normal
» or
» » near normal cosmetic and physiological state through healing by
» secondary
» » intention. Animal models for digit tip regeneration in adults
» demonstrate
» » distal bone growth associated with a regeneration response. There also
» » several documented instances of regeneration of the distal phalangeal
» » element of the toe following traumatin injury or voluntary resection to
» » relieve hammer toe, thus, it would appear that the regenerative
» » capabilities in human limbs includes the tips of both fingers and
» toes.”
» »
» » http://course1.winona.edu/lreuter/309/ab00/Regeneratio.htm
»
» Yeah, and so what? Hanging, himself, said he regenerated a small part of
» his fingertip after a construction accident if I’m not mistaken. Moreso, I
» could rip out my fingernail with some pliers and it will grow back as well.
»
»
» I’m mostly struck by the condition of that man’s fingertip… his new
» fingernail is growing faster than the rest. It had, essentially,
» rejuvenated to a “younger” state. In seems that Acell boosted the healing
» process; now imagine if we could apply that science to a balding scalp?
»
»
»
»

So you basically ignored what that passage said. Ok. Here’s another one from Scientific American:

“One of the most encouraging signs that human limb regeneration is a feasible goal is the fact that our fingertips already have an intrinsic ability to regenerate. This observation was made first in young children more than 30 years ago, but since then similar findings have been reported in teenagers and even adults. Fostering regeneration in a fingertip amputation injury is apparently as simple as cleaning the wound and covering it with a simple dressing. If allowed to heal naturally, the fingertip restores its contour, fingerprint and sensation and undergoes a varying degree of lengthening. The success of this conservative treatment of fingertip amputation injuries has been documented in medical journals thousands of times. Interestingly, the alternative protocol for such injuries typically included operating to suture a skin flap over the amputation wound, a “treatment” that we now know will inhibit regeneration even in the salamander because it interferes with formation of the wound epidermis. The profound message in these reports is that human beings have inherent regenerative capabilities that, sadly, have been suppressed by some of our own traditional medical practices.”

There is overwhelming evidence that humans can regrow their fingertips all on their own, just as horses and dogs regrow fur all on their own. The wound that was treated with Acell is a common one, and so was his regeneration.

As I’m sure you didn’t read either passage, I’ll post this highlight:

“Fostering regeneration in a fingertip amputation injury is apparently as simple as cleaning the wound and covering it with a simple dressing. If allowed to heal naturally, the fingertip restores its contour, fingerprint and sensation and undergoes a varying degree of lengthening.”

Note that last part: “a varying degree of lengthening”. Sounds like the Acell guy’s claim of increased nail growth.

I come here with evidence from multiple, reputable soucres supporting my position. You come here with conjecture and ad hominem attacks. Who’s the troll again? I await your non-answer with baited breath.