Touch up means procedure - Will we need one if we have HT now?

The main reason others and myself will not have an hair transplant is because we are scared of what the future may hold for us.

A hair transplant may lead to having further touch ups (procedure) in the future if we lose more hair.

An Island of hair on top not touching your side hair,is probally the worse scene,but if you stay with meds you might be alright,is this correct?

If the baldness in my family usually only end up a NW5,does this make me a better candicate?

What age does hairloss stabalize or slow down usually?

Are hair transplants safe or would we be sitting on a time bomb waiting for future hairloss leading to future procedures?

Is there a certain age when we become better candicates?

These are all questions I think I know the answers to,but I will admit I might be wrong.It would be great if some of the top Doctors or their reps give us some answers.

Armani,HDC,Dr Woods,Shapiro or any other top Doctors your views are really welcome

I have been waiting for HM to happen,is there any top Doctors out there that believe it will happen or not.If we knew it would make us decide faster,what to do,perhaps.Hair transplant now or wait?

Thank in advance
BALDIE

Great questions Baldie:

It is extremely important that a long term plan is made for each patient. Planning for the future is key. To do this we do complete a medical questionnaire including mapping the scalp for miniaturization, donor evaluation, family hairloss history, blood work etc… Our scheduling process is very detailed and includes participation from your family physician.

We also discuss Propecia and Rogaine and how both are highly recommended to keep the hair that you have – prevention is the important.

Everything is laid out ‘straight’ – our philosophy etc…. If the patient decides to schedule a procedure, especially at a young age, we make it clear that a future session might be needed, as their hair loss progresses.

If a patient comes in for work in zones 1 and 2 to rebuild their hairline and close in their temples, say 3,000 grafts, they are made well aware that they may need to come back in 5-10 years down the road for an additional procedure in zones 3 and 4 if their MPB progresses to the crown and preventative medications have not been effective.

Not everyone will need an additional procedure. For many, one procedure covering the front half of the head will be enough.

Everything is discussed with our patients including the thoughts, philosophy of others, clinics etc. Our patients are some of the most educated around.

I was very well informed on this subject before I went ahead with my first procedure.

I now have an artistic hairline with temple angle closure with density that decreases towards the crown that has given me full coverage.

Pats205 than you for your responce.

I think you answered my questions spot on.I also had a look a your blog.I see you have had excellent results.

I am actually quite a lot older than you.I only need zones 1 & 2 sorted out.I seem to of retained quite a bit of zones 3 & 4,perhaps due to medication - who knows.

A thick looking NW3 would be what I’d be looking for.Armani is on my list,but not sure I’m ready yet,also exchange rate is against me at present.In other words I don’t get a lot of dollars for my pounds.

One day maybe

All the best
BALDIE

» Great questions Baldie:
»
» It is extremely important that a long term plan is made for each patient.
» Planning for the future is key. To do this we do complete a medical
» questionnaire including mapping the scalp for miniaturization, donor
» evaluation, family hairloss history, blood work etc… Our scheduling process
» is very detailed and includes participation from your family physician.
»
» We also discuss Propecia and Rogaine and how both are highly recommended
» to keep the hair that you have – prevention is the important.
»
» Everything is laid out ‘straight’ – our philosophy etc…. If the patient
» decides to schedule a procedure, especially at a young age, we make it
» clear that a future session might be needed, as their hair loss progresses.
»
»
» If a patient comes in for work in zones 1 and 2 to rebuild their hairline
» and close in their temples, say 3,000 grafts, they are made well aware that
» they may need to come back in 5-10 years down the road for an additional
» procedure in zones 3 and 4 if their MPB progresses to the crown and
» preventative medications have not been effective.
»
» Not everyone will need an additional procedure. For many, one procedure
» covering the front half of the head will be enough.
»
» Everything is discussed with our patients including the thoughts,
» philosophy of others, clinics etc. Our patients are some of the most
» educated around.
»
» I was very well informed on this subject before I went ahead with my first
» procedure.
»
» I now have an artistic hairline with temple angle closure with density
» that decreases towards the crown that has given me full coverage.

One rule, if you get a hair transplant you are locking yourself into the possibility of needing another one, sometime. Once you start down that road you can never go back, strip, FUE, Voodoo, doesn’t matter. Make sure you are prepared for this possibility before choosing a clinic.

I think what Pats & Jo have written here is pretty much the best advice you can get.
Good luck

Dan