Topical Foam version of ASCJ-9 - Trials starting soon!

»
» This is reaaally good news guys, finally we could have a foam based
» receptor destroyer without the sides. If this works out, screw propecia &
» minox! :slight_smile:

I agree that this may end up being a nice alternative to Finasteride (and even Dutasteride), but could it replace Minoxodil? From what I understand, Minox is not an antiadro, and that it grows hair differently than than the antiandros (not that they do that well, mind you). The antiandros are more to keep what you have, and Minox can actually grow more hair for some people.

It wouldn’t be a minox replacement. Minox is regrowth without any loss prevention help, whereas this is loss-prevention without regrowth help.

Neosh101 is the best thing in the works that could potentially replace & improve upon minox.

Either way it still helps with “regrowth” possibilities just from HTs. If you stop most of your future loss cold in its tracks, then it leaves a lot more donor hair for HT surgeons to devote to the same lost area you still have.

» I agree that this may end up being a nice alternative to Finasteride (and
» even Dutasteride), but could it replace Minoxodil? From what I understand,
» Minox is not an antiadro, and that it grows hair differently than than the
» antiandros (not that they do that well, mind you). The antiandros are more
» to keep what you have, and Minox can actually grow more hair for some
» people.

True it won’t, my post was aimed at the newly balding people. Usually everyone tells them to go for the big 3. If ASCJ works then they probably don’t need to go on the big 3, just start applying ASCJ daily. For slick bald and moderaly bald, minox does very little (and i’ve tried it) and personally I think that its just not worth the time & effort i.e. Rub it twice everyday, it smells like a cheap cologne and the day you stop applying it the regrowth goes away.

» - androgen level in serum was Not affected in ASCJ-9-treated Fuzzy
» rats.

What is the verdict on spiro for this? I took finasteride for about a year and it had a severe auto-immune effect on me - I got auto immune hepatitis which took me about 2 years to get off the meds.

I tried topical spiro while closely monitoring my liver enzyme levels (ALT, AST) and found that they increased in direct response. I have heard people say that topical spiro has no effect on the rest of the body but I can definitely say that isnt the case.

» » - androgen level in serum was Not affected in ASCJ-9-treated Fuzzy
» » rats.

»
» What is the verdict on spiro for this?

Not really sure what you mean by this…spiro and ASCJ-9 have a completely different method of action. As of sides from spiro, those are probably due to it’s systemic absorption.

This is not really the cure we are hoping for. We want something that is cell based.

the problem is, if they just start phase II it will need about 5 years to market.

neosh101 needs 3 or more years too.

i know that because phase III of minoxidil foam needed 3 years until minox foam came to market. we can assume that these two new meds need the same time.

or they skip phase III but i dont think so.

Of course the TRUE systemic answer can never be known for sure until this stuff is on the market. All we know is that they’re saying there’s none, so the systemic effect is probably very low at worst.

This stuff isn’t comparable to Spiro or any other topical AA that we already have. All those things work to get rid of the androgens, whereas this stuff works to get rid of the androgen receptors themselves.

The missing/damaged androgens won’t be there to help fuel MPB, and the remaining androgens probably won’t even know the difference. Each individual remaining AR would have at least a normal supply of available androgens to stimulate it, if not more. So this stuff probably won’t build any tolerance or raised sensitivity to compensate for its effects, because this time we’re sabotaging the body’s sensors themselves.

This stuff isn’t that far off. ASC-J9 should be deep into phase#2 trials for the acne application now, if they’re not already about to conclude phase#2.

Technically the MPB-directed application of ASC-J9 isn’t coming very soon. But I doubt that’s gonna stop very many serious MPB fighters like us. The acne application would chemically do the same thing that we need it for (and ASC knows it).

» This stuff isn’t that far off. ASC-J9 should be deep into phase#2 trials
» for the acne application now, if they’re not already about to conclude
» phase#2.

The second cohort will finish this month and they will have all the trial data by the end of the next month.

» Technically the MPB-directed application of ASC-J9 isn’t coming very soon.

Its the same thing except for the delivery vehicle, for acne its cream and for mpg its foam. Even on their website they have listed Acne/MPB together on the pipeline status chart.

»
» Its the same thing except for the delivery vehicle, for acne its cream and
» for mpg its foam. Even on their website they have listed Acne/MPB together
» on the pipeline status chart.

That will limit the off-label use. Applying a cream to one’s head (if you still have hair) will be difficult. But those that are slick bald will be able to use the cream and given an early indication of its effectiveness.

» That will limit the off-label use. Applying a cream to one’s head (if you
» still have hair) will be difficult. But those that are slick bald will be
» able to use the cream and given an early indication of its effectiveness.

Now that I actually thought about it…it doesn’t make sense to require extra time for trials just because the delivery vehicle is different. I just looked at the phase-III for rogaine foam and from what I can find they only did phase-III for rogaine foam(no phase-II or I), and it was only 9 months long.

Btw, I do shave my head so cream is perfectly fine for me.

» » That will limit the off-label use. Applying a cream to one’s head (if
» you
» » still have hair) will be difficult. But those that are slick bald will
» be
» » able to use the cream and given an early indication of its
» effectiveness.
»
» Now that I actually thought about it…it doesn’t make sense to require
» extra time for trials just because the delivery vehicle is different. I
» just looked at the phase-III for rogaine foam and from what I can find they
» only did phase-III for rogaine foam(no phase-II or I), and it was only 9
» months long.
»
» Btw, I do shave my head so cream is perfectly fine for me.

Lets hope it works out. I think a lot of us are so focused an HM and its promised “magic bullet” cure that we don’t pay enough attention to some of these other, bridge protocols. If a good topical antiandro hits the market, it should be enough to help most of a new generation of hairloss sufferers from going bald. That in and of itself could be considered a “cure” (even though it won’t help those that have lost their hair). In any event, these types of treatments can help us while we wait for HM to finally fulfill its promise (if it ever does).

» » » That will limit the off-label use. Applying a cream to one’s head (if
» » you
» » » still have hair) will be difficult. But those that are slick bald
» will
» » be
» » » able to use the cream and given an early indication of its
» » effectiveness.
» »
» » Now that I actually thought about it…it doesn’t make sense to require
» » extra time for trials just because the delivery vehicle is different. I
» » just looked at the phase-III for rogaine foam and from what I can find
» they
» » only did phase-III for rogaine foam(no phase-II or I), and it was only
» » months long.
» »
» » Btw, I do shave my head so cream is perfectly fine for me.
»
» Lets hope it works out. I think a lot of us are so focused an HM and its
» promised “magic bullet” cure that we don’t pay enough attention to some of
» these other, bridge protocols. If a good topical antiandro hits the
» market, it should be enough to help most of a new generation of hairloss
» sufferers from going bald. That in and of itself could be considered a
» “cure” (even though it won’t help those that have lost their hair). In any
» event, these types of treatments can help us while we wait for HM to
» finally fulfill its promise (if it ever does).

good news!