Topical Foam version of ASCJ-9 - Trials starting soon!

Link to Document

For lazy people, important points from the document below:

i) Phase-II trial (for acne) to finish in June 2008
ii) Phase-II trial of foam based ASCJ-9 for Androgentic Alopecia in men starts in Q4 this year!
i) Androscience is coming up with a new website (which is also a hint that they are getting ready for the real deal)

I’m absolutely positively 100% sure that they’ve got good results from phase-II trials for acne and thats why they are proceeding with foam based trials for androgentic alopecia (hairloss).

This is reaaally good news guys, finally we could have a foam based receptor destroyer without the sides. If this works out, screw propecia & minox! :slight_smile:

» Link
» to Document

»
» For lazy people, important points from the document below:
»
» i) Phase-II trial (for acne) to finish in June 2008
» ii) Phase-II trial of foam based ASCJ-9 for Androgentic Alopecia in men
» starts in Q4 this year!

» i) Androscience is coming up with a new website (which is also a hint that
» they are getting ready for the real deal)
»
» I’m absolutely positively 100% sure that they’ve got good results from
» phase-II trials for acne and thats why they are proceeding with foam based
» trials for androgentic alopecia (hairloss).
»
» This is reaaally good news guys, finally we could have a foam based
» receptor destroyer without the sides. If this works out, screw propecia &
» minox! :slight_smile:

Ive followed this company’s development of a curcumoid-based anti-androgen also. Curcumin is very anti-androgenic on hamster flank organs, but doesnt have that effect internally, making it a potentially great topical anti-androgen, if it didn’t stain. Androscience has extracted the effective anti-adrogen component of curcumin without the yellow stain and smell supposedly. This really could be like taking finasteride and using RU58841 at the same time. I understand that even receptor expression seems to degrade with topical curcumoids as well as receptor blockage and potent alpha five reductase inhibition. I hope it works well and absorbs in the correct level of the human dermis. If they can get it to the follicle level, its pretty much academic. It will work if it “gets there”, “stays there” and isn’t too rapidly metabolized.

This is the kind of indication, side-effect free-, that could help us keep HM/Follica/Acell created hair in the future. It should also help young men never lose their hair to begin with, which is great for them.

Hoping for their success.

YESSS!

I’ve also been following this one closely. Great to hear that it is probably moving forward soon.

This drug + mild amounts of oral Fin + mild topical AA . . . it might be damn near Dutasteride-level effects on the scalp skin itself. It should up there with anything that can be done with high-dosage oral Finasteride today.

If this stuff works as well as it looks like it might, then we’re in high cotton. Unlike ANY previous androgen inhibitors so far, I don’t see how the body could adjust for the effect of this one with raised sensitivity to anything. The drug is destroying the androgen sensors themselves.

The only thing the body could do is maybe raise the androgen levels themselves. But that’s a move that should be regulated by the androgen levels elsewhere in the body. As long as this stuff isn’t going systemic then we’re in business.

» This drug + mild amounts of oral Fin + mild topical AA . . . it might be
» damn near Dutasteride-level effects on the scalp skin itself. It should up
» there with anything that can be done with high-dosage oral Finasteride
» today.

I doubt you’d need internal DHT inhibitors at all. Since this drug targets androgen receptors in scalp/follicles it should effectively take care of scalp itching, excess sebum, thinning (may even restore some hair like finas does), and you get to keep your pe*is!

» This is the kind of indication, side-effect free-, that could help us keep
» HM/Follica/Acell created hair in the future. It should also help young men
» never lose their hair to begin with, which is great for them.

Exactly…that’s what I’ve always liked about it as well i.e. topical, local & potent. The best thing is that they have decided to go with a foam version which means guys with full head of hair can start using it without creating a mess. And for bald people like me we don’t have to worry about going on finas after Follica. If Follica & ASCJ-9 work, they both should be on the market next year.

Also, I read somewhere(on another forum) that we won’t have to apply it daily…does that make sense? I’m not really sure about how often androgen receptors get recycled, if it’s few days then we may just need to apply it once or twice a week only!

looks like cool stuff. if this and neosh101 are a success then guys who still have (thinning) hair dont need HM or follica for a few more years.

thx for posting and lets hope its a success.

Dr. Lee’s take on ASCJ-9:

http://www.morphollica.com/hairloss_experts/answer648.php

(Note: the link also has a pic of Dr.Lee, in case you are interested)

ASCJ is synthesized from a natural product and promotes the degradation of endogenous androgen receptors. This pharmacological mechanism differs completely from all currently available anti-androgens. In laboratory tests, topically applied testosterone induced inhibition of the hair cycle progression with prolongation of the telogen phase 50% of the time in the mouse model. Whereas anagen conversion was achieved in 100% of the mice given testosterone followed with ASCJ-9. The researchers concluded, “These preliminary observations suggest that ASCJ-9 is a potential candidate for effective and safe topical treatment of acne and male pattern baldness.”

» Link
» to Document

»
» For lazy people, important points from the document below:
»
» i) Phase-II trial (for acne) to finish in June 2008
» ii) Phase-II trial of foam based ASCJ-9 for Androgentic Alopecia in men
» starts in Q4 this year!

» i) Androscience is coming up with a new website (which is also a hint that
» they are getting ready for the real deal)
»
» I’m absolutely positively 100% sure that they’ve got good results from
» phase-II trials for acne and thats why they are proceeding with foam based
» trials for androgentic alopecia (hairloss).
»
» This is reaaally good news guys, finally we could have a foam based
» receptor destroyer without the sides. If this works out, screw propecia &
» minox! :slight_smile:

Great find! Thanks!

I doubt it will be twice as good as propecia but still, good thing that there is going to be at least something in the next 3 years probably (acne treatment that many will start to use on the scalp)

For years there have been a couple of great medications that reliably annihilate almost 100% the DHT in your scalp.

And for years we’ve been taking small fractions of those dosages because the side effects are so bad.

Anybody want to try it now?

» Anybody want to try it now?
» http://www.caymanchem.com/app/template/Product.vm/catalog/10009986/a/z

I actually wanted to go ahead with it but then I noticed that the storage temperature for it is -20C, which makes it quite hard to manage. Few people mentioned pricing: 1mg @ $10.00…which isn’t much because if you look at the % in androscience trials its like 0.001…so even 1mg would last quite a lot.

I know that ASCJ-9’s safety profile is good…Once they announce phase-II results (next month) and if the results are good…I would definitely make my own!

Where did you find that the storage temperature is -20? How could they release this as a product if that were true?

» Where did you find that the storage temperature is -20? How could they
» release this as a product if that were true?

http://www.caymanchem.com/app/template/Product.vm/catalog/10009986/tab/data/a/z

its also shipped in wet-ice!

I just went through the study, In experiments:

• it reduced half-life of ARs from over 24 hours to 13 hours
  • androgen level in serum was Not affected in ASCJ-9-treated Fuzzy rats.
  • 0.001% formation was applied twice daily

hi all

im fairly new here

can someone explain in laymans terms what ASCJ9 is

thanks

looks like topical anti androgen a sort of what spiro does. Spir binds to androgen receptors and blocks them. This seems to somehow destroy them (they are being re-created by your body, so you will need to keep taking it).

It probably will not give you your hair back where you are slick bald but It could help you maintain what you have and slow down your progression.

thanks but why is it in this form

They basically took the natural stuff in Circumin/Tumeric and then concentrated/boosted the living hell out of it. (It’s designed from naturally-occurring herbs but I sure wouldn’t call it a “natural” substance.)

Nobody makes their chemicals needing to be stored that cold just for the fun of it. It must have been necessary to deal with the stuff in research form.

I’m not losing any sleep over the temperature issue.

They’ve been openly planning to make a topical acne cream out of this stuff for several years now, and you can’t sell that if it has to be stored twice as cold as any domestic freezer can get. By the time it gets to commercial market, they’ll have it working at normal temperatures somehow.

» thanks but why is it in this form

Its the only forum people read regularly, so most discussions about any new treatments end up here.

Why you all think it will be sideffects free?All the other topical antiandrogens have sides why not this one also?Maybe we are overoptimistic.

» Why you all think it will be sideffects free?All the other topical
» antiandrogens have sides why not this one also?Maybe we are overoptimistic.

read my previous post again…the line in bold