Topical Anti-Androgens

Can anyone name some really good topical anti-androgens?

the only ones that come to mind are

spiro
fluridil
RU
Keto 2%

how effective is each one of the above?

fluridil < keto < spiro < RU

Keto is underrated IMHO. I think it’s just because they sell it as a dandruff shampoo rather than a designated MPB product. It is a mild AA but also seems to do some growth stimulation too.

» fluridil < keto < spiro < RU
»
»
» Keto is underrated IMHO. I think it’s just because they sell it as a
» dandruff shampoo rather than a designated MPB product. It is a mild AA but
» also seems to do some growth stimulation too.

thnx cal im glad im not the only one that thinks so.
i didnt know spiro was a better aa than keto though because of the mixed reviews of topical spiro compared to oral.

is flutimide easier to purchase and apply than ru?

I’m sorry for asking this question guys, but could someone please explain to me how exactly to topical anti-androgens work?

Finasteride/Dutasteride are oral anti-androgen pills.

The oral pills are targeting specific androgens but the topical AAs generally work against all androgens including Testosterone. (This is good for your hair but bad for side effects.)

The ideal topical AA would be one that works strongly on the skin but weakly when it goes systemic (the rest of the body.) This has been difficult to achieve. Right now there is no single perfect topical AA product, just a bunch of different things with varying effects.

» Can anyone name some really good topical anti-androgens?
»
» the only ones that come to mind are
»
» spiro
» fluridil
» RU
» Keto 2%
»
» how effective is each one of the above?

There is not a ‘most effective’ it is which one works best for you. Be careful with Ketonazole though, it is generally fine for most people but it can have some awful side effects to do with lowering of your testosterone, which you just wouldn’t expect from something as seemingly harmless as a shampoo, see
http://www.retaining-hair-health.com/2009/12/nizoral-ketonazole-shampoo.html

I used Niz for a while, but after a couple of years I started getting symptoms of low testosterone which include things like weight gain, short temperedness as well as the obvious lowered libido. It can also affect your sleep. It took me years to realise that Nizoral was causing it, but fortunately things pretty much went back to normal after a few weeks of not using it.

I’m not saying don’t use Niz, just be aware of the potential risks and stop using it if the side effects happen to you.