I know this is naive, but I thought some new treatment would have been on the market by now. I am 25 - almost 26 - and I have been following this forum since I was 20. The newer, better treatments were supposed to be coming in ‘a few years’. Where are they?

No one on this forum should believe that the newer better treatments are only a couple of years away. you will just drive yourself crazy.

5-6 years ago the companies were just starting on the FDA trials process. The process takes 10 years. They were lying through their teeth at the time when they made claims of “just a few years.”

For the same reason, I think Folica is lying through its teeth right now when they made a “possibly 3 years” promise. They are 10+ years away.

And for this reason I also think Aderans actually is within 5 years of the market, barring any more problems. They are more than 5 years into the process with no signs of trouble.

» 5-6 years ago the companies were just starting on the FDA trials process.
» The process takes 10 years. They were lying through their teeth at the
» time when they made claims of “just a few years.”
»
» For the same reason, I think Folica is lying through its teeth right now
» when they made a “possibly 3 years” promise. They are 10+ years away.
»
»
» And for this reason I also think Aderans actually is within 5 years of the
» market, barring any more problems. They are more than 5 years into the
» process with no signs of trouble.

I think that is a very optimistic assessment, but thank you. That helps a bit.

how many bald men have clung to blind hope till the day they die thinking a cure was just 5 years away.

» how many bald men have clung to blind hope till the day they die thinking a
» cure was just 5 years away.

“There’s many a man has more hair than wit.”
(William Shakespeare)