To Christopher01

Hey Christopher,

You tried a JAK inhibitor right? There is a pharmacy that compounds a JAK inhibitor cream called Chemistry RX.

Could you maybe obtain this stuff and trial this off-label for your AGA if you discuss it with your doctor? It’s a 2% concentration in a liposomal base. This would give pretty much conclusive evidence if JAK’s works.

Thank you very much.Check below for additional information.

"Topical tofacitinib for alopecia areata. Tofacitinib (Xeljanz) is an oral Janus kinase inhibitor (JAK) approved for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. Dr. Sidbury has a compounding pharmacy make topical tofacitinib 2% in a liposomal base, which achieves better penetration than Versabase. He recommends Chemistry Rx in Philadelphia for compounding.

“I have no financial interest, I’ve just found them incredibly helpful. The cost is $330 for 30 g. That’s not dirt cheap by a long shot, but I’ve looked into this for parents before I was aware of the Chemistry Rx option, and the cost was thousands and thousands of dollars when I tried to get it compounded in a local pharmacy that didn’t have the economy of scale,” he said.

Patients apply the topical JAK inhibitor twice daily. “I’ve probably got six or seven kids on topical JAK inhibitor therapy for alopecia areata, and I’ve seen responses in all of them after having pretty much exhausted everything else,” according to the dermatologist."

Never mind, forget about it Christopher.

JAK’s are going to do JAK sh*t ;-). Works in mice, that’s great for these little buggers. Will do nothing for AGA.

JAK’s are doing wonders for Alopecia Areata patients.

The question is whether the action of those drugs is far enough downstream in the follicle shutdown process to do the same for us.

The researchers think it might work. And with topical JAK’s already safe & tested on humans, I would be surprised if they weren’t basing that assumption on something.