Thorn Medical Clinc

http://www.thornmedical.com

They claim 100% success rate but no pictures.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by NickTheGreek[/postedby]
They claim 100% success rate but no pictures.[/quote]

That can mean a lot of things. First, how do they define “success”? Maybe their definition of success is just seeing 2 or 3 new hairs growing that they didn’t see before. Also, did they specifically say the success rate had to do with their stem cell hair regrowth procedure? Maybe they forgot to mention they were talking about regular hair transplants.

This doesn’t look too promising. Looks like just a group of HT doctors from Pakistan partnering with a British investment shell company of some sort, that operates a clinic in the Bahamas, to cash in on the current buzz about stem cells. But who knows what they’re really doing, and what kinds of “stem cells” they’re using.

Don’t know if this is just another pseudo ADSC/fat cell sc@m, or legitimate follicle regeneration/induction.

Also at another place in the press release they say the procedure only works 10% of the time, but they sort of imply that they can achieve 100% regrowth, maybe by doing multiple procedures (?) – although they don’t specify. We’ve heard that implication before from Dr. Gho, Dr. Nigam and others.

I’m not holding my breath about this one…

Maybe it’s just my desperation, but it seems like we’re on the cusp. Just in a the past week or so - Vixen Pharmaceuticals acquired by Aclaris, Tokyo University of Science and RIKEN grow new skin and hair, and now Thorn Medical Clinc claim 100% cure.

people have been saying that we are on the cusp for as long as i can remember… In fact I would even say that right things are unusually quiet these days…

Maybe it’s just my desperation, but it seems like we’re on the cusp. Just in a the past week or so - Vixen Pharmaceuticals acquired by Aclaris, Tokyo University of Science and RIKEN grow new skin and hair, and now Thorn Medical Clinc claim 100% cure.[/quote]

Sounds like the niggly Nigam all over again. Even after seeing it time and again, it still amazes me that medical professionals can be this dishonest and willingly lie and cajole to bilk desperate patients out of their money. Disgusting behavior.

They claim 100% success rate but no pictures.

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

That can mean a lot of things. First, how do they define “success”? Maybe their definition of success is just seeing 2 or 3 new hairs growing that they didn’t see before. Also, did they specifically say the success rate had to do with their stem cell hair regrowth procedure? Maybe they forgot to mention they were talking about regular hair transplants.

This doesn’t look too promising. Looks like just a group of HT doctors from Pakistan partnering with a British investment shell company of some sort, that operates a clinic in the Bahamas, to cash in on the current buzz about stem cells. But who knows what they’re really doing, and what kinds of “stem cells” they’re using.

Don’t know if this is just another pseudo ADSC/fat cell sc@m, or legitimate follicle regeneration/induction.

Also at another place in the press release they say the procedure only works 10% of the time, but they sort of imply that they can achieve 100% regrowth, maybe by doing multiple procedures (?) – although they don't specify. We’ve heard that implication before from Dr. Gho, Dr. Nigam and others.

I'm not holding my breath about this one…[/quote]

What exactly do you mean by psuedo ADSC/fat cell sc@m? What’s with that? Roger are you aware that Yale University disagrees with you about ADSCs and fat being a sc@m? And are you aware that there are bonafide FDA phase 2 studies starting in the USA run by Dr. Washenik? Fat and ADSCs are not a sc@m. Period. The only reason I don’t go and buy that treatment right now is because I can’t go gallivanting across the globe right now. Of course if done properly it will improve your hair volume. That having been said, some people are sc@mming by not doing it properly but to out-and-out call ADCSs/fat transfers a sc@m is to reject overwhelming evidence.

Here, let me show you a post by someone right here at this site who knows a lot about biology talking about ADSCs/fat transfers have potential to treat hair loss:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-132397-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer.html

And I think you know this guy Roger because you see him every time you look in the mirror.

Plain and simply put, if Kerastem (ADSCs/Fat) were available down the street I would go and get it tomorrow.

For the record, jarjar, what I meant was that there are A LOT of clinics advertising ADSCs and similar treatments based on fat cells right now, but I’d say only a few of them are reputable… The rest are doing things in an unregulated, haphazard way simply to capitalize on the trend. You yourself told Christopher1 a few weeks back that you thought the ADSC clinic he visited was trying to “cut corners” and wasn’t using a legitimate Kerastem type treatment. I would say MOST of these clinics are actually not providing something that will produce much results. If even a small amount of these clinics is producing great results, then where are their photos? Where are the credible testimonials of success?

I’m not saying ADSCs have no potential at all. As I said, they do have potential to grow hair, but compared with actual HF stem cells, the potential of ADSCs is not huge. We should just face that. This stuff is like Rogaine, maybe marginally better. It’s not going to regrow full heads of hair on people who have been balding for a while. Its best potential is for VERY recent onset MPB and female pattern hair loss. It’s a hair growth promoter, NOT even remotely a cure.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
For the record, jarjar, what I meant was that there are A LOT of clinics advertising ADSCs and similar treatments based on fat cells right now, but I’d say only a few of them are reputable… The rest are doing things in an unregulated, haphazard way simply to capitalize on the trend. You yourself told Christopher1 a few weeks back that you thought the ADSC clinic he visited was trying to “cut corners” and wasn’t using a legitimate Kerastem type treatment. I would say MOST of these clinics are actually not providing something that will produce much results. If even a small amount of these clinics is producing great results, then where are their photos? Where are the credible testimonials of success?

I’m not saying ADSCs have no potential at all. As I said, they do have potential to grow hair, but compared with actual HF stem cells, the potential of ADSCs is not huge. We should just face that. This stuff is like Rogaine, maybe marginally better. It’s not going to regrow full heads of hair on people who have been balding for a while. Its best potential is for VERY recent onset MPB and female pattern hair loss. It’s a hair growth promoter, NOT even remotely a cure.[/quote]

I agree that the odds that these guys are going to be on the up-and-up are very VERY small. I get that. But two things I want to point out are:

1. They are doing exactly what I recommended because about a year or so ago I recommended that people with know how set-up cell-based hair loss treatments in the Caribbean because the Caribbean has lax rules when it comes to cell-based therapies and it’s close to USA.

2. It seems foolish for a financial group to go to the expense of setting-up in the Caribbean if they didn’t think they could offer a decent treatment. You see, if they sell an ineffective treatment then bad word of mouth will ruin them quickly and everything they spent to set-up in the Caribbean would be wasted investment.

All of the above having been said, I think it’s probably a sc@m too because lots of sc@mmers are short-term thinkers. They go for the quick buck from as many people as possible and then they just hope they can keep tricking new people to buy their sc@m products. They know that bad word of mouth will hurt them with some potential new customers so they know their customer flow will shrink but they figure they’ll still get some new pigeons.

WOW, has anyone contacted them yet?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Mr. Z[/postedby]
Sounds like the niggly Nigam all over again. Even after seeing it time and again, it still amazes me that medical professionals can be this dishonest and willingly lie and cajole to bilk desperate patients out of their money. Disgusting behavior.[/quote]

I agree. What’s worse are these dumb publications that continue to post this stuff on their website without at least investing a little time in trying to understand what they’re posting. We’ve seen this stuff year after year for a long time, and here we are today, still using Rogain and Fin. Doh!

It’s like advertising a pill that prevents you from gaining weight even if you eat McDonalds 3 times per day. Or claiming that there’s a new treatment that cures leukemia in children. So disgraceful!