Thomas Whitfield

» Some one on another site posted this. It was published on December 27.
» Coincidence maybe? It mentions a product that will be unveiled this year
» that will prevent further loss and not give regrowth.
»
» http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/body_and_soul/article5390279.ece

Interesting Link, I remember reading that article and wondering what stem cell product is coming out next year, so may this TRX2 was it. It is possible that this is the same stuff Mercola is trying as well.

» possible that this is the same stuff Mercola is trying as well.

Dont think so since the product Mercola is using would: “provide him with a full head of hair”.

this product will only stop hairloss.

Very interesting and the statement is pretty direct. On the other hand the credibility is probably questionable…
So it will come out this year. I think I can comprehend that time period… and a product that mentions stem cells always makes me interested…

» It is possible that this is the same stuff Mercola is trying as well.

Apparently this is what Mercola is doing,

http://www.stem120.com/extracts.htm

Mercola seems to be connected to them through;

www.MaxLife.org

This is beginning to sound a lot like that “peptide” treatment from about five years ago. It was put out there by some crackpot and it was all the rage on these forums and he had everyone believing that he had found the holy grail, which turned out to be a complete scam.

http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article259.htm

Somebody posted this on xconomy. They found the video discouraging because Thomas was fishing for ideas rather than discussing his.

Hair loss lightning talk at HealthCamp UK 2008.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1429170697948441004

Very interesting…hey says that current treatments only prevent hair loss…this would leave one to think his product does more than that

» Somebody posted this on xconomy. They found the video discouraging because
» Thomas was fishing for ideas rather than discussing his.

Well, it’s been almost 2 months since that video. There is a good chance that they found an idea during their brainstorm session. However, I don’t think it’s gonna be that easy to cure hairloss i.e. have one brainstorm session and have a product in the market next year. The fact his product doesn’t require clinical trials also means that it’s not gonna be a proper cure, maybe something like minoxidil(i.e. stimulant at best).

» » Somebody posted this on xconomy. They found the video discouraging
» because
» » Thomas was fishing for ideas rather than discussing his.
»
» Well, it’s been almost 2 months since that video. There is a good chance
» that they found an idea during their brainstorm session. However, I don’t
» think it’s gonna be that easy to cure hairloss i.e. have one brainstorm
» session and have a product in the market next year. The fact his product
» doesn’t require clinical trials also means that it’s not gonna be a proper
» cure, maybe something like minoxidil(i.e. stimulant at best).

minoxidil needed trials.

there is virtually zero chance this guy will be selling anything different then propecia / minox, in less then 6-8 years from now on.

» there is virtually zero chance this guy will be selling anything different
» then propecia / minox, in less then 6-8 years from now on.

I don’t know why, but I grind my teeth everytime you post one of your BLANK* timeline predictions. This guy could do a variety of things: he could be a fraud, he could fall of the face of the earth because his research went dry, he could release something of little value, or he could release something worthwhile (all in an undermined amount of time).

I don’t know anything about him, so I’m willing to wait until I have more data about his particular approach, but you… you’re willing to ‘cut and paste’ the same god-damn response for every god-damn research stream regardless of the god-damn data at hand. ughh!!! I’m still grinding my teeth.

*BLANK as in devoid of substance.

» » » Somebody posted this on xconomy. They found the video discouraging
» » because
» » » Thomas was fishing for ideas rather than discussing his.
» »
» » Well, it’s been almost 2 months since that video. There is a good
» chance
» » that they found an idea during their brainstorm session. However, I
» don’t
» » think it’s gonna be that easy to cure hairloss i.e. have one brainstorm
» » session and have a product in the market next year. The fact his
» product
» » doesn’t require clinical trials also means that it’s not gonna be a
» proper
» » cure, maybe something like minoxidil(i.e. stimulant at best).
»
» minoxidil needed trials.

duh…what I meant was meant was that it’s something that doesn’t really cure baldness but temporary delays it(like minox) or hides it(like toppik). As for the trial, maybe he found a natural herb or something that works just as fine so he doesn’t need to do the trials.

» » there is virtually zero chance this guy will be selling anything
» different
» » then propecia / minox, in less then 6-8 years from now on.
»
» I don’t know why, but I grind my teeth everytime you post one of your
» BLANK* timeline predictions. This guy could do a variety of things: he
» could be a fraud, he could fall of the face of the earth because his
» research went dry, he could release something of little value, or he could
» release something worthwhile (all in an undermined amount of time).

I completely agree, he’s just pulling numbers completely at random from the top of his head.

Which is quite likely to be damaged from his ‘head crushing technique’

Guys, we’ve got multiple HM operations that are millions of dollars and many years into development. Even the existing drugs were YEARS in the making, let alone the approving/legalizing.

This douche is not gonna be selling some goofy tree root lotion that works better 12 months from now.

Health camp UK is sponsored by AT Kearney, a very big consulting firm. And, this guy also has some association with InCube Labs, a venture capital org in medical private equity. I dont think hes in the ‘product ideation’ stage. should be way past that and looking for funding to be presenting at this conference.

What we see here is his ‘elevator pitch’ and not the product value proposition itself. More like trying to get the audience thinking about what his ‘solution’ might be. if someone can get the video link of his entire presentation, thatd be very useful.

Im not saying this is the real mccoy. can be a huge, immense failure, or a large scam looking for mindshare.

Just that we dont know yet. Yeah, most ppl might just say theyve seen 100s of attempts like this which finally went for a 6 (ie did not succeed), but that elevator pitch does get me curious.

» Somebody posted this on xconomy. They found the video discouraging because
» Thomas was fishing for ideas rather than discussing his.
»
» Hair loss lightning talk at HealthCamp UK 2008.
» http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1429170697948441004

» » there is virtually zero chance this guy will be selling anything
» different
» » then propecia / minox, in less then 6-8 years from now on.
»
» I don’t know why, but I grind my teeth everytime you post one of your
» BLANK* timeline predictions. This guy could do a variety of things: he
» could be a fraud, he could fall of the face of the earth because his
» research went dry, he could release something of little value, or he could
» release something worthwhile (all in an undermined amount of time).
»
» I don’t know anything about him, so I’m willing to wait until I have more
» data about his particular approach, but you… you’re willing to ‘cut and
» paste’ the same god-damn response for every god-damn research stream
» regardless of the god-damn data at hand. ughh!!! I’m still grinding my
» teeth.
»
» *BLANK as in devoid of substance.

i use logic, and I dont count on anything that breaks this worlds rules. this next year cure, breaks all the rules and all the logic.

btw even you seem to admit in your post that things that could be done in a year involve just mixtures of already known products, pretty much something like topical finasteride or something. I dont consider this to be an option just because I dont believe that anyone here actually cares about this type of stuff. We use these topicals now, there is no reason for reinventing the broken wheels again.

i dont remember being wrong with my predictions so far over the many years.

» » » there is virtually zero chance this guy will be selling anything
» » different
» » » then propecia / minox, in less then 6-8 years from now on.
» »
» » I don’t know why, but I grind my teeth everytime you post one of your
» » BLANK* timeline predictions. This guy could do a variety of things: he
» » could be a fraud, he could fall of the face of the earth because his
» » research went dry, he could release something of little value, or he
» could
» » release something worthwhile (all in an undermined amount of time).
»
» I completely agree, he’s just pulling numbers completely at random from
» the top of his head.
»
» Which is quite likely to be damaged from his ‘head crushing technique’

you know what, I would be bothered by your opinion, if only you guys have not failed so many times on this board here to distinguish reality from dreams.

you are naive

» Guys, we’ve got multiple HM operations that are millions of dollars and
» many years into development. Even the existing drugs were YEARS in the
» making, let alone the approving/legalizing.
»
»
» This douche is not gonna be selling some goofy tree root lotion that works
» better 12 months from now.

exactly. if anyone believes otherwise, he’s going to be failed & disapointed again.

BTW, its about now when rev and other naive optimists here will eat the Mercoila lesson soon :slight_smile: And yes, I do think its obviously naive. Its obvious to me, it was obvious to me few months ago when someone first bought his name here, and its obvious to me even now. The same as with this Whitfield phd student. I dont think he’s lieing, or scamming us, i just know there was some misunderstanding between the naive optimists, and the guy. Somewhere there on the path, the information got distorted and the naive amplified the unreal into to what can be only described as an obviously absurd dream. There is enough traces of facts that together can help anyone conscious enough to come up with the similar conclusion as I did. If you dont see it, you are not from this planet, or your mind is constantly traveling some illusionary world instead so you already lost any connection with the real world.

You cant violate FDA rules (unless there was some act or something that would change them first, and there is none atm afaik) and europe is no other, we have trials here as well.

Whats this kid doing imho is that he’s just hoping to come up with a drug candidate or an idea of treatment in one years time. IF he succeeds, it would mean that the actual product would b 8 years away at least if its anything new and thus worth our attention.

I mean, sometimes I think i should start scamming ppl. If 50% of population is as naive as some guys here, Id be a millionaire.

»
» duh…what I meant was meant was that it’s something that doesn’t really
» cure baldness but temporary delays it(like minox) or hides it(like toppik).
» As for the trial, maybe he found a natural herb or something that works
» just as fine so he doesn’t need to do the trials.

this is possible, but unlikely. chances that this kid founds such a herb are the same as of anyones who tried and failed so far.

Baccy is nearer the cure then this kid is atm. Why? Because even though Baccy’s chances of massive success are low, they are not zero, and what gives Baccy an advantage is the fact he does not have any authority hoops he would neet to jump through.

This kid wants to sell a product, that either means a crap product (nothing new), or trials and hoops.

It’s not a crime to be curious about this Whitfield guy’s thing. Who knows what he’s really about and how serious or far along he is?

I’m just saying keep things in perspective, that’s all.

Most of our conversations about other HM operations follow some decent semblance of common sense. If I posted up tomorrow saying “I just heard a rumor that ICX-TRC will be sold in stores in 6 months!!!” Most of us would quickly dismiss this notion, and for totally realistic & practical reasons.

Let’s not abandon all that common sense as soon as the subject ventures outside the handful of HM efforts that we’re intimately familiar with.

» It’s not a crime to be curious about this Whitfield guy’s thing. Who knows
» what he’s really about and how serious or far along he is?
»
»
»
»
»
»
» I’m just saying keep things in perspective, that’s all.
»
» Most of our conversations about other HM operations follow some decent
» semblance of common sense. If I posted up tomorrow saying “I just heard a
» rumor that ICX-TRC will be sold in stores in 6 months!!!” Most of us would
» quickly dismiss this notion, and for totally realistic & practical
» reasons.
»
» Let’s not abandon all that common sense as soon as the subject ventures
» outside the handful of HM efforts that we’re intimately familiar with.

its imho though quite important to realize that its quite low probability scenario that this guy would cure us in one year from now on. otherwise it could make some ppl to stall their lives for just another wasted year. to be honest im sure that this is whats right now happening for someone out there.

Its all right and unavoidable. I dont think there should or even can be done anything more to prevent these forever hoping individuals from wasting their youth.

All important has been said, if someone is naive enough to still believe that this will save him, well. the only way out is the ineviteable lesson he’s going to learn, either he will learn a year from now on, or maybe 5 years, or maybe never, and will suffer all his life being insecure and disapointed by every single obvious absurd hope he reads up from some dodgy marketing campaign.

its your life, and you are not getting younger. we are all adults though, so live whatever passive life you choose to live.

passivity is in my opinion losing scenario.

» » » there is virtually zero chance this guy will be selling anything
» » different
» » » then propecia / minox, in less then 6-8 years from now on.
» »
» » I don’t know why, but I grind my teeth everytime you post one of your
» » BLANK* timeline predictions. This guy could do a variety of things: he
» » could be a fraud, he could fall of the face of the earth because his
» » research went dry, he could release something of little value, or he
» could
» » release something worthwhile (all in an undermined amount of time).
» »
» » I don’t know anything about him, so I’m willing to wait until I have
» more
» » data about his particular approach, but you… you’re willing to ‘cut
» and
» » paste’ the same god-damn response for every god-damn research stream
» » regardless of the god-damn data at hand. ughh!!! I’m still grinding my
» » teeth.
» »
» » *BLANK as in devoid of substance.
»
» i use logic, and I dont count on anything that breaks this worlds rules.
» this next year cure, breaks all the rules and all the logic.
»
» btw even you seem to admit in your post that things that could be done in
» a year involve just mixtures of already known products, pretty much
» something like topical finasteride or something. I dont consider this to be
» an option just because I dont believe that anyone here actually cares about
» this type of stuff. We use these topicals now, there is no reason for
» reinventing the broken wheels again.
»
» i dont remember being wrong with my predictions so far over the many
» years.

How dare you apply logic and reason to this issue! So what if the typical FDA trial series is 10 years long under perfect conditions? Why should we assume they apply to hairloss protocols? I mean, anything could happen! Hairloss fairies could waive a magic wand, develop a cure, and bypass all required regulations in a week! You’re an ass for assuming otherwise. So what if you’ve always been right? So what if the members of this board have gotten hysterical about cure after cure, only to have all of them fail? So what if everything else has never worked and taken YEARS to fail? That means nothing! Just shut up and go away you troll! We’re trying to kid ourselves here, and you’re just getting in the way.