This photo is why I think you guys use up too many grafts

Photo of James Baker, former white house official. Here is a guy, albeit not young, but had a thick top front transplant years ago, Now he has moved to a NW6 NW7 situation, the sides have continued to thin, he has not near enough donor hair left to fix the problem. His hair looks ridiculous.

This is why when I see you guys using up 4000 grafts to translant the top front and it looks great, I say, hey what about when you go to a NW6 or 7 and then the sides start going way down, you will look like a freak, This is what I mean

Doesnt look that bad,he would look a lot worse completly bald

» Doesnt look that bad,he would look a lot worse completly bald

i agree

» Doesnt look that bad,he would look a lot worse completly bald

if you saw him on live video you would not say that
it looks ridiculous and you cant halp look at his hair the whole time he is talking and say…WTF is that? is that a bad tranaplant?

but then again if you cover up his top front hair with your finger, and imagine him bald there, you are right, he looks better now, even as bad as he looks now

how many grafts do you think he will need to cover the top and crown? It’s better to have something than to look as bald as he does, why can’t I plan my surgery thinking that I will be a NW6 one day and just use the grafts wisely with that in mind?

Let’s cut the bull here.

Tons of guys are getting moderately aggressive transplants right now on the idea that MPB will be more effectively treated/reversed in the coming decades.

(And don’t kill the messenger. I’m not saying I agree with the idea on principle, I’m just pointing out the obvious truth that it’s happening.)

» how many grafts do you think he will need to cover the top and crown? It’s
» better to have something than to look as bald as he does, why can’t I plan
» my surgery thinking that I will be a NW6 one day and just use the grafts
» wisely with that in mind?

how many grafts do we think who will need?

crowns take up a ton of grafts, imo the best thing to do is not transplant or even try to transplant the crown

if it continues to thin, there will be a “halo” effect , with the hair around the transplanted area missing, like a halo, and that looks terrible and it is almost impossible to fix

If this guy looks like he has a halo of hair then whats stopping him from shaving the top off and looking so called normal. Take a good look at jotronic he looks great. A well planned hairtransplant does work. this is him after 7 years. Jotronic/ 7900 Grafts/ Dr. Wong/ 7 Year Anniversary

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-50313.html

He might in 25 years look like the guy with the halo but who cares when your 60 - 70 years old. Just plan your transplant properly. I norwood 6 will have any where between 5000 to 8000 units. Just do your homework.

» If this guy looks like he has a halo of hair then whats stopping him from
» shaving the top off and looking so called normal. Take a good look at
» jotronic he looks great. A well planned hairtransplant does work. this is
» him after 7 years. Jotronic/ 7900 Grafts/ Dr. Wong/ 7 Year Anniversary
»
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-50313.html
»
» He might in 25 years look like the guy with the halo but who cares when
» your 60 - 70 years old. Just plan your transplant properly. I norwood 6
» will have any where between 5000 to 8000 units. Just do your homework.

I care, people live a lot longer these days, 60s are the new 50s, that I am in my 60s doesn’t mean that I want to look like a freak. Jotronic’s results are amazing, you don’t think body hair can save him if one day he loses more hair?

Who’s to say whether or not he used any meds?

Personally, I care more about how I look in my 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s. At 50 and above I’d be more concerned about my retirement and my grandkids.:smiley:

» Photo of James Baker, former white house official. Here is a guy, albeit
» not young, but had a thick top front transplant years ago, Now he has moved
» to a NW6 NW7 situation, the sides have continued to thin, he has not near
» enough donor hair left to fix the problem. His hair looks ridiculous.
»
» This is why when I see you guys using up 4000 grafts to translant the top
» front and it looks great, I say, hey what about when you go to a NW6 or 7
» and then the sides start going way down, you will look like a freak, This
» is what I mean
»
»
»

»
» is what I mean
»
»
»

What a lame post subject. James Baker will be turning 80 years old within the next 12 months. The fact that he even has 1 hair on his head is amazing. You must be really freaked out if you are glued to an 80 year old’s head.

If you think the same thing doesnt happen to 50 yr old guys, who go to nw 7
you are living in fantasy land

»
» is what I mean
»
»
»

Looks horrible. No matter what. Naturalness is golden even til death!!!

Then I don’t know what you’re doing on these boards. Go bald naturally and all the best of luck to you.

» » Photo of James Baker, former white house official. Here is a guy, albeit
» » not young, but had a thick top front transplant years ago, Now he has
» moved
» » to a NW6 NW7 situation, the sides have continued to thin, he has not
» near
» » enough donor hair left to fix the problem. His hair looks ridiculous.
»
» »
» » This is why when I see you guys using up 4000 grafts to translant the
» » front and it looks great, I say, hey what about when you go to a NW6 or
» » and then the sides start going way down, you will look like a freak,
» This
» » is what I mean
» »
» »
» »
»
»
» Looks horrible. No matter what. Naturalness is golden even til death!!!

That’s why I went with FUE… if my hairloss ever gets out of control, I can just shave it down… I agree, the thought of that happening with a linear scar on the back of my head would terrify me, not many options at that point. I suppose you could always shave the top and leave the sides…

» Then I don’t know what you’re doing on these boards. Go bald naturally and
» all the best of luck to you.

Agreed. The worst critics are those afraid to take the plunge and get a transplant. Its always much more easy to take shots at those who have then to do actually have a HT.

LOL! Good job hangin. This is the classic HT island. Furthermore, you don’t have to hit 50 or 60 to get one. Some unfortunates end up with freaky island heads in their 30’s. Sometimes I see the # of grafts being used in the hairlines by some docs on this site, and it gives me nausea. IMO, the way the front edge is being rammed, many of these guys are going to look way more freaky than the old guy in the picture. The gap between the top island and the sides is nothing short of hilarious. It looks like a Jew cap worn on the front of the head instead of the crown.

» » Then I don’t know what you’re doing on these boards. Go bald naturally
» and
» » all the best of luck to you.
»
» Agreed. The worst critics are those afraid to take the plunge and get a
» transplant. Its always much more easy to take shots at those who have then
» to do actually have a HT.

actually the smart ones are the ones who decide not to get a transplant
the dumb ones are the ones desperate enough to try anything, and they get a transplant and look ricidulous 20 yrs down the road

I suppose you think the ones who invested With Bernie Madoff were the brave ones, who DARED to take control of their own destiny , right?

With proper planning a NW 6 can get very nice coverage from front to back with a great hairline and nice coverage in the crown. Take a look at the example posted below:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-47617-page-1-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

This patient had a fantastic transfor,ation, and guess what, he is coming back this summer for an additional crown procedure.

I also think Jotronic is a great example. He has a very nice result.

» LOL! Good job hangin. This is the classic HT island. Furthermore, you don’t
» have to hit 50 or 60 to get one. Some unfortunates end up with freaky
» island heads in their 30’s. Sometimes I see the # of grafts being used in
» the hairlines by some docs on this site, and it gives me nausea. IMO, the
» way the front edge is being rammed, many of these guys are going to look
» way more freaky than the old guy in the picture. The gap between the top
» island and the sides is nothing short of hilarious. It looks like a Jew cap
» worn on the front of the head instead of the crown.

I think the point you are missing is, even in this extreme case you presented, he can STILL just shave the “island” and look completely normal for his age. However, he would have still gotten years of satisfaction out of his procedure. He is the one who has decided to let his top grow out despite his advanced recession, if that is what he is comfortable with, then so be it.

Anyone who is not comfortable with this option in the future should not get a HT. However, I am very comfortable with it.