This is the product Mercola is testing

http://www.stem120.com/hair-restoration.htm

I am pretty sure at least. Mercola.com has confirmed that a company called Maxlife is behind the testing of the product and at maxlife.org you can read about new stem cell products from Stem cell Products LCC… and they apparently has a hair growth product from “teenage hair follicle stem cell signaling factors” that is 80 % effective compared to minox that is only 10 % effective. And the product is not available yet.

I dont like the name of the company, feels a bit scammy. Maybe it is a good marketing scam. But if Mercola does not grow any hair it should not matter, who will buy it then?

I am having flashback to every other failed “cure” ever been promised through the years, kinda like Hair Magic. Dont know if Stem Cell Products have the science to back up their claims. I have my doubts.

Edit. The product apparently “can be 80% more effective than Rogaine”. Not eigt times better as I first wrote. Who would not want a product that is almost twice as effeective as minox? sigh How can Mercola believe he will get all his hair back with this?

I guess it depends on what “effective” means. If it means that minox only works on 10% of people and this will help 80% of people, that’s significant. If it will give you almost twice as much hair as minox, that’s not as impressive. It’s probably the latter.

Stem Cell’s address on Palms Center Drive in Las Vegas doesn’t inspire confidence, either. It googles as the address of a distributor of those “BluBlocker” sunglasses which, for those of you old enough to remember, used to be mass-marketed on TV ad nauseam during the early 1990s. Probably that’s a former tenant of the property but still … the neighborhood in general doesn’t strike me as a great enclave of medical research.

Hmmmmm, im not sure about this. Why is Mercola so confident? he must have seen someting to convince him.
I’m not to concerned about where they come from or how well known they are, a cure or effective treatment for hair loss could potentially be found by anyone. I want to see evidence.

» Hmmmmm, im not sure about this. Why is Mercola so confident? he must have
» seen someting to convince him.
» I’m not to concerned about where they come from or how well known they
» are, a cure or effective treatment for hair loss could potentially be found
» by anyone. I want to see evidence.

Unless I was true when I said that mercola is a naive guy who will believe in anything if it has stemcells written on the label.

All in all, 2 months from now on, Mercoala will be BALD.

» http://www.stem120.com/hair-restoration.htm
»
» I am pretty sure at least. Mercola.com has confirmed that a company called
» Maxlife is behind the testing of the product and at maxlife.org you can
» read about new stem cell products from Stem cell Products LCC… and they
» apparently has a hair growth product from “teenage hair follicle stem cell
» signaling factors” that is 80 % effective compared to minox that is only 10
» % effective. And the product is not available yet.
»
» I dont like the name of the company, feels a bit scammy. Maybe it is a
» good marketing scam. But if Mercola does not grow any hair it should not
» matter, who will buy it then?
»
» I am having flashback to every other failed “cure” ever been promised
» through the years, kinda like Hair Magic. Dont know if Stem Cell Products
» have the science to back up their claims. I have my doubts.
»
» Edit. The product apparently “can be 80% more effective than Rogaine”. Not
» eigt times better as I first wrote. Who would not want a product that is
» almost twice as effeective as minox? sigh How can Mercola believe he will
» get all his hair back with this?

I don’t like these percentage games; you can always skew them any way you wish. 80% sounds like an impressive number, but an 80% increase on 10% is a rather unimpressive 18%.

Rant aside, I’m still glad someone else is trying something different. As far as I’m concerned the more the merrier.

Theres a bigger chance follica will be out in 2-3 years than this garbage has of working. Why would mercola buy into such a scam ($$$$)

» Theres a bigger chance follica will be out in 2-3 years than this garbage
» has of working. Why would mercola buy into such a scam ($$$$)

a scam seller buying into another scam sounds perfectly reasonable to me :slight_smile: the guy IS nuts.

» » Theres a bigger chance follica will be out in 2-3 years than this
» garbage
» » has of working. Why would mercola buy into such a scam ($$$$)
»
» a scam seller buying into another scam sounds perfectly reasonable to me
» :slight_smile: the guy IS nuts.

I dont think so, if he is still bald in 3 months, he is dead and the product too.

» » » Theres a bigger chance follica will be out in 2-3 years than this
» » garbage
» » » has of working. Why would mercola buy into such a scam ($$$$)
» »
» » a scam seller buying into another scam sounds perfectly reasonable to
» me
» » :slight_smile: the guy IS nuts.
»
» I dont think so, if he is still bald in 3 months, he is dead and the
» product too.

Whatever reputation or credibility he had is now on the line! He has made the claims and if the product doesnt deliver in 3 momths time then we can all have fun slating him! This is why Follica would not announce timelines, the expectation to deliver is too much!

Honestly there must have been human testing on this before for him to be so confident! And if he is the first one then that shows unbelievable faith in a product! Wait and see!

Mercola never had any serious reputation nor credibility. Mercola’s target audience are ppl who are the same or more naive than he is, they would and will believe anything and it does not matter if it pans out or not. They are hope seekers, not truth seekers.

I mean rly ppl. Is there anyone who seriously thinks that mercola will have full head of hair in february? LOL.

» Mercola never had any serious reputation nor credibility. Mercola’s target
» audience are ppl who are the same or more naive than he is, they would and
» will believe anything and it does not matter if it pans out or not. They
» are hope seekers, not truth seekers.
»
» I mean rly ppl. Is there anyone who seriously thinks that mercola will
» have full head of hair in february? LOL.

If it doesnt work then Mercola really has torpedoed this product and himself!

It just seems very strange that he has given himself this timeline doesnt it? If you had a product that worked it would be quite a few more months before annoucing results! I am surprised that if he is that confident that he didnt say an exact date. On the 23rd of February 2009 i will have hair all over my head! lol

I dont really think it will work either but you never know! Maybe he has some really good photoshop software??? lol

I seriously doubt that mercola will suffer any significant damage because of this. He is going to fail to grow his hair back, and ppl who buy his stuff will keep buying it.

the most I expect, is minoxidil like results. It would explain what exact ingredients is that “stemcell” stuff composed of in real. It most probably will be just a minoxidil scam or a total failure.

» I seriously doubt that mercola will suffer any significant damage because
» of this. He is going to fail to grow his hair back, and ppl who buy his
» stuff will keep buying it.
»
» the most I expect, is minoxidil like results. It would explain what exact
» ingredients is that “stemcell” stuff composed of in real. It most probably
» will be just a minoxidil scam or a total failure.

I’m not getting my hopes up with this thing or anything but I don’t think it is minoxidil. The company claims to be more than 80% more effective than rogain, I don’t expect it to give anything better than minoxidil reults but we won’t know for sure untill we know what the ingredients are.

If it is the company posted in the link above don’t they have some sort of natural antioxident products aimed at people with problems such as herpes and aids.:confused:

I’m betting on it being some sort of natural supliment type thing knowing mercola.:lookaround:

If this fails miserably he will only realy loose credibility with hair loss sufferers who hope it will lead to somewhere.
Non hair loss sufferers will probably shrug it off and forget about it pretty quickly if it doesn’t do much.

Remeber he hasn’t said he will definately get his hair back in 3 months, he just says there is a chance, he has clearly stated a few times that he is “beta testing” on the behalf of this company. A staitment to fall back on if it fails. If it does I’m pretty sure the blaim will be held by the company for ‘convincing’ him it would work so quick if at all.

One thing that bugs me is how did they get someone in the public eye such as mercola to even try this? (wouldn’t be safe if it wasn’t something already approved or used elsewhere) If it is something stem cell related then they would without a doubt need trials.
They must be able to do something to justify such bold claim and also get mercola involved.

I wish I knew what it is.

If the stuff works, shouldn’t he be showing signs of improvement by now? And if he is, is there any way to determine that? The latest video of him on his website that I could find was from June. He looked pretty bald at that point.

This stuff is probably natural stuff that “promotes stem cells” to the area. Maybe even has some minox in it. When it fails no one outside this board will care.
If this stuff had any legitamacy we would have heard about it already. Any time Dr. cotsaralles or any other reasercher coughs and a mouse grows hair someone posts it on the board here. We’ve never heard of this stuff.