This is the kind of picture the forum demands from clinics

The color of the hair is a little different due to the different type of camera but the lighting is the SAME.

Same angle taken and also DRY before, DRY after. No attempt at distortion.

Why won’t some clinics do the same? There is no reason for WET before and DRY after or lighter BEFORE and darker AFTER…

Oh, my bad, sure there’s a reason.

Of coarse you will not see many clinics post photographs comparable to this one.

And, I will be here watching and pointing out the inequalities of their photos from this point on.

Nice result but if you want to get real picky about this, I think the lighting is quite different for your pictures, the background in the before picture is almost pale white compared to the yellowish darker tone in the after picture.

Keepitshorter (KIS),

You have stated your opinion about this issue on numerous occasions. Why do you feel the need to do so again. A clinic can, has, and will put pictures that they feel enhance the image of their work.

Now, if you are trying to bring attention to the discrepancies between before and after photos, might I suggest that you start with your own, first :wink: .

C’mon KIS, the pictures that are provided by most clinics here give people a pretty damn good idea as to the quality of work capable of a given doctor.

TN

You are both correct in that my two photos do differ somewhat, but it is only in the appearance of the color of my hair. I do not know why in the first photo it seems the hair is greyish and in the second it is brown, but I do not believe this could be considered an inequality that distorts the true results.

Although the color of the hair appears different because of a reason unknown to me, the lighting is the same, the angle is the same, and the head is just about the same distance from the camera in both photos.

Furthermore, the before and after photos are with DRY hair.

Although perhaps not perfect (can any photo be perfect?) I think my photo without question shows the true results the best a picture can and it leaves little room for scrutiny–unlike MANY photos posted by clinics here.

Nevertheless, you are right, I, along with others have expressed discontent recently about clinics posting unequal photos so I agree it’s time to let the issue rest; until the next clinic posts ridiculously unequal photos.

Hopefully, the clinics who are guilty of these types of photos in the past will pay attention and attemtp to publish more equal photos so prospective patients can get as true of an idea of results produced as a picture will allow.

:slight_smile:

There will always be a problem with pics doesn’t matter how they are presented, I think the easiest way to settle the score is for everyone to post videos along with their pics.

The hair color is kind of throwing me off a bit.

The hair in the pic to the right looks like its been teezed over a bit to make the result look fuller.

Could you post some pics of the final result with wet hair, just curious to see what it might look like at the beach or in the pool.

» The hair color is kind of throwing me off a bit.
»
» The hair in the pic to the right looks like its been teezed over a bit to
» make the result look fuller.
»
» Could you post some pics of the final result with wet hair, just curious
» to see what it might look like at the beach or in the pool.

What hair (in the bald area) in the picture to the right? There was no hair to speak of.

And yes I will post pictures in due time with wet and dry hair. I have recently had another procedure and will have both wet and dry pictures for comparison.

» The color of the hair is a little different due to the different type of
» camera but the lighting is the SAME.
»
» Same angle taken and also DRY before, DRY after. No attempt at
» distortion.
»
» Why won’t some clinics do the same? There is no reason for WET before and
» DRY after or lighter BEFORE and darker AFTER…
»
» Oh, my bad, sure there’s a reason.
»
»
»
»

Obviously your second pic is from a digital camera and I agree it makes all of the difference in the world. I think it’s ideal to see wet and dry on the same patient.

» » The color of the hair is a little different due to the different type of
» » camera but the lighting is the SAME.
» »
» » Same angle taken and also DRY before, DRY after. No attempt at
» » distortion.
» »
» » Why won’t some clinics do the same? There is no reason for WET before
» and
» » DRY after or lighter BEFORE and darker AFTER…
» »
» » Oh, my bad, sure there’s a reason.
» »
» »
» »
» »

»
»
»
» Obviously your second pic is from a digital camera and I agree it makes
» all of the difference in the world. I think it’s ideal to see wet and dry
» on the same patient.

I agree that WET after shows the results in way that cannot be masked by anything as can be the case with dry hair.

In my case here, however, there was no hair to speak of in the before picture to wet. In this case, and cases like this where there is no hair to speak of in the area where grafts were placed, the need for WET after photos is decreased.

My case is an example and it is clear, in this case, that no masking agents were used in the after photograph.

Even though I had an obvious improvement, 1200 or so grafts did not completely restore my area as it is still somewhat transparent.

And then you have some people presenting cases where 3500 or so grafts completely restored an area of baldness much greater than the one in this photo.