The thing about Acel is

it probably won’t give you regrowth in bald or balding areas because it looks like it regenerates in accordance with surrounding tissue. So if you just peeled off a patch of your your bald or balding scalp skin then it would probably just grow back in accordance with the properties of the bald skin that was surrounding the bald patch that you peeled off.

However, with acel you might be able to move big flaps of hair-bearing scalp tissue from your donor area and have it grafted to the top of your head. You might be able to do this like the Uri flap and it would be quick. Instead of suturing up the donor area you would use this stuff on the donor area and it might fill completely back in like it was before the flap. Your donor area would be completely replenished and you could do more juri flaps to completely fill in the top and front. Each time you got done doing a graft you would use this stuff on the area that was left torn up and if it filled back in like it was before you could keep going to it for more juri flaps. It would probably take 99% of us no more than 3 seperate uri flap treatments to completely restore our hairline and uri flaps can be done fastly. If the ACEL can restore your donor area within a month or two after each depletion then you could completely restore your hair, grown out and all, within 9 - 12 monhts.

I disagree.

If it grows any scalp hairs at all (which is not settled yet), then I don’t think it would discriminate between balding hairs or non-balding ones. The balding does not change the hair follicles’ DNA, just its current condition. And the fingernails are already said to be growing youth-fast in the middle-aged guy who regrew his fingertip.

» I disagree.
»
» If it grows any scalp hairs at all (which is not settled yet), then I
» don’t think it would discriminate between balding hairs or non-balding
» ones. The balding does not change the hair follicles’ DNA, just its
» current condition. And the fingernails are already said to be growing
» youth-fast in the middle-aged guy who regrew his fingertip.

You might be right Cal…However we have seen in several opportunities that DNA can change under extreme conditions…LETS WAIT AND SEE though.

“it looks like it regenerates in accordance with surrounding tissue”

That’s what I’m worried about.

If there is no trace of a hair follicle in the wound, then only skin might grow back.

That’s why I was thinking if that is so, then it might be possible to use Acell to cause a small piece of a hair follicle (even a few follicle cells?) to grow an entire new hair follicle.

But if that is possible, then the challenge would be how to do this to make thousands of follicles.

» » I disagree.
» »
» » If it grows any scalp hairs at all (which is not settled yet), then I
» » don’t think it would discriminate between balding hairs or non-balding
» » ones. The balding does not change the hair follicles’ DNA, just its
» » current condition. And the fingernails are already said to be growing
» » youth-fast in the middle-aged guy who regrew his fingertip.
»
» You might be right Cal…However we have seen in several opportunities
» that DNA can change under extreme conditions…LETS WAIT AND SEE
» though.

But then if you think about it all the wouds closed from outside in, even the finger was growing this way. This suggests that it may be important to wound near the healthy hair.

I think maneless did a good point here.

» » » I disagree.
» » »
» » » If it grows any scalp hairs at all (which is not settled yet), then I
» » » don’t think it would discriminate between balding hairs or
» non-balding
» » » ones. The balding does not change the hair follicles’ DNA, just its
» » » current condition. And the fingernails are already said to be
» growing
» » » youth-fast in the middle-aged guy who regrew his fingertip.
» »
» » You might be right Cal…However we have seen in several opportunities
» » that DNA can change under extreme conditions…LETS WAIT AND SEE
» » though.
»
» But then if you think about it all the wouds closed from outside in, even
» the finger was growing this way. This suggests that it may be important to
» wound near the healthy hair.
»
» I think maneless did a good point here.

The new tissue grows inward from the healthy area that borders the wound area. All the new tissue doesn’t come in at the same time. It comes in starting from the area closest to the healthy area and moves inward to the center of the injurred area until the injurred area is completely filled in with healthy tissue again. I think that somehow this ACEL stuff might be extracting the properties of the healthy area that borders the injurred area and using the healthy bordering area as a template to heal the wounded area as it moves toward the center of the injurred area, healing the wounded area as it goes along. If I’m right then that means you could have large patches of donor area removed, leaving just a small healthy border around the area you took the patch from, and then graft that removed tissue to a bald area (after you removed the bald area tissue of course). Then instead of suturing the donor area together where you took the graft from you would apply ACEL and ACEL would use the healthy skin area that surrounds the wound area as the template to heal inward until it completely filled in the wound area again with healthy hair-bearing tissue. If this only takes a month or two then you could do another graft from the donor area the same size a month or two later.

Have you seen the juri flap? They move large amounts of hair-bearing scalp tissue and it would only take 2 or 3 such visits to completely fill back in the top and front of our heads where we are bald. The juri flap transfers the hair over long so it’s already grown out. The problem with the Juriflap, like all hts, is the donor supply. Acel might be able to solve that problem.

This could be a serious cure.

» “it looks like it regenerates in accordance with surrounding tissue”
»
» That’s what I’m worried about.
»
» If there is no trace of a hair follicle in the wound, then only skin might
» grow back.
»
» That’s why I was thinking if that is so, then it might be possible to use
» Acell to cause a small piece of a hair follicle (even a few follicle
» cells?) to grow an entire new hair follicle.
»
» But if that is possible, then the challenge would be how to do this to
» make thousands of follicles.

Ahab, if your donor area still has thick hair of good quality then they could just remove large amounts of donor hair (via the juri-flap) to your balding areas and instead of suturing up the wound in the donor area (where they harvested the graft from) they would just use ACEL on the wound in the donor area and the wound would fill back in thanks to ACEL. Then you coudl do another juri-flap. Your donor area would keep replenishing itself thank to the ACEL so you could keep going back to your donor area for more grafts to plant in the bald areas. The juri flap moves a lot of hair-bearing scalp tissue fastly so you could easily restore a full head of hair within a year. The juri-flap transfers the hair already grown out so the cosmetic improvement each visit is immediate right after the transplant and the graft is never disconnected from the blood supply so the transplanted hair doesn’t get kinky like it does with plugs.

If you have a good healthy donor area you could get a full head of hair, already grown out, within 1 year.

» Ahab, if your donor area still has thick hair of good quality then they
» could just remove large amounts of donor hair (via the juri-flap) to your
» balding areas and instead of suturing up the wound in the donor area (where
» they harvested the graft from) they would just use ACEL on the wound in the
» donor area and the wound would fill back in thanks to ACEL. Then you coudl
» do another juri-flap. Your donor area would keep replenishing itself thank
» to the ACEL so you could keep going back to your donor area for more grafts
» to plant in the bald areas. The juri flap moves a lot of hair-bearing
» scalp tissue fastly so you could easily restore a full head of hair within
» a year. The juri-flap transfers the hair already grown out so the cosmetic
» improvement each visit is immediate right after the transplant and the
» graft is never disconnected from the blood supply so the transplanted hair
» doesn’t get kinky like it does with plugs.
»
» If you have a good healthy donor area you could get a full head of hair,
» already grown out, within 1 year.

That’s exactly NOT what I’m talking about: What if you need skin cells before you can grow skin?

Heart cells, before you can grow a heart?

Won’t you need some existing hair follicle cells before you can grow a new hair follicle?

Strip harvesting should remove all traces of hair follicles and their cells from the donor site.

So, how does Acell know to grow hair follicles or any other organ, for that matter, whose cells are not present?

»
» That’s exactly NOT what I’m talking about: What if you need skin cells
» before you can grow skin?\

We all have cells still even in the bald scalp skin unless maybe if your slick shiny bald. But that is not really my point anyway. Look at the way that stuff grew a thumb. There was no skin where the missing part of the thumbs was. Where the missing part of the thumb was there was only AIR. But then the stuff grew thumb tissue where before there was air. Where did it get the cells/info from? I think it got the info/cells from the tissue that was still there and healthy - I’m talking about the stump. The stuff used the info in the stop, just before where the stump bordered air, as a template and made more skin/tissue and produced a thumb. It extended the thumb into space that was air before the stuff was applied to the stump.

»
» Heart cells, before you can grow a heart?

Hair cells will be found in the healthy tissue surrounding the area that will be harvested. Picture the entire back of the head. It is all donor tissue. Imagine a quarter sized circle in the back of the head and imagine removing that quarter sized piece of scalp tissue from the donor area. Once you remove that quarter sized piece of healthy tissue there will be a hole in the skin because you will have removed that quarter sized piece. All the tissue surrounding the quarter sized hole will be healthy donor area tissue, the same as the quarter sized piece you removed, and ACEL will use the info in that healthy donor area surrounding the hole to fill the hole back in, without sutures closing that area. It will just fill back in like it was before you took the quarter sized piece and then you can go back to that same area for more donor tissue. Now I’m not sure this is what ACEL is doing, but it sure seems like it might be what is happening.

»
» That’s exactly NOT what I’m talking about: What if you need skin cells
» before you can grow skin?
»
» Heart cells, before you can grow a heart?
»
» Won’t you need some existing hair follicle cells before you can grow a new
» hair follicle?

I think the ACEL might somehow create/clone/cultivate the cells from the healthy area and then slowly move those cells to the wounded area.

»
» Strip harvesting should remove all traces of hair follicles and their
» cells from the donor site.

The strips come from inside the donor area, but some donor area is left intact and perfectly healthy around the holes left by the strips being harvested.

»
» So, how does Acell know to grow hair follicles or any other organ, for
» that matter, whose cells are not present?

How did the stuff grow a thumb where there was only air before growing the thumb? It gets the info from the remaining healthy tissue that is bordering the area that you are trying to grow healthy tissue in. Remember I am not talking about cutting up our bald areas and having hair grow in. I am talking about creating an unlimited supply of donor hair in your donor area. The unlimited supply of donor hair is made by using ACEL to repeatedly replenish the donor area, after each large harvestation, until you have gotten all you need to restore a full head of hair to the bald area. You could go back to the donor area over and over again because you could replenish it over and over and over again as needed.