The Sweet Spot, Density, And What is Possible. Two Articles

Thanks dude. I still don’t know how you manage to do this 4X a day.

Do you do it at work or …do you come home and do it?

By “do it” i mean apply the minox :slight_smile: lol

» Thanks dude. I still don’t know how you manage to do this 4X a day.
»
» Do you do it at work or …do you come home and do it?
»
» By “do it” i mean apply the minox :slight_smile: lol

The combing of hair is 100% true in terms of hiding bald/balding spots on the scalp. It’s the #1 reason why pics of patients can’t be trusted when showing off their hair transplant. I showed amazing hair transplant results and left everyone in “awe”, et all I had to do (and will be doing this weekend) was comb my hair down for everyone to see the disaster and bald areas.

And blow drying of the hair DOES make it appear thicker, combine that with a certain style any screwed up hair transplant can be put forward to look great (I know because I did it).

As far as the minox goes, Freddie it is a pain in the @ss I feel you there, but what gets my @ss up and apply it at least twice a day is imagining how my head will look with an island in front and bald everywhere else with zero grafts available (or zero funds available) for further transplants.

Jo, I’ve spoken to you on the phone numerous times and want to sincerely thank you from the bottom of my heart for your support and taking time out to answer m inquiries and questions. You didn;t have to when I was Armani’s patient, but you did nonetheless because that clinic persists on ignoring me. Thanks a million and your clinic is top on my list for one final and last transplant. (I already have a scar from my first strip and I think I can push for another strip… a third time may be impossible due to the elasticity issue.

I just wanted to jump in for a sec and say real quick that you brought up a VERY interesting [point of discussion . One that i have a lot to add to in regards to the different optical illusions that are created when a thin head of hair is filmed,video’d,and photographed. I have a bunch of things to share after years of observing these strange sticks of light,shadow,and blowdrying! Be back in a few hours to elaborate!!! See you guys then. Best regards, Justin

… sticks ? of light ? lol. Sorry TRICKS of light. -J

» … sticks ? of light ? lol. Sorry TRICKS of light. -J

I thought you were making a reference to candles there for a second!

Hi Guys !! Whats goin on? Hope everyone is doing okay tonight. Id like to talk about a what was brought up in an above post. Im excited to talk about it because ive noticed a few things through the years that I feel really mislead my fellow hairloss sufferers. A few things that have easily tricked a LOT of people. More importantly,that ive never seen addressed on ANY hairloss forum. Serious stuff… First. When hairtransplants are viewed in person,the thickness,or should I say thin-ness is easily visible. However,when that very same thin hair is photographed with a flash,or filmed with overhead lighting,a little talked about optical illusion happens. Light makes a shadow of the hair onto the head. So hair count in effect becomes doubled once you visulize each strand of hair and its shadow that get cast onto the scalp. Gives the appearance of TWICE as much hair. I cant tell you how many times my sister,or friends ,would show me a picture of a guy they know on line,only to finally meet them and see that there hair is very thin in person even though the picture they use on line is very up to date. Many of you here at Hairsite have asked me to take pix of my Minox results so I made sure to do so with very bright,direct lighting in my bathroom,close up,with my hair wet just out of the shower,and with the Minox just applyed so that you guys are really seeing a bright close up picture of my hair/scalp. Another thing, When hairtransplant places do photo/video shoots of there clients results,I notoce that they ALWAYS use a lighting set up that utilizes a set of at least four lights. It isnt as a favor to you. It isnt so that we are seeing a bright clear image of incredible transplant work. Its because guess what four lights do for each strand of hair on the scalp? Yep, four seperate lines of shadow per ONE transplanted hair. This is NEVER brought up and now its time it gets addressed. The other gag I hate is when the doc shows JUST blowdried transplanted hair being combed drectly back or straight down forward to show “how full it is” Another illusion to make it look thick. What they SHOULD do to show the viewer at home how thick a transplanted area is ? Use a comb to gently lift the hair STRAIGHT up. Thats the only way you see the transplanted areas REAL thickness/density. Ill be back in a few minutes after dinner to talk about my journey with Minoxidil and the type of side effects Ive had with it. Best, J Ps. Im also going to try to get the pix of my hair/head up on-line here as well. If I cant,Ill post my email address and you guys can inquire there.

Real Quick MJ2003, You were a patient of Armani’s ? Back when I needed transplants,I was about to go there. They seeemed like the BEST clinic in the world to me. What is ypour opinion? It sounded like you may not have been satisfied with there work? Just wonderin bro. If you dont want to discuss it,thats fine. J.

» Real Quick MJ2003, You were a patient of Armani’s ? Back when I needed
» transplants,I was about to go there. They seeemed like the BEST clinic in
» the world to me. What is ypour opinion? It sounded like you may not have
» been satisfied with there work? Just wonderin bro. If you dont want to
» discuss it,thats fine. J.

Unhappy??? Dude, I’m suicidal. I didn’t write the LSAT last yr because I was losing my mind and couldn’t focus nor study. Unhappy? “Unhappy” would be a dream. I’m devastated. My self-confidense and self-esteem is sitting on the floors of the ocean.

Justin,

Well, what is apparent here is that what I have so far is a phenomenal base to build on with Toppik or other concealers. That much is obvious. However, I don’t want to get locked into any sort of dependence on the stuff. I’ve been there before with GLH (hair in a can from late night infomercials) and don’t want to go back down that road. No matter how awful that stuff looked I couldn’t stop using it because I felt that looking fake was better than being a NW5 with a pluggy hairline. Obviously, I got over it and moved on but I learned my lesson and won’t get trapped into something I like that again.

Yeah, my crown is thin but the front is not so thin. It is not nearly full density but it is full enough to not need anything at all. In fact, the photos I posted from my cell I’m not using much toppik in the front but just one light sprinkle. It is mainly from hair spray holding it all together. The back is very short compared to the front but once it grows out more and the new grafts come in it will still be thin but fuller than it is now and will blend better with the top.

I don’t see how you can find the time to use minox four times daily. DAYAM!

MJ,

I’m glad I can be of any support to you. Let me know if you need anything.

» cant tell you how many times my sister,or friends ,would show me a picture
» of a guy they know on line,only to finally meet them and see that there
» hair is very thin in person even though the picture they use on line is
» very up to date.

You are right on. In some photos, my hair looks fuller than others. Its all a trick of light and shadow and hair transplant mills advertising on TV milk that to the max using angles and lighting to hide everything.

But if you actually met the guy in real life, you’d laugh at how obvious his hair transplant looks.

Its a real temptation for me to get a hair transplant. But I’m holding off in the (unlikely) hope that a cure will be discovered in the next 3 years and I will be saved. I just don’t want to get on the hair transplant treadmill having to run just to stay even as hair vanishes.

» Unhappy??? Dude, I’m suicidal. I didn’t write the LSAT last yr because I
» was losing my mind and couldn’t focus nor study. Unhappy? “Unhappy” would
» be a dream. I’m devastated. My self-confidense and self-esteem is sitting
» on the floors of the ocean.

Just know that you are doing all you can right now to remedy the situation. Worrying about it any more isn’t going to help you. We really need a cure for this.

First company to find it will be richer than Bill Gates easily.

Hi Guys,I posted pix in a new section in the Topicals Forum. Hope you guys like em. I shot them with BRIGHT light just six inches from my scalp with my hair wet on top. I hope everyone here is hanging in there and thanks for all the feedback MJ,Fred,and Jotronic!!