The PGD2 inhibitor being looked at maybe not strong enough

The study involving setipiprant has been discontinued because the drug did not show efficacy. That could mean that the drug is not powerful enough to prompt the desired therapeutic effect. The company behind the drug, Actelion, has abandoned the drug altogether and will instead focus on a similar drug that is more potent. The fact that Actelion has abandoned setipiprant altogether and is instead studying its’ more potent version of the same type of drug could mean that setipiprant is too weak to work for hair growth too. It might be wiser to get the stronger version of this type of drug rather than the weaker version.

http://www1.actelion.com/en/our-company/news-and-events/index.page?newsId=1598979

There is talk that Merck also has a similar drug but I think it’s a little diffeent from what we are looking for so it won’t work for our purposes.

uh the purpose of the study was not to measure the effects of hair growth. That drug was made to treat allergic inflammation.

Oxagen is still in business and it looks like their CRTH2 antagonist is pretty effective

» uh the purpose of the study was not to measure the effects of hair growth.
» That drug was made to treat allergic inflammation.
»
» Oxagen is still in business and it looks like their CRTH2 antagonist is
» pretty effective

Is the oxagen CRTH2 antagonist the one called setipiprant? The articles I read talked about two of these types of drugs one is by Merck and the other is setipiprant, which is supposedly made by Actelion. But now I am starting to think that the Oxagen drug is a totally different one - a 3rd one. If the Oxagen drug is a 3rd drug and not the merck drug or setipiprant then could you please tell me what phase study the Oxagen drug is in???

» Is the oxagen CRTH2 antagonist the one called setipiprant? The articles I
» read talked about two of these types of drugs one is by Merck and the other
» is setipiprant, which is supposedly made by Actelion. But now I am starting
» to think that the Oxagen drug is a totally different one - a 3rd one. If
» the Oxagen drug is a 3rd drug and not the merck drug or setipiprant then
» could you please tell me what phase study the Oxagen drug is in???

Phase 2

» » Is the oxagen CRTH2 antagonist the one called setipiprant? The articles
» I
» » read talked about two of these types of drugs one is by Merck and the
» other
» » is setipiprant, which is supposedly made by Actelion. But now I am
» starting
» » to think that the Oxagen drug is a totally different one - a 3rd one.
» If
» » the Oxagen drug is a 3rd drug and not the merck drug or setipiprant then
» » could you please tell me what phase study the Oxagen drug is in???
»
» oxagen.co.uk
»
» Phase 2

So this looks like a different drug than the other two drugs although I am not 100% sure of that. If it is a seperate 3rd drug then this is very exciting because one of the drugs (Merck’s) works on the wrong receptor, and the other drug, setipiprant, has been discontinued. So if this oxagen drug is a seperate and 3rd drug already in phase 2 then it is prggressing in clinical trials and it’s in late phase 2. So if this is a seperate 3rd drug the big question is whether or not Cotsarelis is right or not. If he’s wrong then CRTH2 antagonists, including Oxagen’s drug, will be useless at growing hair. However, if he’s right then a cure for hair loss is 18 - 24 months away.

PGD2 might be useful for people who have not lost hair but are just about to.

But I doubt it will resurrect follicles already destroyed by DHT.

DHT is the destroyer of worlds.

» PGD2 might be useful for people who have not lost hair but are just about
» to.
»
» But I doubt it will resurrect follicles already destroyed by DHT.
»
» DHT is the destroyer of worlds.

Follicles aren’t getting “DESTROYED”, they’re just shrunk. MPB is a non-scarring type of hair loss

» PGD2 might be useful for people who have not lost hair but are just about
» to.
»
» But I doubt it will resurrect follicles already destroyed by DHT.
»
» DHT is the destroyer of worlds.

Your post is baseless nonsense. You need to go back to school.