Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

The Effectiveness of Stand Alone ACell and PRP Treatment

How much is this going to cost per treatment? I mean PRP and Acell combined.

If an Acell/PRP combo treatment can thicken hair when done once a year, I wonder what might happen with more frequent sessions. Once every 6 months doesn’t seem too excessive to me.

I wonder if there is only a certain amount of regrowth/thickening possible from this method like with Fin/Dut. It could be one of those situations where doing more of the treatment just makes your progress go faster and reach its inevitable plateau sooner. I dunno.

After we posted our patient’s photos in another forum, the forum’s owner called Dr. Cole and mentioned that a doctor in Florida administers PRP in some cases more frequently than once per year with excellent results.

CITNews works at Dr. Cole’s office

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Phone 678-566-1011
email CITNews at chuck@forhair.com

How long does it take to administer the treatment? If I fly to Atlanta in the morning, can I leave in the afternoon the very same day? Do people have swelling in their foreheads after treatment like hair transplants? What I am getting at is can I return to work the next day and look normal or do I need a couple days to recover. one of the biggest drawbacks with hair transplant is that you can’t really go out in public post-op without looking like a freak. (sorry to those who went through it).

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by reiner[/postedby]
How long does it take to administer the treatment? If I fly to Atlanta in the morning, can I leave in the afternoon the very same day? Do people have swelling in their foreheads after treatment like hair transplants? What I am getting at is can I return to work the next day and look normal or do I need a couple days to recover. one of the biggest drawbacks with hair transplant is that you can’t really go out in public post-op without looking like a freak. (sorry to those who went through it).[/quote]

It generally takes 2-3 hours, perhaps 4 hours in some cases to administer PRP treatment. Some patients get some swelling, so it’s a good idea to allow a few days for the swelling to subside.

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Phone 678-566-1011

CIT, how does Dr. Cole give Acell treatment to his patients? I thought you need to create a wound in the site in order for Acell to be effective. I want to know about the cost too for one session of PRP-Acell treatment.

BTW, it is Dr. Greco who does PRP in Florida, but last I checked he doesn’t offer Acell.

I was wondering if your office has experimented with A-Cell and treated the donor and/or the recipient areas 1-2-3 months post-op, either topically, or by injecting an A-Cell solution into the scalp. And if you have tried something like this, what type of results have you observed?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by HMorHT[/postedby]
CIT, how does Dr. Cole give Acell treatment to his patients? I thought you need to create a wound in the site in order for Acell to be effective. I want to know about the cost too for one session of PRP-Acell treatment.

BTW, it is Dr. Greco who does PRP in Florida, but last I checked he doesn’t offer Acell.[/quote]

Dr. Cole has degrees in both Chemistry and Biology. He could best answer your question, but here is my take:
Miniaturization of hair follicles caused by DHT is most likely “registered” within the human body as “damage”. I believe this because PRP enhances the repair of damaged tissue elsewhere in the body as in the example of sports injuries. I believe that ACell adds a “remodeling” enhancement to PRP’s healing benefits.

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Phone 678-566-1011

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by fordham[/postedby]
I was wondering if your office has experimented with A-Cell and treated the donor and/or the recipient areas 1-2-3 months post-op, either topically, or by injecting an A-Cell solution into the scalp. And if you have tried something like this, what type of results have you observed?[/quote]

I have seen the benefits of micro needling also known as derma rolling. PRP + ACell, derma rolled may improve hypopigmented scars. I will ask Dr. Cole about this.

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Phone 678-566-1011

this is pretty impressive too if it was just acell and prp and nothing else, was he on propecia minoxidl or anything after being treated with acell and prp?

I’ve had Prp with Dr. Greco four times…Saw dramatic improvement the first time and nothing on the other three. He uses his own ecm extracellular matrix which is supposed to be comparable to Acell. He charges $800, when you are desperate you will try anything and i just don’t think it does anything.

I had Prp without ECM from a Dr. in Miami and it did nothing as well.

Finally, had PRP with acell from Dr. Bauman and did not see results from that either. Save your money PRP with or without ACEll doesn’t do much.

There are a ton of docs who offer it now but it’s not the solution.

In the before pic the hair is wet and clumped together whereas in the after pic the hair is dry and loose. The result of this is that in the after pic there appears to be more hair but it may really be the result of clumped hair being allowed to fall loosely so those hairs spread out.

Imagine if you untied a pony tail and the hair clumped togeher in the pony tails would then spread out.

Cody,

Your message is internally inconsistent. You say that you saw dramatic improvement with your first session, but conclude that “i just don’t think it does anything.”

Did you maintain the “dramatic improvement” that you saw with the first treatment? Is it possible you reached a plateau?

My face when i read about A-cell & PRP.

JarJar,

I am the one in the picture. I am not here to sell the prp/acell treatment just give my honest opinion. The first round in 2011 worked ok, the next round in 2012 worked better for some reason. I am a month out of the lastest treatment, I took some photos myself 2 weeks ago.

Again I have been on Avodart since 03, so nothing new in the sense of DHT blockers. As stated may or may not work.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cody1212[/postedby]
I’ve had Prp with Dr. Greco four times…Saw dramatic improvement the first time and nothing on the other three. He uses his own ecm extracellular matrix which is supposed to be comparable to Acell. He charges $800, when you are desperate you will try anything and i just don’t think it does anything.

Finally, had PRP with acell from Dr. Bauman and did not see results from that either. Save your money PRP with or without ACEll doesn’t do much.

There are a ton of docs who offer it now but it’s not the solution.[/quote]

Did you ask Dr. Greco why it worked so well the first time only? Did he change the formula or did something differently the other times?

Can you define “dramatic improvement”? Hair loss stopped immediately or did you actually see regrowth? How long after the first treatment when you noticed dramatic improvement?

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cody1212[/postedby]

There are a ton of docs who offer it now but it’s not the solution.[/quote]