Dear forum readers,
I have written the guidelines for use of body donor hair at
They give an idea of how to correctly use body donor hair.
However, I feel its equally important that we discuss the inadequacies of BHT too.
Just like scalp hair HT has its inadequacies, so has BHT. Its helpful to understand them and thus make an informed choice/plan.
I hope this will help prospective patients get a balnced view and plan their hair restorations better.
The more obvious of the inadequacies of body hair are -
- Shorter hair length,
- Lesser hair calibre/diameter,
- Less number of hair per graft,
- Shorter duration of anagen/growth phase,
- Lesser %age of hair in anagen/growth phase,
- Shorter overall duration of the hair growth cycles.
Others being difference in color, curl and predisposition to greying.