The Blame Game

I am amazed at a common practice that goes on with numerous Hair Transplant Surgeons. It is called Blame the Patient for your poor results. This happened to me way back in 1993 with Dr. Matt Leavitt. After going through numerous surgeries and still having donor area showing to the naked eye, Scalp Reduction scars and Grafts that were growing in all directions I was told that my expectations were not Realistic. When we see the ads of men who look very bald and then the " Afters" with full heads of hair that I assume is what the patient would expect. Leavitt then told me after all of his work to " Get a Hairpiece". I did this for 14 years and then one week in 2007 after living through a summer in Arizona, I realized there was no way to keep this dam thing on in 120 degree weather. I then went to Dr. Woods and began my corrective surgeries. It has been a godsend but Dr. Woods did only inherit a very, very limited donor supply with scars in every area of my scalp. I can now go out in public with a very good look but I want every patient who goes through a corrective route that there is no guarantee you will get a full looking head of hair. I do have tons of hair and am very very grateful to not to wear that awful thing. I do warn every person though that from what I have seen Please do not expect that High School head of hair. Ain’t gonna happen. I do recommend having surgery done but warn every person not to get too high on a thick head of hair because of the ever present Donor supply to Demand rule. This is especially true in higher norwood scales. Remember if you do this surgery start off correctly because once you have scar tissue and limited donor issues you have a problem. That being said I plan to send some pics in after feb 7th as this will be my 5th mark since my last surgery. I am very pleased in all of my corrective work. It in a way is a miracle because least now I can go around the world without the worry of a Hairpiece. I would however Stress that Realistic Expectations are just that. Do not expect to have that full, full looking head of hair you see in a model magazine. If you do, get that in writing from your surgeon.

I have no faith even to the so called best in these forums I wouldnt go near hair transplants in general.

what is happening in these forums is unheard off in the medical community. do you see other forums about aesthetic procedures with so much ups & downs,clinic wars, drama, lawsuits, suicidal people, censorship and such.

something is very wrong and i doubt we hear the bad stories, i am not even sure that the good stories we hear are always real or there are kickbacks. better stay away from all these to be sure and safe(sane)

» I have no faith even to the so called best in these forums I wouldnt go
» near hair transplants in general.
»
» what is happening in these forums is unheard off in the medical community.
» do you see other forums about aesthetic procedures with so much ups &
» downs,clinic wars, drama, lawsuits, suicidal people, censorship and such.
»
» something is very wrong and i doubt we hear the bad stories, i am not even
» sure that the good stories we hear are always real or there are kickbacks.
» better stay away from all these to be sure and safe(sane)

I understand and do somewhat agree with you. This field is not totally 100% accurate. It is a practice of science. Remember Doctors are in a Practice. I doubt that we hear all that is truly going on in this field on many of these sites. I will say though that Only 1 Doctor did help me but I understand that reality is reality. I would have done my corrective surgeries again but psychologically I have been spent for decades with this problem. You are right in that how many other fields do you see forums like this. Can you imagine a forum for Boob Jobs or Penile implants. " Well my doctor did such a great job on my penile implant that it is now up in the morning before me. Horray" !! Every person would be running to that DR. You get my point. Beware of all of the cheering on these sites. I always have said when a Miracle for this problem comes along you will see no bald heads and someone will be very, very Wealthy. It will be all over the World News. Until then there are only limited options.

» Until then there are only limited options.

maybe they are more limited that what people think in these forums.

The hair transplantation field is really a journey into a minefield! It seems that the question is not if you will step into a mine but WHEN you will step the mine, if you take the transplant road. For others it happens from the beginning others step on it later on as hair loss progresses.

» The hair transplantation field is really a journey into a minefield! It
» seems that the question is not if you will step into a mine but WHEN you
» will step the mine, if you take the transplant road. For others it happens
» from the beginning others step on it later on as hair loss progresses.

Brother you are right on. I’m scared to death of doing any transplant after reading a bunch of horror stories. The drama with doctors & shills aside, I’m afraid of how much more hair I might end up losing months, years, decades after a transplant. The industry is setup to put people on a treadmill of endless transplants draining them of all their savings.

I’ve decided to bare this burden and wait it out using avodart/propecia/minox/nizoral in the distant hope that Histogen or some company might cure us of this disease. I pray that we all are cured from this.