The Biden Alernative

Most guys make fun of Joe Biden, and say he had such a bad HT, well i think he fixed it recently since if you see him now he seems to look very natural from the front

but his case is an important one if you ask me. It demonstrates an alternative that most guys do not think of. Take biden for example, I am pretty sure he is close to a NW7 at least his crown is so far down in the back its ridiculous. Lets assume he is a NW7. There is no way in hell he can transplant that scalp and look natural if he tries to fill it in.

To me what he did, he looks way way better than he would bald. Even though it looks kind of odd. I bet many people do not know he had a transplant and think he just balded on his crown.

This transplanting the frontal top and hairline only, is not something that is discussed often if ever by the board members. They want ALL THE BALDNESS FILLED IN, and if they do not have enough scalp, they want to use body hair, or hold out for HM and hope that comes to the rescue

I think this is a bit ridiculous. lets say body hair is too expensive and then now you have HM but its not showing anything in the near future , so now what? If you are very bald? There is no way you have enough scalp hair to do a nice job and make it look natural. it would look so thin people would laugh at you and know something is wrong

but if you did the way Biden did, sure it still looks like he is thinning A LOT, and has a big bald crown but look at the front on pics of his face. He looks fantastic for his age and the hair looks great.

I dont know why more guys dont consider this option

I agree Hangin but…

He looks pretty good from the front (and side), especially for a repair patient, IMO.

You know me though.
I’d at least “dust” the crown with some beard hair and body hair to soften the harsh transition to the fringe. ; )

If JB didn’t have the harsh plugs for so long before being repaired but he had a good HT in front from the start, I think we’d classify him in the rare balding pattern of Al Gore.

What happened to Al’s bald spot and thinning hairline?
His hair looks great these days.

before?

strip?

after?

Hmmmm.

» Most guys make fun of Joe Biden, and say he had such a bad HT, well i think
» he fixed it recently since if you see him now he seems to look very natural
» from the front
»
» but his case is an important one if you ask me. It demonstrates an
» alternative that most guys do not think of. Take biden for example, I am
» pretty sure he is close to a NW7 at least his crown is so far down in the
» back its ridiculous. Lets assume he is a NW7. There is no way in hell he
» can transplant that scalp and look natural if he tries to fill it in.
»
» To me what he did, he looks way way better than he would bald. Even though
» it looks kind of odd. I bet many people do not know he had a transplant and
» think he just balded on his crown.
»
» This transplanting the frontal top and hairline only, is not something
» that is discussed often if ever by the board members. They want ALL THE
» BALDNESS FILLED IN, and if they do not have enough scalp, they want to use
» body hair, or hold out for HM and hope that comes to the rescue
»
» I think this is a bit ridiculous. lets say body hair is too expensive and
» then now you have HM but its not showing anything in the near future , so
» now what? If you are very bald? There is no way you have enough scalp hair
» to do a nice job and make it look natural. it would look so thin people
» would laugh at you and know something is wrong
»
» but if you did the way Biden did, sure it still looks like he is thinning
» A LOT, and has a big bald crown but look at the front on pics of his face.
» He looks fantastic for his age and the hair looks great.
»
» I dont know why more guys dont consider this option

Do you honestly think his hairstyle is an acceptable option for a younger guy… especially a younger guy with dark hair? I don’t think so. If someone’s facing down the barrel of a quick-approaching NW7 than they’d be wise to shave it off until a legitimate cure comes around. It’s very rare to see someone reverse a NW7 with surgery. Dr A did a fine job on one fella - with a sparse-sprinkle of hair across his nogin, BUT those results are impossibly rare.

Now, please, don’t get me wrong, I’m NOT laughing at Biden’s hairstyle, it’s rather acceptable for someone his age. Than again, it’s also a 2-Dimensional transplant… meaning it only looks good in pictures where he’s facing the camera.

“Do you honestly think his hairstyle is an acceptable option for a younger guy… especially a younger guy with dark hair? I don’t think so.”

True.
It works for him because he is an older man.
The grey hair really helps him pull it off.

However someone could have an HT in their 20s (like myself) and look “restored” for many years.
Over time, when the patient reaches 50 and beyond, Joe’s look might be acceptable to many (including myself) if the hairloss continued.

Here’s a good example of a youngish NW6/7 patient using head hair, beard hair and BH.
This patient is WAY better off than Joe, IMO.

This result would not have been possible with head-hair alone.
There is hope for many of our high NW brothers.

I’ll bet JB has some good BH and beard hair to work with. ; )

Peace.

Biden’s hair does not look natural at all, just from the overall pattern of the hair.

These HT clinics are always pushing the “keep the front and end up with a bald crown eventually” idea. But does it actually look natural? Not really. Other people don’t need to be able to explain exactly what’s wrong with your hair pattern just to get the impression that something weird is going on.

What typically occurs NATURALLY is a NW#5 situation.

That’s NOT a NW#1.5 front with a NW#6.5 crown behind it, like half these transplant clinics would have you believe these days (which really helps them sell NW#1.5 temple transplants to 22yo kids rapidly headed to NW#6).

When nature leaves the front remaining and the crown bald, that remaining front normally has absolutely no temples left. It usually looks no less than NW#3. Fact. This is overwhelmingly more common than anything else in front once the crown is really showing skin in a spot the size of a tennis ball.

And what the natural NW#5 gets in back is normally a BALD-ING crown, not a BALD-ED crown. The crown’s bald “spot” should not be the size of a grapefruit with a sharp contrast at the spot’s edges (like Joe Biden has). The crown loss should be a much smaller spot, not totally shiny, that very gradually fades into thicker hair around it.

HT clinics should not be selling guys NW#1-2 hairlines when they’re gonna have totally bald crowns in a few years.

They can point to a small percentage of the time this actually happens in nature, and they’re technically correct. But does this scenario really look “natural” to other people, even when it IS natural?

» » Most guys make fun of Joe Biden, and say he had such a bad HT, well i
» think
» » he fixed it recently since if you see him now he seems to look very
» natural
» » from the front
» »
» » but his case is an important one if you ask me. It demonstrates an
» » alternative that most guys do not think of. Take biden for example, I
» am
» » pretty sure he is close to a NW7 at least his crown is so far down in
» the
» » back its ridiculous. Lets assume he is a NW7. There is no way in hell
» he
» » can transplant that scalp and look natural if he tries to fill it in.
» »
» » To me what he did, he looks way way better than he would bald. Even
» though
» » it looks kind of odd. I bet many people do not know he had a transplant
» and
» » think he just balded on his crown.
» »
» » This transplanting the frontal top and hairline only, is not something
» » that is discussed often if ever by the board members. They want ALL THE
» » BALDNESS FILLED IN, and if they do not have enough scalp, they want to
» use
» » body hair, or hold out for HM and hope that comes to the rescue
» »
» » I think this is a bit ridiculous. lets say body hair is too expensive
» and
» » then now you have HM but its not showing anything in the near future ,
» so
» » now what? If you are very bald? There is no way you have enough scalp
» hair
» » to do a nice job and make it look natural. it would look so thin people
» » would laugh at you and know something is wrong
» »
» » but if you did the way Biden did, sure it still looks like he is
» thinning
» » A LOT, and has a big bald crown but look at the front on pics of his
» face.
» » He looks fantastic for his age and the hair looks great.
» »
» » I dont know why more guys dont consider this option
»
» Do you honestly think his hairstyle is an acceptable option for a younger
» guy… especially a younger guy with dark hair? I don’t think so. If
» someone’s facing down the barrel of a quick-approaching NW7 than they’d be
» wise to shave it off until a legitimate cure comes around. It’s very rare
» to see someone reverse a NW7 with surgery. Dr A did a fine job on one fella
» - with a sparse-sprinkle of hair across his nogin, BUT those results are
» impossibly rare.
»
» Now, please, don’t get me wrong, I’m NOT laughing at Biden’s hairstyle,
» it’s rather acceptable for someone his age. Than again, it’s also a
» 2-Dimensional transplant… meaning it only looks good in pictures where
» he’s facing the camera.
I probably wouldnt advise this type of transplant for a guy in his 20s. But then again maybe some younger patients could pull it off by adding some hair product and going the slick look, which would make it look denser, and less fly awayish. Just a thought.