The 5 year efficiency of Propecia

Well this is my fifth year on Propecia, and I do have to say that I have started losing some ground in the crown area this fifth year. My hair was quite thickened up in that region thanks to Propecia, but this year for some reason some thinning has taken place. I didn’t believe the hype of the “5 year” efficacy of the pill, but it def. seems to be the case with me. Maybe I should switch to DUT? Not sure if it’s safe and proven though. Plus, a lot of people have written about their major shed with DUT but then never came back to update whether or not that shed was temporary.

Are you using rogaine too? I’ve been on propecia for about 9 years and i’ve noticed my hairline in the last 2 years, but very slowly…

» Well this is my fifth year on Propecia, and I do have to say that I have
» started losing some ground in the crown area this fifth year. My hair was
» quite thickened up in that region thanks to Propecia, but this year for
» some reason some thinning has taken place. I didn’t believe the hype of the
» “5 year” efficacy of the pill, but it def. seems to be the case with me.
» Maybe I should switch to DUT? Not sure if it’s safe and proven though.
» Plus, a lot of people have written about their major shed with DUT but then
» never came back to update whether or not that shed was temporary.

What are you taking for dosage on propecia? When did you hit the 5 year mark?

I have talked to alot of people that have been on propecia much longer then 5 years and it is still working strong for them. Hopefully you are just going thru a slight shed and you’ll bounce back.

I’ve noticed many ppl here say that after the 5th year on Propecia it loses it’s effect. can we plz have a feedback on this from all the users that are on it for more then 5 years, so that the others know, maybe it’s worth a switch even earlier, or is it just another temporary shed?