Testing my signature

Not complete…but since Hangin’ insisted…had to start and test for now.

» Not complete…but since Hangin’ insisted…had to start and test for now.

i like the url links, good idea might try that

» » Not complete…but since Hangin’ insisted…had to start and test for now.
»
» i like the url links, good idea might try that

:smiley:

» » » Not complete…but since Hangin’ insisted…had to start and test for
» now.
» »
» » i like the url links, good idea might try that
»
» :smiley:

BTW…I’m using TinyCC at the moment because I found out the other one can, supposedly, send off adware.

» » » » Not complete…but since Hangin’ insisted…had to start and test for
» » now.
» » »
» » » i like the url links, good idea might try that
» »
» » :smiley:
»
» BTW…I’m using TinyCC at the moment because I found out the other one can,
» supposedly, send off adware.

Jacob, you seem to be the topicals guru here. Can you show some pictures of your hair?

» » » » » Not complete…but since Hangin’ insisted…had to start and test
» for
» » » now.
» » » »
» » » » i like the url links, good idea might try that
» » »
» » » :smiley:
» »
» » BTW…I’m using TinyCC at the moment because I found out the other one
» can,
» » supposedly, send off adware.
»
» Jacob, you seem to be the topicals guru here. Can you show some pictures
» of your hair?

lol dont hold your breath

» »
» Jacob, you seem to be the topicals guru here. Can you show some pictures
» of your hair?

You’re new here…I haven’t been posting much…and yet I’m the “topicals guru” here. “Craig”.

And look at your posts :lol2:

To answer your question- no. You’ll get the same answer from Hangin’, who must be holding his breath, as well as 99% of ppl here.

Jacob:

How did you come across the RepHair stuff and what is so special about it? What are the ingredients in the shampoo? Have you used it before?

» » »
» » Jacob, you seem to be the topicals guru here. Can you show some
» pictures
» » of your hair?
»
» You’re new here…I haven’t been posting much…and yet I’m the “topicals
» guru” here. “Craig”.
»
» And look at your posts :lol2:
»
» To answer your question- no. You’ll get the same answer from Hangin’, who
» must be holding his breath, as well as 99% of ppl here.

the main difference between me and jacob

jacob demains pics from other posters, yet wont post his own

i never demand pics or request pics from anyone…:smiley:

»
»
» the main difference between me and jacob
»
» jacob demains pics from other posters, yet wont post his own
»
» i never demand pics or request pics from anyone…:smiley:

Demains?

But actually I don’t. I have questioned a few of those posted and asked for clearer ones etc, but I don’t initially ask for them. Kudos to those who will post them and any that are asked for though.

Jacob:

How did you come across the RepHair stuff and what is so special about it? What are the ingredients in the shampoo? Have you used it before?

» Jacob:
»
» How did you come across the RepHair stuff and what is so special about it?
» What are the ingredients in the shampoo? Have you used it before?

I was just looking for styling type products that also had ingredients beneficial for hair- a styling product that also works as a topical :ok:

I guess if there’s anything special about it it’s that it’s the only one with the AC-11 in it(they have the rights to it so I doubt it’ll be in anything else)…it also contains other beneficial ingredients…and it does volumize my hair and works great for the type of hold I need. On the shampoo…all of the above minus the styling and volumizing- haven’t used it on it’s own to see if it adds any volume.

On the AC-11 itself- not much on hair but it looks good on paper:

"AC-11 and Dimericine Two DNA Repair Enhancers

Two new substances, AC-11 and Dimericine, appear to enhance the DNA repair capacity of cells. These substances might have use in treating patients with xeroderma pigmentosa and in enhancing the ability of sun blocks to prevent ultraviolet-induced cellular damage.

AC-11 is the successor compound to C-MED-100[R] the first nutraceutical having FDA permission to claim natural DNA repair activity. AC-11 is a Cat’s Claw (Uncaria tomentosa) water extract that is claimed to be a highly effective antiaging treatment of skin because of several mechanisms: NF-kB inhibition blocking inflammatory cytokine production (eg, TNF alpha), antioxidant properties via electrophilic scavenging and NF-kB inhibition reducing surface peroxides, and enhancement of DNA repair by reducing macromolecular expression and damage and decreasing cellular replication of damaged DNA. When AC-11 is applied topically to skin it decreases the number of “sun burnt cells” and pathogenic DNA dimers induced by ultraviolet light. AC-11 can be taken orally or applied topically. It is made by Optigenex Inc."

Some links on it:

http://www.ac-11.com/ac-11_prod/clinical_studies.asp
http://www.skinandaging.com/article/5336 (scroll down)
http://www.skinandaging.com/article/5336

A review: “THE PILL: Pierre Michel RepHair THE CLAIM: AC-11, a proprietary extract of Uncaria tomentosa (the cat’s-claw plant from the rain forest), repairs damaged DNA in hair cells to reduce dryness, thinning, and breakage while increasing shine and thickness. COST: $24 for a 30-day supply GLASSMAN SAYS: “Oral supplements can only affect the new hair growing in. Hair ends are old and dead, so applying a treatment would be better for dry, split ends. And while cat’s claw is anti-inflammatory and anticarcinogenic, there’s not enough research to show any benefits for hair.” MC EDITORS’ VERDICT: Our tester’s mane felt thicker and fuller after one week and held up to multiple blowdrying and flat-ironing sessions without drying out. After three weeks, she started noticing new growth along her hairline and received at least one compliment a day about how healthy her hair looked. BOTTOM LINE: ****1/2”

Review on the volumizer:
http://jackandhill.typepad.com/jack_and_hill_a_beauty_bl/2006/04/rephair_volumiz.html

Ingredients for the shampoo(not responsible for typo’s):

Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate, Lauramide DEA, AC-11, Maltodextrin, Hyrdroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Matricaria Flower Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Nettle Extract, Equisetum Arvense Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Hops Extract, Wild Cherry Bark Extract, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

And now that I’ve typed 'em all out…I’m going to look into some of those, including those long ones at the end!

Edit…and I see they’re powerful preservatives. I’d like for them to go more natural(will even ask them too) but I’ve learned that not preserving things right can be just as much of a problem.

» Jacob:
»
» How did you come across the RepHair stuff and what is so special about it?
» What are the ingredients in the shampoo? Have you used it before?

See da udda posta.

Matricaria Flower Extract is Wild Chamomile
Equisetum Arvense Extract is Horsetail.
Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract is Comfrey.

The others I just posted the common names- such as Hops.

Thanks, Jacob. Sounds like some interesting stuff. I think I will give it a go.