TB4 containing topical(not specifically for hair)

And they use liposomes…

3 different products…don’t know which would be best…some will complain about some of the other ingredients…etc etc

As posted previously by bline:

Furrier Mice Yield Stem-Cell Discovery

By NICHOLAS WADE
Published: August 18, 2005
By making mice grow furrier coats, researchers have discovered that an enzyme known to serve as a last-ditch defense against cancer also activates adult stem cells, which the body uses to repair its tissues.

The insight could lead to new treatments for certain diseases, possibly even promoting hair growth in animals other than mice.

The research, reported by Steven E. Artandi and colleagues at Stanford University in Nature today, shows that adult stem cells can be activated by an enzyme called telomerase.

The finding is surprising because telomerase is well known in a quite different context, protecting against tumors by limiting the number of times a cell can divide. The new findings put the enzyme astride two major biological pathways, one that promotes the growth of new cells for maintaining tissues and the other that prevents the excessive growth that leads to tumors.

The finding is “very interesting and very tantalizing,” said Carol Greider, a telomerase expert at the Johns Hopkins University, who was not involved in the research.

Dr. Artandi chose to study the effects of telomerase on mouse fur not to develop a Rogaine for rodents, but because mice have an easily accessible stem cell system built into their skin. Each hair follicle has attached to it a small bulb full of stem cells. When the stem cells are activated, the follicle grows a new hair shaft.

Dr. Artandi’s team genetically engineered a strain of mice in which the telomerase gene could be turned on with a drug. When the mice were given this drug, the stem cells in their hair follicles proliferated, and the mice grew extra furry coats.

The usual role of telomerase is to maintain the telomeres, special lengths of DNA that cap each end of the chromosomes. But it performs this service only for egg and sperm cells and to some extent for stem cells.

The telomerase gene is switched off almost entirely in normal cells. So each time a normal cell divides, its telomeres become shorter, and after they dwindle to a certain length, the cell is forced into senescence and cannot divide again.

For several years, there have been hints that the telomerase protein performs some role other than just maintaining telomeres. Dr. Artandi said he had decided to look for that role in stem cells, because the gene that makes the enzyme is active in these cells.

To avoid confusion with the telomere-lengthening role of telomerase, he engineered the mice to lack the additional biochemical machinery needed to maintain telomeres. Thus when the mice were fed the telomerase-activating drug, the telomerase must have activated the stem cells in some way that did not involve their telomeres.

Dr. Artandi said he did not yet know how telomerase activated stem cells. But when this new pathway is understood, it may suggest ways of tackling diseases in which the right cells fail to proliferate like pancreatic islet cells in diabetes.

Normal male mice do not go bald as they age, but the research could still be significant for human beings. Anthony Oro, a dermatologist and co-author of the report, said the great challenge in male-pattern baldness was how to restart the arrested follicles.

The finding about telomerase in mice “doesn’t prove that this is the master regulator of all hair follicle cycling,” Dr. Oro said, but it helped define the players.

Telomerase experts not involved in this study are enthusiastic about the finding, which opens out an unexpected line of inquiry about their favorite gene. “I think it is an extremely important observation,” said Ron DePinho of the Harvard Medical School.

Elizabeth Blackburn of the University of California, San Francisco, said that “biologically it’s intriguing” that telomerase should have two such different roles. But, Dr. Blackburn added, it is too early to know whether this is just one of nature’s frequent economies in using the same protein to do two things.

» And they use liposomes…
»
»
» Page not found!
»
» 3 different products…don’t know which would be best…some will complain
» about some of the other ingredients…etc etc

Hey Jacob

Now that I have got my shampoo regime fixed.

I am presently concentrating on ways to reduce the " immune system" response topically and addressing some of the other factors involved.

What are the ingredients in this topical?

Regards
Pete

Is there a link where you can order the stuff? and how much does it cost?

I looked all over that site and couldn’t find where I could purchase it.

The ingreds can be seen at places such as this: Alastin, Avene, Auriderm, BABOR, BENEV, Biopelle, Blinc, Blomdahl, Cellex-C, Citrix, Colorescience, Cosmedix, Crystall Peel, DCL, DDF, DermaSwiss, Diva Deva, Donell, Dr Brandt, EltaMD, Emepelle, Epicuren, Epionce, eraclea, FactorFive, Glo Skin Beauty, GlyDerm, Glytone, Heliocare, HydroPeptide, ISDIN, Jan Marini, Janson Beckette, June Jacobs, K-Derm, La Roche-Posay, Lifeline, M.A.D. Skincare, Medicalia, MEG21, Neocutis, Neova, NuFACE, Nutrafol, Obagi, Osmotics, Phytozyme, Phyto-C, Pyratine, Rejuvaphyl, Rene Furturer, Repechage, Replenix, Retriderm, Revitalash, SkinMedica, Talika, Tensage, TiZO, Topix, Tricomin, Trind Nail Care, Tweezerman, Viviscal, Youngblood I’ve noticed not all show the same ingredients- some don’t list TB4 even. I called the company though and TB4 is in all 3 Transformation products.

BTW…they also have a topical that contains telomerase- search here for that.

Anywhere from $45-$70 depending upon where you get it and which one you get. You have to sign up at any store that sells it to be able to see a price.
See my other post.

Well…looks like I’ll be trying this stuff on some stubborn areas. Time will tell if it’s To B 4 it or against it.

I see they now make it available to purchase on the website you listed. Maybe it was there before, but I didn’t notice it. The cream and the serum are both $115. The eye cream is $78. Maybe I can find it cheaper other places.

I remember hearing about tb4 a while ago on hair forums, but people were talking about all the phases involved before they could sell it. They kept pushing it farther and farther ahead. When did tb4 become widely available to the public?

Perry

jacob,

These products look interesting. Have you decided which one you want to get? I’m interested in the transformation cream. Not only could it grow hair, but it could make my face look younger too, lol.

also which product contains telomerase?

Perry

The product likely contains the 43-Amino Acid sequence known as Thymosin Beta-4. This is NOT the active portion of TB4 that has been shown in studies to stimulate hair growth/regrowth. The “active” portion of the entire sequence is a 7-Amino Acid snippet of the molecule. There AINT NO WAY that you are going to get a molecule with 43 amino acids to penetrate the skin (unless you use a syringe).

The 7-AA sequence is quite unstable and probably will become denatured (rendered useless) in solution in a matter of two or three days. I am not so sure about the stability of the 43-AA sequence.

The polypeptide known as Thymosin Beta-4 has a molecular weight of about 4900. The UPPER limit of skin penetration (by penetration enhancers) is about 1200 (a quarter of the size of TB4). Minoxidil, for example, has a molecular weight of 209.

You’re forgetting they use liposomes and there’s also the follicle/pilosebaceous unit route of delivery. Not to mention the Dermaroller, if one wanted to use that.

I also seem to recall the NIH talking about using something else along with the TB4- or they were looking to. Another reason I think many didn’t do well with their “trial”. Didn’t they “discover” the hairgrowing properties by using plain ole TB4? It’s Saturday…I don’t feel like looking :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m using the serum…and you should be able to get it cheaper(Ebay even…if you trust that).

BTW…if you’re worried about Tgf-Beta 1…don’t use it. I’m not…especially where I’m applying it.

The Telomerase product can be seen here: Page not found! I’m a little more reluctant to use that stuff…

Liposomes-smiposomes. Nonetheless, good luck…you are going to need it. As for the dermaroller, I think that it does MUCH more harm than good.

I don’t plan on using the Dermaroller…although I think it’s safe if not overused or used where you have plenty of hair. It does help with absorption. The liposomes and what I discussed in my other post will be just fine :ok:

Jacob,

How has the serum been working for you? I saw some on ebay for $55. I might give it a try.

Perry

I doubt this Jan Marini product has REAL human telomerase enzyme in it.
It costs millions of dollars just to harvest one purified gram of that stuff.
There is a VERY expensive skin rejuvenation product (Peau Magnifique by REVIVE)that has actual telomerase in it… and it costs $1,500 for a one-month supply.

Check out this garbage:

Only a fool would pay $275 for this crap. I would be willing to bet that the ingredients in one bottle of this stuff cost them less than a dollar. What a load of crap. Ooh, but it does contain spironolactone. Big deal.

» Check out this garbage:
»
» Page not found!
»
» Only a fool would pay $275 for this crap. I would be willing to bet that
» the ingredients in one bottle of this stuff cost them less than a dollar.
» What a load of crap. Ooh, but it does contain spironolactone. Big deal.

it contains purified high quality H2O (miracle water).

» Jacob,
»
» How has the serum been working for you? I saw some on ebay for $55. I
» might give it a try.
»
» Perry

Way too early to say…and I use a # of other things so it won’t be easy to say :wink: Although I am using it on stubborn areas.

BTW…I see the same “complaints” in this thread. It either costs too much(the hair product is not $275 if you go outside of the manufacturers site…and like you said- Ebay)…or it’s supposed to cost much more. :ok:

“or it’s supposed to cost much more.”

Can I have some of what you are smoking?:rotfl: Name one of the ingredients in that bottle of $275 garbage that has even a marginal chance of contributing to regrowth. Spironolactone is NOT an acceptable answer.