Sugar causes hair loss?

Does sugar cause hair loss? I heard it causes inflammation of cells, I wonder if it is bad for your hair follicles too.

» Does sugar cause hair loss? I heard it causes inflammation of cells, I
» wonder if it is bad for your hair follicles too.

This one is a no brainer, the less sugar you eat the better. There is not one good thing about sugar. Stay away.

Does suger help hair? No.

Does sugar hurt hair? Probably very slightly.

Would you get visible improvement on your MPB if you totally swore off sugar? No way.

Would you slow down your lifetime loss if you swore off sugar entirely? Maybe a little bit.

One thing for sure, you are very likely to live longer if you take sugar out of your diet. This is a fact, high sugar content in the blood causes inflammation.

"One of the reasons inflammation occurs is from a rapid rise in blood sugar, which causes biochemical changes in the cell. Staying away from sugar and high-glycemic (simple) carbohydrates, which the body rapidly converts to sugar, is one of the best ways to decrease inflammation.

When blood sugar goes up rapidly, sugar can attach itself to collagen in a process called “glycosylation,” or the Browning Reaction, increasing inflammation" - copied from http://www.wethchange.com/how-to-reduce-inflammation-in-the-body-and-why-you-need-to-do-this/

» "One of the reasons inflammation occurs is from a rapid rise in blood
» sugar, which causes biochemical changes in the cell. Staying away from
» sugar and high-glycemic (simple) carbohydrates, which the body rapidly
» converts to sugar, is one of the best ways to decrease inflammation.

The “complexity” of carbohydrates has very little to do with how fast blood sugar rises. To prove that, just look at the glycemic index of a baked potato, which is higher than sucrose (table sugar)!! :slight_smile:

Eating healthy is undoubtedly good for a person as a whole, but I doubt that it’s going to have a noticeable effect on your hair.

» » "One of the reasons inflammation occurs is from a rapid rise in blood
» » sugar, which causes biochemical changes in the cell. Staying away from
» » sugar and high-glycemic (simple) carbohydrates, which the body rapidly
» » converts to sugar, is one of the best ways to decrease inflammation.
»
» The “complexity” of carbohydrates has very little to do with how fast
» blood sugar rises. To prove that, just look at the glycemic index of a
» baked potato, which is higher than sucrose (table sugar)!! :slight_smile:
»
» Eating healthy is undoubtedly good for a person as a whole, but I doubt
» that it’s going to have a noticeable effect on your hair.

Bryan you will be surprised the kind of damage that refined sugar can do to our bodies.

» Bryan you will be surprised the kind of damage that refined
» sugar can do to our bodies.

Oh, I think it’s probably way overblown.

» » Bryan you will be surprised the kind of damage that refined
» » sugar can do to our bodies.
»
» Oh, I think it’s probably way overblown.

I once read a book called sugar blues, after you read that you would think it gives you everything from heart disease cancer ulcers migraines, etc etc etc

I eat way too much sugar but at mid 40s look about 35 normal blood pressure no heart problems, etc hair looks better than it did 10 yrs ago
I think Bryan is right it is a bit overblown