Strip transplants should be banned/boycotted

» »
» » But a good strip session will generally outdo a good FUE session for
» raw
» » transformation. The strip work allows much more grafting at one time
» and a
» » somewhat higher percentage of the grafts tend to live.
» »
»
» This is again outdated information, sorry.
»
» But I can understand your point of view because you are probably located
» in the US. Please understand that in Europe FUE has advanced much faster
» than anywhere else in the world. Probably this is to be explained because
» for historical reasons there where many bad strip surgeries in the past and
» this has scared people.
» Nowadays you will find that FUE is offered more and more. Especially in
» the Belgium you will see more FUE work being performed than strip. Our
» team is training other docs and assistants into the art of FUE. Why,
» because demand for FUE is so high that in the near future it will become
» impossible to offer acceptable waiting times for patients.
»
»
» Last time I visited the Ishrs drs agreed that the survival of good FUE
» equals that of Good strip and vice versa. This debate is therefore closed.

Please. ISHRS is Quackville run by a bunch of jerkoffs. being with or without the ishrs doesn’t mean jack. Ripoffs is what they are.
»
» Stop staring yourselves blind on the showcase patient that receives
» 4000-5000 strip grafts in a single session. These are EXCEPTIONS OR GRAFT
» COUNTS have been artificially increased by splitting grafts.
» Most strip Docs would agree that the average strip sessions yield about
» 2500-3500 unsplit grafts. Surprisingly or not, but this is in the same
» number range where FUE megassesions are today as well (obviously it may
» require 2 consecutive days instead of 1, admitted).

Please,
I did not say that the Ishrs is the Mekka of all Truth.
But it does offer an occasion to meet many drs similtaniously and share experiences.

BV

» Please,
» I did not say that the Ishrs is the Mekka of all Truth.
» But it does offer an occasion to meet many drs similtaniously and share
» experiences.
»
» BV

haha ure right.

Thats a terrible example posted by V. The rear shot is fron the top down, you wouldnt be able to see the scar from there if it wasnt grafted.

» Please,
» I did not say that the Ishrs is the Mekka of all Truth.
» But it does offer an occasion to meet many drs similtaniously and share
» experiences.
»
» BV

ISHRS is a joke…my first botched up transplant was carried out by a doc certified by ishrs.

I believe the consensus among my BALDING brothers here is that only FUE transplants are acceptible for 21st century HTs. Let the word go forth that strip transplants are now to be considered techniques from the dark ages and HT doctors doing it should be side lined.

The motion carries…

=============================================
"Is it true that there are scars with FUE?

Can anyone prove / disprove that claim? "

I am not aware that it is even disputed by reputable FUE doctors. Of course they are NOTHING like a Strip scar - but if you want to shave your head with no evidence of scarring at all then I don’t know of any FUE doctor that is going to promise that.

As for Strip, yes, it still appears to have better yield in my opinion - it is the only way I can see that H&W produce the consistent results that they do - something I have not seen replicated by FUE to date.

So in my view it is ‘horses for courses’, FUE for smaller procedures, but if you want a massive transformation and have the donor then I still think that Strip is producing better results.

I notice however that no strip clinic ever shows the strip scar say a few years later after it has stretched. Even the strip clinics here never show you the donor area- Wonder why? They should for all eyes to see what it truly does. I have seen stretched scars even with the trycho-closure method. Avoid strip and go to fue. A lazy surgeon will only do strip because fue takes longer. Many too are not properly trained in the removal process and thus you see the huge transection rates occur. Strip again is outdated, easier for surgeons to perform more surgeries per day and thus more profit for the doctors but it was used since the late 80’s from certain doctors- Clearly outdated as 80’s big hair is. Time to say goodbye and good riddens to strip altogether.

» I notice however that no strip clinic ever shows the strip scar say a few
» years later after it has stretched. Even the strip clinics here never show
» you the donor area- Wonder why? They should for all eyes to see what it
» truly does. I have seen stretched scars even with the trycho-closure
» method. Avoid strip and go to fue. A lazy surgeon will only do strip
» because fue takes longer. Many too are not properly trained in the removal
» process and thus you see the huge transection rates occur. Strip again is
» outdated, easier for surgeons to perform more surgeries per day and thus
» more profit for the doctors but it was used since the late 80’s from
» certain doctors- Clearly outdated as 80’s big hair is. Time to say goodbye
» and good riddens to strip altogether.

In order to max out your donor supply availability you NEED the combination of both procedures.

I would never ever do strip- Been there, done that- major problems with it. No problems with FUE- Answer= FUE by a Doctor like Woods.

» I would never ever do strip- Been there, done that- major problems with
» it. No problems with FUE- Answer= FUE by a Doctor like Woods.

I guess you had a bad experience. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not pro-strip…not really anti-strip either but I would always lean towards fue over strip. But whether we like it or not, whether you or I or anyone else will get it or not, the truth is if someone wants the most possible grafts extracted from the donor sites then the combination of strip+FUE is required. Required atleast something new comes out…perhaps Dr. Gho’s authenticated research and study will be the end of strip as we know it. Once Dr Gho’s technique becomes available I can guarantee strip clinics will either close down or embark on the FUE ship.

» =============================================
» "Is it true that there are scars with FUE?
»
» Can anyone prove / disprove that claim? "
» =============================================

Gho performs the most scarless procedure in the world, because he uses a smaller needle than anyone else. However, I am reluctant to get hairline work there as, despite the excellent outcome of Gerard Joling, I don’t see enough evidence that the artistic work in the hairline is up to the level of the best HT artists in the world.

My current opinion is the best HT available is to go to one of the top hairline artists to get a world-class FUE hairline and fill in the rest of the head with the donor stingy HST method.

Nobody should ever get HST without ordering some small acupuncture needles and some semi-permanent tattoo ink and taking close up photos for 10 days following the extraction. This requires very little time, costs perhaps $25, and provides you evidence of exactly how you respond to the HST treatment.

I’m considering flying to Holland and getting a 50 graft proof (I’ll be there on vacation anyways). If so, I’ll tattoo it and photo-document the procedure.

great james bond good luck!