Still photos are OBSOLETE...but easy to hide the facts/truth

» And during a rare holiday break, I will take the opportunity to vent.
»
» Just look at some recently posted photos where 3,500 approx grafts were
» required to infill the temples and fortify the central hairline .
»
» 3000 plus grafts ???
»
» If there is anyone out there with SIMILAR TEMPORAL LOSS…try this “do it
» yourself” exercise.
»
» Get a fine tip felt pen, of approx 0.5 to 0.8 mm. Dot out 500 to 750 a
» side…getting pretty cramp, isn’t it. NOW, DOUBLE IT.
»
» Now imagine you are cutting into the skin and need even more room.
»
» What I am SUGGESTING, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION, is that if 3000 plus grafts
» are quoted, about 2000 are “DUDS”, “TRANSECTED”, or not even planted.
»
» But it all gets lost in the mix, and you will believe photos and hype,
» even while your brain is screaming out in your subconscience…“no way”.
»
» Dr Ray Woods

Are you talking about Armani’s 3000 or Umar’s? I think Armani’s 3000 grafts was amazing, it covered a lot of grounds, that guy was probably a severe norwood 3 before the surgery.

»
» But since the above patient offered his photos and history
»
» , consider the following
»
» There IS some pre existing hair, and he is on propecia and rogaine
»
» How many grafts are there per square cm ??.
»
» Now , this is just a wild guess, but I think 10 to 25. And the shaft
» diameter is coarse and large follicle size
»
» Now grow it long, sweep it back , and the result , in these photos is very
» good.
»
» And if this result is placed under the microscope, I doubt you will see
» more than 25 per square cm…and this still can give an excellent result.
»
» So if I was quoting on this before photo, I would say 2000 to 2500 , MAX.
»
» In this area , I don’t see how packing in more would not be sujected to
» scalp shock, blood supply inadequacy, skin maceration, and follicle
» death…And I place each graft personally under minimum 8 power
» magnification VIA HYPODERMIC ELLIPTICAL SLITS.
»
»
» Again, without splaying the hair, and getting right in there , the number
» per square cm is obscured by the nice comb back.
»
» Otherwise, congratulations, nice result…but 4,500 grafts in that
» area…??
»
»
» Again, I may be wrong, but after 20 years at this, I don’t think so.
»
»
» Dr Ray Woods

Dr. Woods, this particular patient had his crown redone as well as right thru the middle and the hairline. You mentioned you would quote the patient at 2,000-2,500 grafts? If you could get this same result with 2,500 grafts, where the patient needs crown work and the hairline rebuilt, I would certainly like to see an example of that.

Thanks for posting these full angles. I think what confuses everyone is when you just post the front shot’s. And that is why you got all these kida responses.

» Dr. Woods, this particular patient had his crown redone as well as right
» thru the middle and the hairline. You mentioned you would quote the patient
» at 2,000-2,500 grafts? If you could get this same result with 2,500 grafts,
» where the patient needs crown work and the hairline rebuilt, I would
» certainly like to see an example of that.
»

Show me videos, before and after, with a comb running through exposing everything that docs don’t normally want readers to see…under similar lighting and angles.

I’ve been around too long to buy a dimly lit incandescent lamp “after” still shot.

I know how easy it is to create an illusion. I’ve seen it on the web for many years.

When I presented “michaels” video, I showed the truth…but if you tell the truth, be preparared to pay the price, as opportunistic shills stalk forums waiting to exploit a competing doctors weakness, meaning truthfullness, while they peddle carefully constructed lies to a gullible, vulnerable public, to fill their bosses operating chairs.

This whole “bald one minute”… then "full head of hair " story is usually not possible with 4,000 grafts.

In some favourable cases you can do extremely well, and get a great look, and this patient is one of them, but trying to pass off a full head of hair result…??

Dr Ray Woods

“In some favourable cases you can do extremely well, and get a great look, and this patient is one of them” I agree this one is one of them. Same as your patient I first viewed on your website George. But what helped in his case to the public is that He had a before video and and after video with comb through. Check it out Pats. These type of videos showing results is what the patients want to see. The donor hair is amazing to get these kind of results. Page not found | Hair Transplant in Sydney by Dr Ray Woods, Inventor of FUE

I also want to add Pats, that those pics are deceitful.

That angle does not show the true density that was transplanted. A straight on angle with bright lights above would be more accurate.

And this one from Bisanga. This is what potential patients want to see.Video in the middle of the page. http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-24029-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer.html

The simple point is that although video is not immune to deception, it’s much easier to deceive people with pictures, not video; but yes, it’s still possible to deceive someone with video. But since it’s LESS likely, video should be seen as a mode of progress when assessing results.

As for Armani,

His hairlines are beautiful, a true work of art; but with all due respect to Dr. Armani I, respectfully, question transcetion rates. Also, virtually every pic I have ever seen from his office seems to be guilty of doctoring after photos with makeup. To be fair, he is not alone in this. I say this about Armani all the while acknowledging he may be the best HT doc (or in the top 5) in the US.

As for Woods,

I can’t wait toshake his hand. The thing I like about Dr. Woods is that I know he doesn’t hesitate to turn down patients (this means he’s thinking of patients over his coffers) and when I visit him, one day, I’ll be prepared for whatever he tells me.

» I also want to add Pats, that those pics are deceitful.
»
» That angle does not show the true density that was transplanted. A
» straight on angle with bright lights above would be more accurate.

It doesn’t get much more straight on then the photos below. The first gentlemen took the photo in his own living room at a straight over head position using a flash. You can see the shadow on his shirt that the flash created. Further, He has offered to meet any of you in person. I hope some of you take up this offer and report back to us with what you thought of his result.

Now alot of the after photos I have recently posted were taken by the patients themseleves in a natural setting.

The patient below however lives close enough to the clinic that he is able to come in to take photos. The picture below was taken at the clinic, a straight over head shot under harsh lighting showing his true result!

Those photos look pretty harsh to me.!!

» » But since the above patient offered his photos and history
» »
» » , consider the following
» »
» » There IS some pre existing hair, and he is on propecia and rogaine
» »
» » How many grafts are there per square cm ??.
» »
» » Now , this is just a wild guess, but I think 10 to 25. And the shaft
» » diameter is coarse and large follicle size
» »
» » Now grow it long, sweep it back , and the result , in these photos is
» very
» » good.
» »
» » And if this result is placed under the microscope, I doubt you will see
» » more than 25 per square cm…and this still can give an excellent
» result.
» »
» » So if I was quoting on this before photo, I would say 2000 to 2500 ,
» MAX.
» »
» » In this area , I don’t see how packing in more would not be sujected to
» » scalp shock, blood supply inadequacy, skin maceration, and follicle
» » death…And I place each graft personally under minimum 8 power
» » magnification VIA HYPODERMIC ELLIPTICAL SLITS.
» »
» »
» » Again, without splaying the hair, and getting right in there , the
» number
» » per square cm is obscured by the nice comb back.
» »
» » Otherwise, congratulations, nice result…but 4,500 grafts in that
» » area…??
» »
» »
» » Again, I may be wrong, but after 20 years at this, I don’t think so.
» »
» »
» » Dr Ray Woods
»
»
» Dr. Woods, this particular patient had his crown redone as well as right
» thru the middle and the hairline. You mentioned you would quote the patient
» at 2,000-2,500 grafts? If you could get this same result with 2,500 grafts,
» where the patient needs crown work and the hairline rebuilt, I would
» certainly like to see an example of that.
»
»

»
»
»
»

These look pretty harsh to me, and the results look pretty natural. Thanks for posting these…

»
» The patient below however lives close enough to the clinic that he is able
» to come in to take photos. The picture below was taken at the clinic, a
» straight over head shot under harsh lighting showing his true result!
»
»

Wow…that over head shot really shows how much coverage this patient got from 4,500 grafts. Regardless of how you look at it, this is a very impressive result as far as Dr. Armani using 3,000 grafts just for the temples. From what I can see, he uses 3,000 grafts to rebuild the entire hairline and behind it similar to the patient posted in this link:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-38601-page-1-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

I just don’t see other clinics rebuilding hairlines as impressive as this.

Wow…that over head shot really shows how much coverage this patient got from 4,500 grafts. Regardless of how you look at it, this is a very impressive result as far as Dr. Armani using 3,000 grafts just for the temples. From what I can see, he uses 3,000 grafts to rebuild the entire hairline and behind it similar to the patient posted in this link:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-38601-page-1-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

I just don’t see other clinics rebuilding hairlines as impressive as this.

This patient had 2,500 grafts . His old procedure left him with a mini plug unnatural appearance, and still very bald.

http://www.woodstechnique.com.au/videogallery/pagination.php?album=Repair%20with%202,500%20Grafts

He wanted a "full head of hair " appearance.

Impossible without a little topik.

With still photos I could easily have fooled people.

In person, the topik is undetectable.

He is an international traveller and in 2 weeks he will be back, WITHOUT TOPIK so an interesting comparison can be filmed.

He assures me that even without TOPIK, it looks great.

We shall see.

Dr Ray Woods

Photos can be doctored, enhanced in a huge number of ways. Video definately seems the way to go.

The results are really excellant and it’s refreshing to see some honesty here with regards to TOPIK being used to enhance a great job.

» The simple point is that although video is not immune to deception, it’s
» much easier to deceive people with pictures, not video; but yes, it’s still
» possible to deceive someone with video. But since it’s LESS likely, video
» should be seen as a mode of progress when assessing results.
»
»
» As for Armani,
»
» His hairlines are beautiful, a true work of art; but with all due respect
» to Dr. Armani I, respectfully, question transcetion rates. Also, virtually
» every pic I have ever seen from his office seems to be guilty of doctoring
» after photos with makeup. To be fair, he is not alone in this. I say this
» about Armani all the while acknowledging he may be the best HT doc (or in
» the top 5) in the US.
»
» As for Woods,
»
» I can’t wait toshake his hand. The thing I like about Dr. Woods is that I
» know he doesn’t hesitate to turn down patients (this means he’s thinking of
» patients over his coffers) and when I visit him, one day, I’ll be prepared
» for whatever he tells me.

Hi,

What kind of makeup do you say Armani does? And who else may be doing makeup in the afters?

» As for Armani,
»
» His hairlines are beautiful, a true work of art; but with all due respect
» to Dr. Armani I, respectfully, question transcetion rates. Also, virtually
» every pic I have ever seen from his office seems to be guilty of doctoring
» after photos with makeup. To be fair, he is not alone in this. I say this
» about Armani all the while acknowledging he may be the best HT doc (or in
» the top 5) in the US.

Please be careful with comments like that. Be specific about which picture you are questioning about and provide proof. Some of the pictures may be a bit dark, but like you said, there are others who share the same problem too.

I do agree that providing a video footage can minimize arguments about the authenticity of photos. The forum is capable of handling video uploads, (FLV, WMV, SWF formats all acceptable). I hope posters will continue to use the feature.

I can’t believe my eyes, this guy had almost no hair on top and secounds later he has a full head of hair.

» I can’t believe my eyes, this guy had almost no hair on top and secounds
» later he has a full head of hair.

With still photos, it is very rare to see a comb properly splaying the hair, and showing what is REALLY happening , especially in the vertex and crown.

Think how often you have seen it.

You occassionally see a comb up of the frontal hairline.

Occassonally you see a still showing the vertex and crown with a comb spreading it, but these are highly unreliable due to so many variables which can be manipulated.

In this case, If I ran the comb through the vertex and crown, properly spreading everything out, you would see topik on the scalp. So I left it out as an educational example, so people know what to look for and question.

In a video, there is no reason not to show the hair being spead out, unless there is something to hide, eg, Topik OR a combover masquerading as good density.

This patient lives Overseas, but will be back soon for a proper video.

Dr Ray Woods

I was just deciding whether I should put my opinion in on this discussion. I guess since I had my FUE performed by Dr. Armani I am bias, but I will stand behind him without a doubt. I would be more than happy to submit a video once the grafts grow in. Currently I am approaching my 2nd month post op. Whenever I get to the crucial months of post op growth I’ll gladly video it myself and show the results.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion. And this forum is for healthy discussions about topics exactly like this one here. But for calling out Pats for posting pictures is a bit unfair I believe. Dr. Armani is one of the most innovative and distinguished surgeons out there without question. There are many, many hair clinics that deserve to be examined for covering up bad results and offering procedures they have no business performing. But he is definitely not one of them. Like I mentioned earlier, everyones opinion is respected and I am not looking to argue. I just think our time would be better spent helping future patients reading the forums to be aware of the hair clinics that are a complete waste.