Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Still photos are OBSOLETE...but easy to hide the facts/truth

Video shows the comb through . Which stills will not. If I had to chose I would rely more on the video.

»
» of course those pictures look great of the work bc those kids havent even
» really begun to move through hairloss. they will be more screwed than those
» of us who did nothing.
»
» all of these armani jobs are done prematurely and that is why they lead us
» to believe hairloss can be reversed. it cant. it just cant. and all of
» these pictures are lies

Anyone coming in for a procedure with Dr. Armani is evaluated before any work is done. A plan is devised with the patients long term interest in mind.

Before a patient has a procedure a full medical examination is required, the patients family hairloss history is analyzed, and the scalp is examined and mapped for minaturization.

Nobody is just dumping grafts in the hairline of the patient and hanging them out in the wind as you are suggesting. Some patients may need to come back for a second pass later down the road, this is explained to the patient when they sit with Dr. Armani.

»
» Video is easy to manipulate. Sit a guy under a bright overhead florescent
» light vs natural light coming from the side…significant difference. I’ve
» already seen this in a lot of videos posted by docs…dim lighting.

I encourage people considering a transplant to see some results in person. There is an Armani patient in the other thread that has agreed to meet people in person. I do hope a few of you take this oppurtunity to meet him and report back to us what you see.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-40762-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

I am an Alvi Armani patient that had work done when I was 28. 3000 graphs to fill in my thinning. My temples were not filled in and that was a good choice by Armani to ensure I had options should I need another procedure down the road. Armani worked with me on the right approach to my procedure and realistic goals. I did have a horrible experience with Bosley which left a bad scar and bad results. I can admit that I should have never had that procedure, but I learned from it and it was only 400 graphs. I did choose Armani based on the results I was able to view and the patients I met. They also were with similar hair as my own and similar age. Every patient is different regarding the hair loss they will experience and nothing is pefectly predictable.

There are plenty of options out there. Some are good, some are bad. Armani like other surgeons has his method and his preferred approach. I am 31 and extremely happy with my results. No one has ever asked if I have had work done. I will have another procedure as I will continue to thin. I will also trust Armani with the next procedure and am confident the results will be natural to my look and meet my expectations. The clinic is great, the people were great and my results speak for themselves. I could not be happier.

All the best to all of you in your research and your approach to your hair loss goals. My pictures are of course on the site and the video of my results are online as well.

I didn’t want to have other doctors by name dragged into this. But this is my thread and if anyone wants to challenge , debate or advertise here, I deserve to reply and state my opinion, without confrontation

But the question remains, HOW MANY GRAFTS PER SQUARE CM.

This one of the great misconceptions and perpetual myths in the industry.

I have always refused to engage, match or enter into these ridiculous numbers contests…

But since the above patient offered his photos and history

, consider the following

There IS some pre existing hair, and he is on propecia and rogaine

How many grafts are there per square cm ??.

Now , this is just a wild guess, but I think 10 to 25. And the shaft diameter is coarse and large follicle size

Now grow it long, sweep it back , and the result , in these photos is very good.

And if this result is placed under the microscope, I doubt you will see more than 25 per square cm…and this still can give an excellent result.

So if I was quoting on this before photo, I would say 2000 to 2500 , MAX.

In this area , I don’t see how packing in more would not be sujected to scalp shock, blood supply inadequacy, skin maceration, and follicle death…And I place each graft personally under minimum 8 power magnification VIA HYPODERMIC ELLIPTICAL SLITS.

Again, without splaying the hair, and getting right in there , the number per square cm is obscured by the nice comb back.

Otherwise, congratulations, nice result…but 4,500 grafts in that area…??

Again, I may be wrong, but after 20 years at this, I don’t think so.

Dr Ray Woods

»
» There IS some pre existing hair, and he is on propecia and rogaine

Dr. Woods, no where in the post did I mention anything about the patient being on Rogaine or Propecia. I guess you are assuming this?

Yes the patient had some exisitng hair, although not very much.

He had his 4,500 grafts to cover the hairline, zones 2 zone 3 and he had some crown work done, not just in the front. I am working with the gentlemen to get more photos.

All in all I would say he received excelent coverage for the mount of grafts.

» »
» »
» Dr. Woods, no where in the post did I mention anything about the patient
» being on Rogaine or Propecia. I guess you are assuming this?

Pats, in the thread you linked to, it describes that the patient is on 1 mg Propecia and Rogaine. Do you have pics taken right after surgery?

Hey Pat’s maybe this is where he is getting the idea he is using propecia and rogaine from this "

15.10.2008, 12:17
(edited by Pats205, 15.10.2008, 12:51) Dr. Armani result 4,500 grafts - (Patient available to meet) (Hair Transplant)Post reply
The below patient has had 2 procedures performed by Dr. Armani.

1st procedure - Armani 2,500 (FUSS) Dec/2004
2nd procedure - Armani 2,000 (FUE) Oct/2007
Daily - Rogaine Foam + 1mg Propecia

.http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-40762-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html Anyway maybe you can post, post op photos from where the grafts were exactly placed.

» » »
» » »
» » Dr. Woods, no where in the post did I mention anything about the
» patient
» » being on Rogaine or Propecia. I guess you are assuming this?
»
» Pats, in the thread you linked to, it describes that the patient is on 1
» mg Propecia and Rogaine. Do you have pics taken right after surgery?

Oh yes, I see this now. I will find out from the patient when he started his regimen and how he responded to meds.

I am working on getting more photos from this patient. I will post more as I get them.

Fundamentally I am on the same page as Dr. Woods. See videos and if at all possible see results in person. The more the better.

“There IS some pre existing hair, and he is on propecia and rogaine”

I would like to know where all of these outlier patients are who have received unbelieveable results from propecia and rogaine. We may want to inform the “Drugs” and “Topicals” forums on this site that there are some incredible drugs out there (propecia and rogaine) that lead to some remarkable results. Oh wait, that must only be the case for Armani patients who have received excellent transplants. Maybe the Armani procedures themselves are causing some kind of genetic mutation or biological reaction that is turning the dormant follicles back on following the procedure. It could be that Dr. Armani has unexpectadly stumbled onto the fountain of youth for follicles.

I totally agree and recommend that it is extremely important to meet patients and see results in person if at all possible. I can understand where photos can be misleading at times and that videos are not always available, so if one is serious about a procedure, it is that persons due diligence to go out there and do their own research. I am currently researching a HT and I have already met two Armani patients in person. I was quite impressed with the results I saw and that encouraged me tremendously. I am still in the research phase and hope to see more patients from the other doctors and clinics in my area and possibly abroad.

Great post!

» » » »
» » » »
» » » Dr. Woods, no where in the post did I mention anything about the
» » patient
» » » being on Rogaine or Propecia. I guess you are assuming this?
» »
» » Pats, in the thread you linked to, it describes that the patient is on
» » mg Propecia and Rogaine. Do you have pics taken right after surgery?
»
» Oh yes, I see this now.

BTW Excellent topic Dr Woods… You’re still THE KING. SOO glad I went to you… Nothing but 9’s and 10’s now. Thanks bro!!..

Sux2bme. We understand that Pats205 is working and promoting the Armani clinic. But don’t you think the language here is a bit to strong? By the way Dr. Woods. Are you still charging in U.S dollars or Australian dollars these days??

» Sux2bme. We understand that Pats205 is working and promoting the Armani
» clinic. But don’t you think the language here is a bit to strong? By the
» way Dr. Woods. Are you still charging in U.S dollars or Australian dollars
» these days??

I have been charging in Australian dollars for several years, which was pretty close to being equal to, or just below the US dollar …until a few weeks ago.

The AUS. dollar is about 65 cents against the US dollar, and it plummeted in a matter of weeks. And it is expected to stay there due to commodity prices, demand from china etc

In view of the crisis in Europe , Britain and the USA, the policy of charging in the low AUS dollars will remain, regardless of how low it goes…especially in this climate.

When the AUS dollar becomes worth a handfull of shiny flat rocks, I may reconsider

Now back to the topic

Dr Ray Woods

I see that you have neglected to say the truth in this forum Pats.This patient that is willing to meet other patients as you say is working part time for the armani clinic.

And from what i see you never once mentioned it here as well.Shoulnt people know that this guy they are going to meet and ask his opinion and experience is getting compensated by the armani clinic?

“the policy of charging in the low AUS dollars will remain, regardless of how low it goes” This is good news as I was thinking on getting my strip scars filled in a little in the new year.

» i could not agree with you more dr. woods. these pictures left up on the
» site by pats of dr. armani’s office are just a joke. his postings literally
» make it look like anyone off the street can go to armani and get a new full
» head of hair. they are operating on people who arent ready to get ‘filled
» in’ yet and are showing pics that are not indicative of the masses who lose
» way more hair over time than these ‘stop-gap’ surgeries illustrate. and in
» a moment of sadness, depression and desperation they end up in the chair
» thinking their problems are over. WRONG…hair thins and falls out over
» time and i am sick of seeing these beautiful pictures of some 20 something
» year old dude who thinks his slight temple recession or 3 mm frontal
» recession can be fixed with one sit down.
»
» of us who did nothing.
»

I beg to differ dreamster. Those pictures are NOT a joke. I don’t think those pictures make it look like just anyone can walk in off the street and get a full head of hair. As a patient of Dr. Armani I will be the first to politely protest your statements. I have seen first had many fellow patients of Dr. Armani’s, ALL different ages and different stages of hair loss. To say that all the pics are of 20 something year olds who have not really even begun to experience hair loss is unfair. As many of the journals illustrate, many patients have had many surgeries and have regained their hair over a period of time…not just in one sit down. No one is saying that hair loss can be reversed but hair thickness can be re-achieved over time and over visits which is what I believe these pictures show. I personally have been very happy with Dr. Armani’s clinic, and very happy with my results. I have had work done on my crown as well as front. If you saw me you would probably say that I too look like on of those young guys who has not yet even begun to experience hair loss. Dr. Armani has helped me immensely over a period of a few years to regain a thick head of hair, as he has for many, many other very happy patients. Who…I might add are now NOT depressed and anxious about their hair loss. I encourage you to see for yourself by viewing my journal.

» » i could not agree with you more dr. woods. these pictures left up on the
» » site by pats of dr. armani’s office are just a joke. his postings
» literally
» » make it look like anyone off the street can go to armani and get a new
» full
» » head of hair. they are operating on people who arent ready to get
» ‘filled
» » in’ yet and are showing pics that are not indicative of the masses who
» lose
» » way more hair over time than these ‘stop-gap’ surgeries illustrate. and
» in
» » a moment of sadness, depression and desperation they end up in the
» chair
» » thinking their problems are over. WRONG…hair thins and falls out over
» » time and i am sick of seeing these beautiful pictures of some 20
» something
» » year old dude who thinks his slight temple recession or 3 mm frontal
» » recession can be fixed with one sit down.
» »
» » of course those pictures look great of the work bc those kids havent
» even
» » really begun to move through hairloss. they will be more screwed than
» those
» » of us who did nothing.
» »
» » all of these armani jobs are done prematurely and that is why they lead
» us
» » to believe hairloss can be reversed. it cant. it just cant. and all of
» » these pictures are lies
»

As EARLY as the mid 1990s I was accused and attacked for not giving young men in their 20s the low hairlines they wanted.

10 years later , I am proved right.

Being too aggressive with a young man means as years go by , he has an island of frontal hair and little behind it.

And whether they like it or not, or whether they can afford it or not, they are trapped into getting more work and wind up on the never ending treadmill
And if the donor was equally aggressively over harvested, then we have a cosmetic problem.

My approach ensured that as years go by , and the young man is married, young children, other pressing financial obligations, then he is not forced to seek further treatment.
The original treatment looks fine many years later.

This approach drew criticism from the aggressive frontal hairline extenders, who wanted to guarentee future business turnover.

And these docs are particularly dangerous if they are really removing the many thousands of grafts to treat relatively small areas.

If they are really removing that many grafts, I suspect 50% or more are useless transections, and the donor is being severely depleted.
It is a lesser evil if they are simply artificially inflating the numbers…still dishonest, but less donor damage.

Dr Ray Woods

» i could not agree with you more dr. woods. these pictures left up on the
» site by pats of dr. armani’s office are just a joke. his postings literally
» make it look like anyone off the street can go to armani and get a new full
» head of hair. they are operating on people who arent ready to get ‘filled
» in’ yet and are showing pics that are not indicative of the masses who lose
» way more hair over time than these ‘stop-gap’ surgeries illustrate. and in
» a moment of sadness, depression and desperation they end up in the chair
» thinking their problems are over. WRONG…hair thins and falls out over
» time and i am sick of seeing these beautiful pictures of some 20 something
» year old dude who thinks his slight temple recession or 3 mm frontal
» recession can be fixed with one sit down.
»
» of us who did nothing.
»

Dreamster,

I just want to comment on my HT experience. I was 23 when I had my procedure and I turn 28 tomorrow. 5 years have passed and I have experienced some additional thinning and miniturization but anyone knows that as you age your hair will continue to thin. People start to experience hair loss at different times, some younger than others. If you look at my before pictures, you can clearly see I was in need of help in the hair department at a relatively young age. My point here reflects back to your comment about Dr. Armani’s office posting pics of young individuals who are hardly in need of a procedure and the pictures they post are lies.

I can safely say that I was not experiencing “slight” temple recession at 23 but rather extreme thinning in the entire frontal area of my head. My results speak for themself and I will be going back to Armani in the near future for a FUE procedure to achieve more density. If I didn’t have the procedure 5 years ago I couldn’t even tell you how miserable I would be today.

I knew going into my first procedure that I would need additional work in the future and I accepted that. When I visited Dr. Armani’s clinic prior to my procedure I had the chance to meet individuals who actually had HT’s and they were people of all ages(Not just 20 something year olds searching for a “stop-gap” surgery to alleviate minor thinning). The results I saw first hand coupled with many before/after pictures I reviewed was enough to make an educated decision to go forward with the procedure. I am extremely happy with my results and am completely ok with the fact that I will need another procedure sooner than later.

Feel free to take a look at my blog and you can see for yourself the results I achieved. I feel like you are unfairly attacking the results achieved by Armani’s patients…

-JP